Author Topic: Recurring Dreams?  (Read 15643 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2003, 07:25:56 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
Actually I believe that dreams and daydreams both are just our minds inability to store all of the information we learned in our lifetime.  I believe that suppressed subconscious thought, especially bad memories, or our fears are something we cannot hide from......Its kind of like when you want to stop thinking about something, and the harder you try the more you think about it

Yeah, but like, i've never been consciously panicked about not being able to find my classes.  I'm not the kind who scouts out the classroom before hand, or who carries two copies of his scedule around for 3 weeks.  You know?

It's not a conscious worry of mine.  I don't think about it.  So why have dreams about it then?
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2003, 07:30:32 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
You know what, I used to have a recurring dream that I was at school, but I was lost and couldn't find my classes.  Sometimes i would even dream I was back in HS.  And i've been out of college for 2 years now.

They say that the important thing about dreams is the EMOTIONS you feel.  It's like, dreams are kicked off by an emotion you feel and then your body creates a story to explain the emotion.

No idea if that's true or not, but it would explain a lot of things.
---Andrew

Yeah that's kinda similar to mine. Going to school and not knowing where I'm supposed to be and on top of that I'm late so classes have already started. Mine's a feeling of anxiety I guess.. and of not fitting in as well.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2003, 07:39:40 am »
Actually I believe that dreams and daydreams both are just our minds inability to store all of the information we learned in our lifetime.  I believe that suppressed subconscious thought, especially bad memories, or our fears are something we cannot hide from......Its kind of like when you want to stop thinking about something, and the harder you try the more you think about it

Yeah, but like, i've never been consciously panicked about not being able to find my classes.  I'm not the kind who scouts out the classroom before hand, or who carries two copies of his scedule around for 3 weeks.  You know?

It's not a conscious worry of mine.  I don't think about it.  So why have dreams about it then?
---Andrew

Do you panic when you are late for work?  is there something you should have done and you are procrastinating?   I am relating this to subconscious thought, more along the lines of something that should bother you, or maybe shouldnt, but subconsciously it affects you more than in conscience because you have other things that are more important when you are actually awake.....generally dreams are a point in time when you can think about all the little things...however if i think about one thing a lot before sleep i will have a dream about it...which is kinda handy for making my night exciting.......its whatever is on your mind, even if you dont know its on your mind due to the fact that its a subconscious response or smaller matter.........Also old problems that are just part of memory, also subconscious in general..
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2003, 07:43:39 am »
Do you panic when you are late for work?  is there something you should have done and you are procrastinating?   I am relating this to subconscious thought, more along the lines of something that should bother you, or maybe shouldnt, but subconsciously it affects you more than in conscience because you have other things that are more important when you are actually awake.....generally dreams are a point in time when you can think about all the little things...however if i think about one thing a lot before sleep i will have a dream about it...which is kinda handy for making my night exciting.......its whatever is on your mind, even if you dont know its on your mind due to the fact that its a subconscious response or smaller matter.........Also old problems that are just part of memory, also subconscious in general..

Ah! Now we are getting somewhere.  There is no such thing as late for work, cause I have a flex schedule.  BUT, I do have procrastination issues and I tend to dwell on the things I SHOULD be doing too much.

Especially right before I go to sleep, cause thats when I sit and make lists in my head of all the stuff I need to do.

So I guess that kinda goes back to the idea that dreams are just visualizations of the things we feel while we sleep.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2003, 07:45:59 am »
Yeah. I procrastinate a lot and then worry about it =)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2003, 08:00:34 am »
Thats exactly what i am saying.  When you are conscious you can think clearly and consciously about your problems.  However in a dream state you can only relate your feelings to a mixture of memories drawn from the subconscious.  Thus dreams usually never seem to completely relate to your current life, but always give you that feeling that there was an important message within.
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2003, 08:01:36 am »
Quote from: "Zebrakorn"
Yeah. I procrastinate a lot and then worry about it =)

lol, and its never worth it, but can you ever change that?
'

absolutely not!! :mrgreen:

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2003, 08:04:49 am »
*sigh

Si's got a stoopid question:
what does procrastinate mean...?

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2003, 08:14:17 am »
Quote from: "Simone Sarah"
*sigh

it means put something off until the last minute

like when you say "i need to wash my clothes,......nahhh ill do it tommorrow" and you do that over and over until you are washing your clothes wrapped in a towel because you have NONE left...haha, well it doesnt have to get that bad, just putting things off in general is procrastinating

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2003, 08:17:10 am »
Quote from: "Simone Sarah"
*sigh

it means put something off until the last minute

like when you say "i need to wash my clothes,......nahhh ill do it tommorrow" and you do that over and over until you are washing your clothes wrapped in a towel because you have NONE left...haha, well it doesnt have to get that bad, just putting things off in general is procrastinating

Ahh!!
LOL
I do that all the time!!
hahaha

thanks!

