Author Topic: Vanessa's opinion on piracy  (Read 2447 times)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Vanessa's opinion on piracy
« on: June 27, 2003, 06:46:38 am »
Vanessa Carlton, singer/songwriter, "A Thousand Miles" and Platinum artist for "Be Not Nobody": "I think it's great that there are even more avenues today to expose music and new artists.  And I'm all for getting a taste of something before you buy it, but when it becomes more than a taste and people begin hoarding the entire work, it becomes piracy which results in a system in which artists are not being rewarded for their works.  Works which they put everything they have into creating and then working their asses off to support and promote."
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Dj SG

• Make me high on lullabies
    • ICQ Messenger - 178704000
    • MSN Messenger - djsg15@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 12:16:00 pm »
I totally agree with nessa. :D  :wink:
Carpe'Diem

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 12:57:25 pm »
Wow! She was on the news last night,(Not in person) they were talking about piracy and they were showing CD racks and BnN was on there and LINKIN PARK and then in the back ground the end of PB started playing!

It was too cool!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 08:23:04 pm »
I know she said at her West Hollywood House of Blues concert "You can download that anywhere!" referring to her song "She Floats".  Obviously, she is interested in people hearing music (hers in particular) and promoting upcoming music and artists, but I agree with her totally when it comes to pirating whole works with no intention of paying anyone their due share.

Personally, I only download commercially unavailable tracks or works I am interested in buying or material that I already own anyway (so as to make a CD copy of a tape or LP I have, for example).  I never steal whole works without paying for them.  But who do you pay for bootlegs?
Dustin

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 07:48:59 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I know she said at her West Hollywood House of Blues concert "You can download that anywhere!" referring to her song "She Floats".  Obviously, she is interested in people hearing music (hers in particular) and promoting upcoming music and artists, but I agree with her totally when it comes to pirating whole works with no intention of paying anyone their due share.

I thought she said "You can't download that anywhere" saying it was something new . . ..

VanessaLover03

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GodMustHateMe003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 01:08:17 am »
Nessas right...she always is
A Very Proud NESSAholic and NESSAjedi PadVan,
Alex

NESSAholics forever!!!!