Author Topic: funny, weird, or just plain freaky  (Read 8113 times)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
funny, weird, or just plain freaky
« on: October 22, 2003, 07:31:50 am »
I have a fascination with strange websites.  I could sit for hours reading stories about "what people saw" such as ghosts or weird creatures etc.  Anyways if anyone is interested in some spooky or silly stuff i think the best site i have found is http://www.weirdnj.com .  Its all about New Jersey, which most of us know is a weird place already  :wink: .  The stories about closed off mental hospitals always excite me, mainly because i know a few in the Boston area which can be quite interesting at night.  If anyone knows and weird sites for other states or any other interesting websites to help retain consciousness in the hours of boredom we all surely suffer from daily i want them!!   Do you know any weird places near you? and personal stories would be cool to hear too, like ghost stories, places you have been, etc.  This thread will probably just fall off, but you dont have me fooled, i know weird and freaky things captivate you all  :razz:
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 07:43:15 am »
hahah I don't need to look! Like you said we all know NJ is weird. LOL  ARMPIT OF AMERICAAAAAAAA
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2003, 07:50:45 am »
oh come on!  You know you want to read about wavin willy  :razz:
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 07:53:57 am »
haha umm not at the moment.

Layla

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 08:06:17 am »
my friends (and maybe me) wanna do a sponsered overnight stay in a haunted house  :D i'm such i wimp tho, i'd probably end up cryin before the end

I feel like a shadow
Walking behind who you think I am
Just like my shadow

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 08:18:14 am »
ahh nicole, you are far too normal  :razz:

layla, try spending a night in a mental hospital....even unhaunted they are scary as hell

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 08:38:40 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
ahh nicole, you are far too normal  :razz:

nah am not!

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 08:58:02 am »
Its ok, being normal isnt so bad, no need to deny

VanessaLover03

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GodMustHateMe003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2003, 07:16:42 pm »
lol...well theres an old "haunted" barn across my street...that count?
A Very Proud NESSAholic and NESSAjedi PadVan,
Alex

NESSAholics forever!!!!

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2003, 08:07:59 pm »
Abandoned mental institutions are fun.

There's oneeee out on the island, Kings Park Psychiatric Center..We gooo there often..

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 05:07:36 am »
vanessalover, that counts if anything weird or scary has happened to you there....did you see a ghost?

srx....have you seen any old patient files or pictures laying around?  Is there a basement?  Those are usually fun, you should take pictures next time you are in there.   The one i used to go to, i could never get in this one room upstairs out of fear, every time we got near it we would start hearing crazy noises like windows slamming and footsteps, We never ever got near that room, i still wonder today, havent been there in years and my friend who knew how to get to it is away at college.  

i have another question for you...does badsrx stand for anything? (its probably a band i never heard of)  just curious

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 06:29:47 am »
Ok ok ok. STORY TIME PETE!!!!!

When I was little I used to have these things my family dubbed as "Imaginations". They were like day dreams. Wide awake and I'd see something and FREAK OUT.

The main one I can remember:

We lived at my grampas house and I had my own room. I was sitting on the bed, and the next thing I know there is this man figure. He's transparentish... kinda foggy and gray-like, but still transparent. Almost like a thin cloud. I watched in horror as he slowly walked across the other end of the room with this gun in his hand (also clould-like). Then when he reached the end of my bed, he quickly spun on his heels and pointed the gun at my head. I started screaming bloody murder and thats all I can remember.

Melissa remembers it too, the incident that is. She didn't see him. But yeah, she remembers hearing me screaming and then my whole family getting up and running to my bedroom. I guess she remembers saying "MALLORY'S HAVING ANOTHER IMAGINATION!!!"

Totally freaky and I hate even thinking about it. His figure was lanky and long...

My parents wouldn't let me watch PG-13 movies until I was at least 13 because I'd still freak out from even the slightest scary things. I don't remember having many more imaginations around that age, but I could really give myself a scare. I still can do that.