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2003, 10:02:31 am »

Ahh!!
LOL
I do that all the time!!
hahaha

thanks!

LOL.  Yeah.... I hate doing stuff early cause it always feels like there are more important things to do.

Then i end up putting those off too  :wink:
---Andrew

---Andrew

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2003, 10:10:30 am »

Ahh!!
LOL
I do that all the time!!
hahaha

thanks!

LOL.  Yeah.... I hate doing stuff early cause it always feels like there are more important things to do.

Then i end up putting those off too  :wink:
---Andrew

I'm just a lazy git ; )

Laura

• View Profile
Re: Recurring Dreams?
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2003, 12:24:15 pm »
I keep getting this bizarre dream all the time about going back to school even though I'm blatantly a bit beyond school now. Every time I'm running late and I don't know where I'm supposed to be when I get there. Kind of an anxiety thing I guess.

Omg! Ok, well i'm still in school-but like a week or so before I go back to the next trimester-I always have this dream where I go back and don't know where i'm supposed to be when I get there also! It's so freaky-i've had this dream like every single time before I go to the next trimester, & I always forget to get my schedual or something. It's weird!

And also-it's not a reacurring nightmare-but I had it when I was like 7 years old, a long time ago-and I still remember it!! Like I used to live in a huge house-had alot of land and stuff, & one night I had a nightmare that I got lost, ended up at someones house or something at night-wen't down their slide a few times & hung out with them, & there was this golden face following me-then I got home, walked around the kitchen table a few times, wen't into a room-and there was a golden face just floating in the room. I have no idea why I still remember that dream I had when I had it like 10 years ago, lol.

It's gotta be my old house or something-my parents built it, it was like huge-but something else happened to, it wasn't a dream or anything, tho it sure felt like it...my friend was over and we both saw it so i'm not crazy, lol. There was this like scarecrow looking guy that pointed a rake towards us, & we both started running for our lives!! lol oh my gosh, my dad didn't see anything tho, but my friend saw it so I couldn't have been lying, lol-I know it's weird. Just thought i'd share  :)

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2003, 01:06:47 pm »
Quote from: "Me&myPiano"
I keep getting this bizarre dream all the time about going back to school even though I'm blatantly a bit beyond school now. Every time I'm running late and I don't know where I'm supposed to be when I get there. Kind of an anxiety thing I guess.

Omg! Ok, well i'm still in school-but like a week or so before I go back to the next trimester-I always have this dream where I go back and don't know where i'm supposed to be when I get there also! It's so freaky-i've had this dream like every single time before I go to the next trimester, & I always forget to get my schedual or something. It's weird!

lol .. seems as thought it's a fairly standard dream then .. weird =)

And also-it's not a reacurring nightmare-but I had it when I was like 7 years old, a long time ago-and I still remember it!! Like I used to live in a huge house-had alot of land and stuff, & one night I had a nightmare that I got lost, ended up at someones house or something at night-wen't down their slide a few times & hung out with them, & there was this golden face following me-then I got home, walked around the kitchen table a few times, wen't into a room-and there was a golden face just floating in the room. I have no idea why I still remember that dream I had when I had it like 10 years ago, lol.

lol .. ok .. that's just a little odd, but then I guess there aren't many normal dreams are there? Answers on a postcard..

It's gotta be my old house or something-my parents built it, it was like huge-but something else happened to, it wasn't a dream or anything, tho it sure felt like it...my friend was over and we both saw it so i'm not crazy, lol. There was this like scarecrow looking guy that pointed a rake towards us, & we both started running for our lives!! lol oh my gosh, my dad didn't see anything tho, but my friend saw it so I couldn't have been lying, lol-I know it's weird. Just thought i'd share  :)

lmao .. so some guy dressed as a scarecrow pointed a rake at you?? Scurry! *gasp* Maybe it was Wursel Gummidge!!! =O

You probably don't know who he is though =/

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2003, 03:51:18 pm »

lmao .. so some guy dressed as a scarecrow pointed a rake at you?? Scurry! *gasp* Maybe it was Wursel Gummidge!!! =O

You probably don't know who he is though =/

It just was sooo creepy-it's like he disapeared. I have no freaking clue, lol-all I remember is we both started running in the house!! Haha