Author Topic: new topic e-mail thread  (Read 4715 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« on: October 24, 2002, 01:54:35 pm »
This thread is for all of you who want to be notified when there is a new topic on the board.  So if you want to be notified by e-mail that there is a new topic then post here. When you start a new topic, post here also to let other people know.

If you post here then if you have you e-mail account that notifies you when you have new e-mail then it is kind of a convience.

Plus it might improve the traffic here while allowing you to surf the web and other stuff on your computer.

see ya around :)

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 01:59:56 pm »
Not a bad idea actually, although a better thing would be to have it as an option in your account. But I guess they didn't write it into the board. Those phpBB scumbags ;o)

-- Matt

tylor2000

• View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 02:08:05 pm »
yeah well I'm just happy that they have this option at all.......especially sense i'm absentminded :wink:

I'm just adapting it a little...maybe it will give them an idea..if not oh well i like this idea anywho....

they should be getting praises for giving the option for being notified by e-mail anywho..thanks guys :D

maybe some day when it gets really busy I'll want to turn the blasted thing off.....lol :lol:

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 02:11:40 pm »
Well the email notification thingumy is a standard forum tool. I wrote a forum a few months ago and included this. I was surprised to see the vcbb didn't have it .. along with being able to save your sig with your account details and a few other things you normally get with forums.

I doubt very much that this board will change based on what we do because it's a standard open source, freely downloaded forum from phpBB.

So what you see is pretty much what you get I would have thought.

-- Matt

tylor2000

• View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 02:19:02 pm »
oic...well I'm kinda new to forumns except the ones on yahoo...like the personality type ones..like intp.....but haven't been there for awhile

thanks for the info....I could see that this was kinda standard from what I've seen on some of the others people have started and notified us on the board...I kinda like the fact that it is only one board and not like this...other things I like about it are many but the part of it being one board and not partitioned is for most people it seems a negative point of the board.

Zebrakorn

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 02:27:03 pm »
lol .. had to read that a few times ;o)

Yeah. Well these things tend to vary depending on what's needed. Most boards tend to have seperate categories which can each be posted to which can be good for splitting up different types of posts.

This is what I did with the one I wrote, but it was appropriate to the website. I think considering people use the vcbb as more of a chat room, then yeah .. it's better off as a straight forward list of topics. It keeps things more simple and easy to follow .. only one list to refresh :o)

-- Matt

tylor2000

• View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2002, 03:49:19 pm »
ok posted this thread:

still having trouble posting here........

tylor2000

• View Profile
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 08:22:14 am »
started 7.10% thread......

emmy

• ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
new topic e-mail thread
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2002, 10:02:00 am »
Quote from: "Zebrakorn"
lol .. had to read that a few times ;o)

I've read everything a whole lot of times, and still don't understand.  ::falls asleep::

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES