Author Topic: SF shows  (Read 22854 times)

skaitedge

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - skaitedge
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skateedgex
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - alextran83
    • View Profile
SF shows
« on: November 10, 2002, 02:51:09 pm »
I was just at the Slim's SF show last night and was blown away by how good Vanessa and her crew was.  The drummer has a very enthusiastic style!  I love how they controlled the mood so well, especially how Vanessa could flip the switch and change the tone and the expression of her mood for the audience and her music in a matter of seconds.  I can't get enough of her!  I know that a lot of you nessaholics out there can relate  :) .  I wish that I could go to the other Cali shows, but unfortunately, I have work.  I'm just sitting here listening to her wishing that I was still at the show or at least that I could go tonight.  Oh well, I guess one can't always get his or her fix at command.  I wonder how many of you are actually feeling the same way after her show.  She just puts on one of those performances that makes you crave more, doesn't she?

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
SF shows
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 11:32:34 pm »
I was at the Slim's show too, but the show the next night at the Great American Music Hall was even better.  I was totally blown away.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
SF shows
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 07:56:19 am »
yep I went to the Sunday one in SF and it was awesome. I went to both of those in SF.

joann

NEED MORE INFO
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 08:12:08 am »
I am going through withdrawal, the shakes are getting pretty BAAAAAAAAD. Anyone got some stuff.........................please................

skaitedge

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - skaitedge
    • AOL Instant Messenger - skateedgex
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - alextran83
    • View Profile
SF shows
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 08:15:14 am »
I think that's really cool that both of you had a good time.  I'm so envious that I missed the second show for work.  Someone has to tell me why it was so much better.  That's awesome that she didn't leave SF without putting on an even more amazing show.  Fill me in!  -Alex

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
SF shows
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2002, 08:17:15 am »
She was so right on.  Her vocals, the piano playing, the band.  Everything just flowed.  She had so much energy and she was in such a good mood.  It was incredible.

joann

Thanks Trish!
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2002, 08:19:39 am »
That should get me through the next 20 minutes!

:roll:

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
SF shows
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2002, 08:30:10 am »
LMAO  I got a pick on Sunday night and a set list on Saturday.

She was seriously just so good.  I got chills during "Twilight".  She cracked me up during "Wanted".  "C'est La Vie" and "Papa" are just so mad chill.  We were still the only people singing during "Swindler".  I've always loved "Rinse".  It was great to see her dance around during "Sway" and "Paint It Black".  Make me high on lullabies baby!  "A Thousand Miles" always gets the love, so does "Ordinary Day".  "Pretty Baby" is so awesome.  Joe gets a big smile duirng "Prince".  Everyone rocks out during "Unsung".  And wow for "She Floats".

joann

SF shows
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2002, 08:37:52 am »
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

now that's the good stuff........

Wonkies

• Ex-Mod
  • You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - W0nkies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.neverbrokenmusic.com
Woohoo!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2002, 09:55:34 am »
Yeah, out of the 6.01* VC shows I've been to, Sunday night's in SF was the best yet.  There was just some vibe at that show that left me, and it seemed everyone else, in awe of Vanessa and the band.  It was amazing!  It was really awesome to meet Trish, Tylor, Danny, Ryan, and Olivia too.  We had too much fun!  It's great to see that you made it home safely, Tylor!

Joe

*.01 was the Greek Theatre show in L.A when I got there late and saw the end of Prince.   :(

http://www.neverbrokenmusic.com
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." -Homer Simpson

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
SF shows
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2002, 10:07:44 am »
SHELLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Wonkies

• Ex-Mod
  • You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
SF shows
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2002, 10:13:28 am »
WILBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." -Homer Simpson

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
SF shows
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2002, 10:19:49 am »
I miss you guys!  How was last night's show?  nikkee called me during "Twilight".  *sends much love to nikkee*

Wonkies

• Ex-Mod
  • You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
SF shows
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2002, 10:27:58 am »
Last night's show was great!  There were so many NESSAholics there, it was awesome!  We got a group picture too, so I'll be posting is as soon as Steve sends me the pic.  Like I said, the show was great, but still not as good as Sunday night's show.  Just WTF was it about that show that was so amazing?   I'm just glad I was there.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
SF shows
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2002, 01:10:14 am »
hmmm....what made that show so awesome.....the sunday one.....

maybe it was some improvisation...or maybe the acoustics of the building...I'm not sure but it was awesome for sure......also what they said above I guess...

tylor