Author Topic: what do you think about Love...  (Read 20076 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Re: what do you think about Love...
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2003, 08:17:23 am »
Quote from: "m125 Boy"
And you are a pessimist. :wink:

Pessamist are never dissapointed.
---Andrew[/quote]

A had a conversation on this the other day

if you expect the best and get mediocre, it will still be a dissapointment, and if you fail, it will be a disaster

now if you expect the worst, and get mediocre, you are quite pleased, if you get the best,  you dont shut up about it for thirty days :mrgreen:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Xennifr

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - errr...forgot ..Jenniferx20@msn.com..uh thats it i think...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Xennifr
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Jennifer181933
    • View Profile
Re: then
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2003, 08:40:48 am »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
what is your definition of a strong crush, and how is it differnt from love

well, I think there are many different definitions for these matters, love is different for everyone. I will try to answer your question in the way i think of this.

Having a crush on someone, is what you can get on that guy that you think is oh soooooooo cute, and who you ask a simple question to or sit at the same table at lunch with (when you're brave enough...). you might not know him very well yet though. its a sort of 'mild obsession' about a person you might say. you like what you see, and you want to see more. many serious relationships have started out this way, but not all. if you have a crush on someone, you should get to know that person better.

so you  get to know this person very well. and by that i mean what he (or she for that matter, im certainly not being prejudiced here...)is really like on the inside. you might have shared a lot of experiences, spent a lot of time together and you share a special bond. take this, and add a million other things like, chemistry, tears, laughter etc and you have love. its a deep thing, but oh so wonderful.... Liking someone usually involves liking their personality and who they are as a person and is deeper than a crush. Loving someone is even more than that. It's hard to explain what love is because different people consider it differently.
a crush is like an infatuation tho, it only last for a small period of time, when it comes to liking someone, you can like a lot of people, it is almost used as a general term, as for example i like your sister or brother, it can be used in just a general way, and being in love is when you know for a fact that the person you have feelings for is the one that you want to spend your entire life with, love is basically an extremely strong feeling that you feel towards another person, that basically leads to a deep affection, desire and devotion towards that person that makes your heart go crazy...

..... i hope this helped you out moogs21

oh and ...

people say I'm a pessimist. Even though I don't know most of the people who say this about me, I'll assume they're bastards. Yeah, it'll make an ass out of you and me. But mostly you. .. :mrgreen:

Ok i rambled..time to go to the beach..
What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters to what lies within us.

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
what do you think about Love...
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2003, 10:38:12 am »
Crushes suck. They REALLY do. They're just when you think someone's 'hot', you don't really pay attention to the guy's other attributes, just his looks. You wanna like the person, a lot more, but you don't and you can't udnerstand why . . .

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: what do you think about Love...
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2003, 10:46:04 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"

A had a conversation on this the other day

if you expect the best and get mediocre, it will still be a dissapointment, and if you fail, it will be a disaster

now if you expect the worst, and get mediocre, you are quite pleased, if you get the best,  you dont shut up about it for thirty days :mrgreen:

AMEN brother Pete!

The best part is, you always strive for the best, but expect the worst.  That way when we actually get what we strive for, it's like the happiest day ever!

it's like being a Bengals fan.  When they loose, you just shrug and move on.  But when they win ONE little game, it's a frickin party!
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2003, 10:50:16 am »
Quote from: "Xennifr"
people say I'm a pessimist. Even though I don't know most of the people who say this about me, I'll assume they're bastards.

Does anyone else see the exceptional Irony in this?  By immediatly assuming these people are assholes, you are expressing a pessamistic sentiment.... thereby making their statements true.  You are indeed a pessamist.  Funny how that works.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2003, 10:52:48 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
people say I'm a pessimist. Even though I don't know most of the people who say this about me, I'll assume they're bastards.

Does anyone else see the exceptional Irony in this?  By immediatly assuming these people are assholes, you are expressing a pessamistic sentiment.... thereby making their statements true.  You are indeed a pessamist.  Funny how that works.
---Andrew

Your statement is true, bastard :wink:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Xennifr

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2003, 11:18:23 am »

---Andrew

Grakthis why you always gotta go on and on about something....i can't stand when you do that....for things that happen to me I may or may not be a pessimist,so what,  for things that happen to other people I may or may not be a realistic pessimist.so fucking what.. I don't know if that is any better, but i am not going to make it an issue for me right now......
What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters to what lies within us.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2003, 11:22:28 am »
Grakthis why you always gotta go on and on about something....i can't stand when you do that....for things that happen to me I may or may not be a pessimist,so what,  for things that happen to other people I may or may not be a realistic pessimist.so fucking what.. I don't know if that is any better, but i am not going to make it an issue for me right now......

ROFL

Jen why you always gotta talk about stuff.....i can't stand when you do that....

Thank you for making my day Jennifer.

The point I was making is that you clearly imply that you are NOT a pessamist, then make a statement that would indicate you ARE a pessamist.  This is called Irony, and it ranks high on the unintentional comedy scale.

You following me here sweetie?
---Andrew

---Andrew

Xennifr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2003, 11:37:21 am »
Anyway...

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2003, 12:07:04 pm »
Anyway...

LMMFAO

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Moogs21

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2003, 08:37:38 pm »
Quote from: "PIBby"
Crushes suck. They REALLY do. They're just when you think someone's 'hot', you don't really pay attention to the guy's other attributes, just his looks. You wanna like the person, a lot more, but you don't and you can't udnerstand why . . .

well i'm very aware they really suck. but i'm not attrated to this guy because of his looks. i like him 'cause hes got a great personality and hes talented...

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2003, 09:51:46 am »
well i'm very aware they really suck. but i'm not attrated to this guy because of his looks. i like him 'cause hes got a great personality and hes talented...

But isn't that really the same thing?  He's attractive because hes talented and hes got a personality type you like which is causing you to not pay much attention to his looks.

Same basic principle.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Moogs21

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2003, 07:08:52 pm »

But isn't that really the same thing?  He's attractive because hes talented and hes got a personality type you like which is causing you to not pay much attention to his looks.

Same basic principle.
---Andrew

yes i guess so. not to mention i'm (most likely) the only girl in school that likes him like that. his looks arnt bad either, hes got this 'look' to him, that i guess only i can see  :roll: . i guess i just like him all-around. wish i could get to know him better

MeechNess

• AOL Instant Messenger - Faeryshroom
    • View Profile
so...
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2003, 09:55:21 pm »
get to know him better! What's stopping you?

Oh, and btw, "smilers never lose and frowners, they never win" Jason Mraz....

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Re: so...
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2003, 06:28:25 am »
Quote from: "MeechNess"
Oh, and btw, "smilers never lose and frowners, they never win" Jason Mraz....

Pessamists do more smiling than optimists because we never get blindsided by bad things.  We always get what we expect.
---Andrew

---Andrew