Author Topic: Something fishy going on...  (Read 3806 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Something fishy going on...
« on: October 19, 2003, 07:25:18 am »
Okay, Something veeery strange seems to be going on. With this whole American Idol/Pop Idol thing going on, it has proved to me even more what a corrupt industry the music business is.

Clay has a song called 'Invisible', am i right? Well how very strange that a band here called 'D-Side' sing the exact same song. They must know forewell that Clay will never try and break England with that song, so they use it for two artists.

Ruben sings a song called 'Flying Without Wings', am i right? Well that song was first sung by a boy band called Westlife here, that never really made it big in America.

Straaange, no? Its not even like Clay's song is a cover, because D-side only released it about 2 months ago! Ooooh its all very weird.

What does everyone else think about this recycling of songs!?
"I'm all about the wordplay."

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 07:34:55 am »
I think it bites.

Especially when it's done by lame asses. ;)
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 07:46:46 am »
Quote from: "DixieChck615"
I think it bites.

Especially when it's done by lame asses. ;)

hahahahahaha yeah

that sucks.

All those ppl are lame,@sshles that think thgey are the best

LimeTwister

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 08:58:41 am »
what do i think?

just listen to the one you like better...who ever wrote those songs are swimming in a pool of money (or should be) so if you like one person singing that song listen to them...if not, well be like me and don't buy it  :lol:

But yea, I guess the easier to make more money the better? The Music industry has picked up that idea and ran with it.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Re: Something fishy going on...
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 10:13:12 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Okay, Something veeery strange seems to be going on. With this whole American Idol/Pop Idol thing going on, it has proved to me even more what a corrupt industry the music business is.

I hate american idol. I wish they would all go away!

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 11:35:44 am »

Clay has a song called 'Invisible', am i right? Well how very strange that a band here called 'D-Side' sing the exact same song. They must know forewell that Clay will never try and break England with that song, so they use it for two artists.

Ruben sings a song called 'Flying Without Wings', am i right? Well that song was first sung by a boy band called Westlife here, that never really made it big in America.

Straaange, no? Its not even like Clay's song is a cover, because D-side only released it about 2 months ago! Ooooh its all very weird.

What does everyone else think about this recycling of songs!?

Yep that's fukked. It's odd how things work and most never notice or even raise an eyebrow. I had no clue of this info but someone did. Makes ya think huh....?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Lucy-san

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 12:29:47 pm »
I love Kelly!

and to that I will adhere permanently.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2003, 02:04:17 pm »

well i know with "Flying without Wings" he sung that as a cover at the end of the show (all the songs they sung during the actual show are covers). and like they did with Clay's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" they decided to release them as singles for awhile, but i dont think they ever tried to say that that was Rubens single. then Clay came out with This Is The Night and Invisible as his own (but whoa, i guess Invisible isnt). and i guess since Ruben hasnt released anything else yet, they're still playing his cover from the show. (isnt it funny that the winner of AI's career is going slower than the runner up?). i love westlife and i love that song!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Lucy-san

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2003, 09:25:42 pm »
are all of kellys songs her own? I can see that a moment like this and or before your love aren't but I'm pretty sure all her album songs are originals.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 07:28:29 am »
Rosie Rant

Good snoop Rosie.  I agree, it's contrived BS.

I always find it fairly offensive when a singer can't write his/her own music.  They cease to be an artist and simply become a performer.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 10:47:03 am »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"
(isnt it funny that the winner of AI's career is going slower than the runner up?).

Thats exactly what happened here, the winner here can barely be noticed under all of the Gareth Gates rubbish (the runner up). Oh what a suprise that it happened in both countries...
"I'm all about the wordplay."