Poll

Are you tired of everyone copying Christina?

Yes
1 (33.3%)
No
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 28, 2003, 02:06:30 pm

Author Topic: Are you getting sick of...  (Read 5776 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Are you getting sick of...
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2003, 03:35:46 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"

Amen. If only people would let music sell music :( No sex, no image and no trends! It's actually depressing these days.

Tell me about it...I mean I miss the Mandy Moore days and the Aerosmith/Armageddon days, and when singers stayed singers and not actors. It really does depress me as well. *sighs*

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2003, 05:15:06 pm »
Quote from: "Me&myPiano"

Amen. If only people would let music sell music :( No sex, no image and no trends! It's actually depressing these days.

Tell me about it...I mean I miss the Mandy Moore days and the Aerosmith/Armageddon days, and when singers stayed singers and not actors. It really does depress me as well. *sighs*

Armageddon? Who are they?

There was an underground christian metal band called Armageddon who only released one CD back in 1989, but I'm guessing you don't mean them ;)

-Kev

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2003, 05:20:56 pm »
Erm... I just realised that you were probably refering to the movie argmageddon. Doh.

-Kev :?

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2003, 05:26:42 pm »
Erm... I just realised that you were probably refering to the movie argmageddon. Doh.

-Kev :?

Hahaha, yeah I was. That movie was so sad  :(

lmao, I just remembered something else that was popular as hell back then. You guys remember the "im a barbie girl, in a barbie world, life in plastic, it's fantastic..." song by Aqua? remember them? lol that was like the most popular song when it was out, it was so funny. I remember everyone used to make up silly dances to that song  :lol:

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2003, 05:33:44 pm »
lmao, I just remembered something else that was popular as hell back then. You guys remember the "im a barbie girl, in a barbie world, life in plastic, it's fantastic..." song by Aqua? remember them? lol that was like the most popular song when it was out, it was so funny. I remember everyone used to make up silly dances to that song  :lol:

Hah yeah I remember that song. I think it got to number 1 here (as all gimmick songs do).

-Kev

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2003, 06:09:55 pm »
If only people would let music sell music :( No sex, no image and no trends! It's actually depressing these days.

-Kev

If only sex did sell music.  Could you imagine trying to walk into tower records?  eeee....some of those chicks are kinda cute who work the cash registers :oops:  :roll:

tylor

notagirl

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2003, 12:08:42 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
The skin thing is getting so old, like we have to suffer Holly Valance here aswell- with wonderfully titled songs such as 'down boy', 'kiss kiss' and 'naughty girl'. I have only seen her sing live once, and that songs consisted on 3 notes which she managed to sing out of tune.

It just really pisses me off that they think its appropriate to sell music like that, and like TATU with lesbianism. I have no problem with lesbians at all but do not use it as a means to sell music. And Avril Lavigne is a marketing facade aswell, and i hate it!
I remember when videos use to have meaning; had a story to tell. Now all you have to do is put a bunch of girls in bikinis or less, have them dance around and you get a hit song. Unfortuately the formula works so it's going to continue.
Brunettes Rule!   MMV
CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!
Cards4Life

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2003, 01:28:33 pm »

Eep! Me too =\
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2003, 05:51:12 pm »
no, i dont think they're copying any certain person, including xtina...
but it is kinda getting old that theyre all turning slutty. Jewel was a major dissapointment!! i miss the old jewel! she had something special and now she's just like everyone else
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"