This house freaks me out sometimes. One night I was sitting in this room (now the office but used to be my bedroom) and I had my dog Bean (bigger dog) by the edge of my bed and I was reading the Beverly Clearly book "Ribsy" to her. (I know I'm a dork. LOL!) Well anyways, Bean had fallen asleep so I just read to myself. A few minutes later I hear these three knocks on my window. There are two windows in this room. One which was at the end of my bed (which is on the side of the house), and one of the left of my bed (which is on the front of the house). No one could have knocked on those windows! This is the second floor, there are no trees or branches or anything. And I dunno how someone would be able to get up on the roof because its so high. (With a ladder duh, but this wasn't the case.) Well I freeze because thats just what happens when I am terrified. Then I hear it again. Its night time so I can't see a THING out my windows and I just can imagine whats looking in at me, which scares me even more.... Well the dog doesn't hear it, clear as it was, so after I get some guts I quickly walk out my room and stand in my parents door way and ask them if they were just knocking on the wall. They told me no and I told them that something was knocking on my window.... They told me I was crazy. I had my mom come in my room and sit on my bed to hear it... She sat there for 15 minutes I bet and NO KNOCK.

Not too long ago, the lights flashed on and back off again in this room too. I was just sitting here on the computer and POP! on and back off. The dogs saw it and started walkin' around. And it couldn't have been from the switch because I didn't hear it snap up and back down; the switch is tight to move.

Upstairs in my other room (which is the attic) I hear stuff rustling around in the walls all the time. At night when I sleep up there I'm always freaked out because it gets so pitch black and then my closed door will start creaking open. And I'm sure some of you saw my closet door, which isn't very comforting if ya ask me!

I swear something out to get me......

Okay enough of this uber long post.

-Ms.Redd

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 06:43:34 am »
Quote from: "weirdnj"
I look up in the sky and see the biggest, scariest bird-like creature gliding across the pond, silent with glaring eyes. It looked like it had fur rather that feathers and it's wingspan was about 20 feet. I beat a hasty retreat, nearly pissing my pants and tripping over my own feet. No one would believe my story and, to this day, I have not heard or read anything else about this creature.

Whoa.  8O

When I was little I remember being in the back seat of our car. I turned around to look at some bird flying in the sky and I saw this HUGE bird which looked almost like an overgrown eagle. It was flying over the regular birds, almost as if it was protecting them from something. I remember saying something to my parents years later about some big bird that was gigantic in the sky. They told me I probably just dreamt it up. *shrug* I just figure they're right and it was a dream that I just felt was so real that I actually thought it was.

But reading that almost makes me wonder!
:?

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 07:00:55 am »
Quote from: "wnj"
"THE WHITE LADY LEGEND"

Hmmm.... Melissa remembers seeing a lady with a gown (long nightgown I think) with long white hair (I think she also said it was wavy or curly) that was sleeping on our couch. She got up to get a "midnight snack" by herself (usually we'd wake each other up) she just snuck past her because Melis thought it was my gramma. And she wanted a snack so she wasn't going to wake her up and get caught! The next morning Melis asked where Gramma was and my mom thought she had a dream but I believe Melissa!

I know what its like to see people just "there".

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 07:22:25 am »
thats really scary!!  Im glad to see you are interested in that site as i am though hahaha.  Ive never seen anything ghostlike, ive only heard weird things.  Cept one time i guess you could consider.  My brothers team played at a recreation center in my town.  There was three baseball fields and a big building behind them that used to be used for recreational indoor stuff (im not really sure what exactly they did).  However there were plenty of stories about bums who would take up in there for the night and be found dead at some point later, and the ghost had a name, but i cant remember, Anyways supposedly the rec center building was shut down and some years later a few bums got into a fight, and one killed the other with a cheesy pocket knife, so i guess you would see some sort of rendition of this guy chasing you with a knife.  Well anyways being the fearless little punks we were, we went up there one day to explore.  The place was weird, we had to break some panels off the door witha hammer to get in there, then the inside was completely smashed up, until you got up to the second floor.  The second floor seemed like it was just waiting for another indoor soccer game to come along, we tried to hit the lights but power was cut so we only has a small amount of light coming from one window at the end.  So we all felt pretty safe up there and were kinda looking around at things when one of my friends jared yells "holy **** get out of here".  Next thing i know he is jumping out the window on the second floor! So i look around and from the center of the room at the high point in the ceiling, I see little white lights falling slowly to the floor and sitting there.  They were somewhat metallic looking, yet fell as if they were feathers, i must have looked for about 5 seconds out of shock before i bolted down there stairs.....jared ended up spraining his ankle from the jump, and my brother and i were just shooken up....Needless to say we never went back in there.