Author Topic: Michelle Branch  (Read 311970 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #600 on: November 17, 2003, 04:56:42 pm »
Quote from: "tricia"
Some kind of throat condition.  She is under doctor's orders not to sing more than absolutely necessary.  She sold out SF so I figure that's why it's still on.  She's doing the MLS half time.  Then a show in Las Vegas.  All like 3 days apart from each other.

oh, i see!
i hope she feels better soon! that sucks when a singer has a sore throat cause that's their career being put on hold.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #601 on: November 17, 2003, 05:02:09 pm »
That was 600, Holly. You might want to make an edit, lol.
Joe

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #602 on: November 17, 2003, 05:06:32 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"

what do you mean? lol

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Michelle Branch
« Reply #603 on: November 17, 2003, 05:22:02 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"

what do you mean? lol

The 600th post in this thread  :twisted:
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #604 on: November 17, 2003, 05:23:54 pm »
Quote from: "GJenkins05"

what do you mean? lol

ooo... lol, i see!
what should i edit it to? saying its 600?

*confused*

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Michelle Branch
« Reply #605 on: November 17, 2003, 05:26:10 pm »

what do you mean? lol

ooo... lol, i see!

*confused*

Nah, just leave it be  :D ...
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #606 on: November 17, 2003, 09:06:54 pm »

what do you mean? lol

ooo... lol, i see!

*confused*

Nah, just leave it be  :D ...

lol, o, ok :)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #607 on: November 22, 2003, 08:45:30 am »

Best freaking day ever.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Tia

• MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #608 on: November 22, 2003, 09:31:54 am »

Best freaking day ever.

Coooooooooooooooooooool!!! 8O
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #609 on: November 22, 2003, 10:14:32 am »
Yay!!

I was *gasp* when I saw it. I am so happy for you!!  :D

I want details!! please

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Michelle Branch
« Reply #610 on: November 22, 2003, 02:46:11 pm »
Quote from: "Tia"

Best freaking day ever.

Coooooooooooooooooooool!!! 8O

Snap! that's awesome Tricia!!!!! 8O  8O  8O  8O
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Michelle Branch
« Reply #611 on: November 22, 2003, 02:59:06 pm »
Best freaking day ever.

8O  YAY!!!!!!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #612 on: November 23, 2003, 04:07:34 pm »
Here's the deal with the M&G:

I totally did not expect to get passes. That has never been a condition of my being PIF SF leader. I tried to win them, and I didn't, so I figured I wouldn't go to the M&G.

While I was having people sign the card I bought for Michelle, Ryan came up and was all "You got passes". I was like o_O. It turns out that they (Taylor) had given me passes anyway. I was all *dies*. So Rene and I went to the M&G after the show.

As for that totally horrid pic (LOL)...at one point during the show, someone handed Michelle a shirt, and Rene was all "They want you to take off your shirt!!!". All Michelle and the rest of us heard was "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!!!". Michelle looked down at Rene and was like "You want me to take off my shirt?". Rene was so embarrassed. Of course, I had to bring that up during the M&G. When Rene got up to the front, I was all "She's the one who wanted you to take off your shirt!". Michelle kinda smiled and was like "I know." And then she started cracking up. Rene was plotting revenge! When I got up there, Rene said something about me really being the one to want her to take her shirt off. I was like "WHAT?!?!?!" So when I was getting the card and the photo album out that I brought for her, Sharon says "Tricia, you can look at her!" and I said "No, I can't...she thinks I'm a perv" and Rene helped by adding something along the lines of me making sure I didn't look at her boobs. We were all laughing so I think she doesn't really think I'm a perv...I hope. I gave her the card and the photos and then asked her to sign my setlist. It says "To Tricia: Thanks for taking care of me. Michelle" *giddy* and I asked her for a picture. She was more than happy she said. So as we're posing, Rene was like "Don't touch her arse" and that made Michelle and I crack up, so in the first picture of us, I have my eyes closed and I'm laughing and she's cracking up too, but by then I was totally blushing and trying so hard not to just bust up, that the picture below is the end result. It was so worth it though. We were totally nervous before, but like during it was so cool because we were just going with the flow, entertaining Michelle, and just overall being our goober selves. Michelle may decide to ban us from any future guestlists though...

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Michelle Branch
« Reply #613 on: November 23, 2003, 04:08:32 pm »
Drop In The Ocean Intro
Find Your Way Back
Breathe
You Get Me
Everywhere
Where Are You Now
Empty Handed
Desperately
Game Of Love!!!!!!!!!
One Of These Days
Hotel Paper
Goodbye To You
Love Me Like That
Tony
Tuesday Morning
'Til I Get Over You
All You Wanted
Are You Happy Now

I spent most of Friday in line on Market Street. By far not the best place to be if you're a twenty-something female who is frightened of most people. Luckily, there were other non-drunk people around to protect me. Waiting in line is always fun. ;) The best part of the line experience came at about 6.

We had given up on Michelle coming in the building, so I decided it was time to have people sign the card I had bought for Michelle. While having people do that, I also passed out bunches and bunches of stickers that had www.pifsf.com and "Breathe Remixes in stores 11/25" written on them. Someone called me hardcore for handwriting all of those. Darn tootin I'm hardcore. :P Around 6:30 I found out that I had been given M&G passes through the goodwill of special people. We'll just end that there. At 7, the doors opened and we went in.

My friends and I took "our" spots in the front, a little left of center. That was one of many song title puns I managed that night. The opening act came out right at 8. His name was Jim Boggia and I was definitely impressed with his performance. It seemed like it was over in no time. He had a great presence and is just an all around awesome performer. Check him out...he comes highly recommended (Michelle herself personally endorses him).

After Jim's set, we all waited (im)patiently for Michelle to take the stage. From our vantage point, we could see Michelle and the band getting ready on the other side of the stage. Once the opening strains of "Drop In The Ocean" came over the system, everyone knew Michelle was coming out. They all made their way on stage and launched right into "Find Your Way Back". The security guard in the front was cracking up because everyone in the crowd starting singing so loud right away. It was incredible.

Michelle put down her guitar and walked around for her next two songs. "Breathe" the second single from Hotel Paper was very well received, as was "You Get Me" which is most famous for being the theme song to MTV's Sorority Life. The guitar came back for a revamped version of her very first single, "Everywhere". This new version is very cool. It started off with just her on the guitar at a slower tempo. The full band came in midway through the song and brought it back to its original speed. Totally awesome. My two favorite songs from Hotel Paper were next. "Where Are You Now" and "Empty Handed" have always blown me away live. I would love to see either of those become the third single from this album.

Michelle sent the boys away and sat down with her guitar to perform "Desperately". On previous tours, when performing this song, she had added the lines "Back to you, it always comes around...back to you" to the end of the song. On this tour it was "I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around". Since Rene and I seemed to be the only ones who knew this would happen, we were singing so loud and got a look from Michelle. We made her laugh. ;)

The SF crowd got quite the surprise when Michelle starting talking about how she doesn't really play this next song live anymore, but that she always thinks about it when she's in San Francisco. The guy she normally plays it with lives in the area. So she decided to throw the show off and add in a special treat. She asked the boys if they wanted to come out and play "Game Of Love" with her. Brad (the lead guitarist was all o_O) and she told him just to come out and join them when he was ready. We were all so excited because we knew she hadn't performed the song at any of her other dates on the Where Are You Now Tour. She kept Kevin (the key man) around after GOL and they sat down and did "One Of These Days". Just piano and vocals. This is not one of my favorite songs on the CD, but hearing it stripped down, and feeling the emotion coming from Michelle made it very very awesome live. Keeping with the acoustic theme of the previous three songs, the band came back and did a toned down "Hotel Paper" and left again for "Goodbye To You". Right before GTY, Michelle told us we could leave to take a pee break, but I don't think anyone took her up on that offer.

The speed of the show was brought back up when the band came back for good with "Love Me Like That", another personal favorite. The song I was most looking forward to was next. "Tony", a Patty Griffin tune, was delivered so flawlessly. It's a very moving song with content much different from most of Michelle's stuff. I was super glad she threw that in there. It was an excellent choice. "Tuesday Morning" is always great. It's a wonderful way to sing at the top of your lungs and be very dramatic. At least for me anyway. lol "'Til I Get Over You" was the last of the slow songs.

The best part of the show, for me, came right after TIGOY. Michelle had been getting presents all night, but during this break, she got the most. First was a Giants hat after telling us she was a big Giants fan. Every sports fan in the room swooned after hearing Michelle dug the home team. Then, some girls gave Michelle a shirt. So Rene decided it would be funny to yell out "They want you to take of your shirt!". Unfortunately for her, but SUPER funny for the rest of us, Michelle only heard "Take off your shirt!" so she looked right at us, and then right and Rene and was like "You want me to take off my shirt?". That definitely came back to haunt Rene, courtesy of yours truly.

"All You Wanted" was next. The very first time I saw Michelle, she told us this song was going to be her next single. Two years later, it is probably the most popular single she's had (next to GOL which so doesn't count). After AYW, everyone cleared the stage.

The break before the encore seemed really long. Michelle explained that it was because she needed to take her pee break. Then she kind of got embarrassed and said "That was too much information". Maybe just a little, but that's ok. :D "Are You Happy Now" was the song that closed the show. She extended the song to be close to ten minutes. It was so awesome. Kenny (Aronoff...the MAN) was rocking out on his set in the back and Michelle even went over and "helped" Brad play the guitar. The crowd was totally loving it and going crazy. That's the way a show should end.

We heard that Michelle had been pretty sick and had to cancel a lot of shows (including another one I was going to), but she didn't let it show in SF. She gave it her all, and we weren't disappointed. Her voice never faltered, she didn't seem to be tired or in pain, and she even threw in an extra song. It was also uber-cool because there was this screen behind her and during all the songs, they were showing videos. Like during "Everywhere" and "Goodbye To You" it showed part of the official videos, and during other songs it was just random images that tied in with the song's theme. This was probably the best Michelle show I've seen (and I've been to 8) and is definitely on the short list of my favorite concerts ever. I know I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again: Go check out Michelle in concert whenever you can. I promise you will have a great time. Especially if you take me with you. ;)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Michelle Branch
« Reply #614 on: November 23, 2003, 05:09:51 pm »
I have to say it again...  Yay!!

That is so cool. I am so happy for you PT. Thanks for the details. Your "a little left of center" cracked me up.

It sounds like an awesome show indeed.  :)

I saw the pictures on the MBMB, they came out great.  :)