Author Topic: thought this was cool, it made me smile  (Read 1096 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
thought this was cool, it made me smile
« on: October 27, 2003, 09:31:30 pm »
I miss being little, back when I could watch cartoons all morning with a big bowl of sugar, with some cereal sprinkled on top. If I did that now, I'd be Tweak.

I miss not caring that I had more sand in my shorts than was left in the sandbox when I was done playing.

I miss my greatest addiction being costume jewelry, and yes, the New Kids on the Block. Now...if coffee left track marks, I'd never get a job.

I miss life before everything got so complicated, with sex, thongs and rock n' roll. Back when we played house (boys got dragged into it, with the promise that they could be the daddy...but instead got to be the dog. That's how it worked.) We all wanted a baby, until we got older. Now it's scary as hell.

I miss the time when flirting was inconcievable, when you knew that if you smacked a boy on the arm you liked him, and if he jammed crayons up his nose and pretended to be a walrus to make you laugh, he liked you too.

I miss the times when all that had to happen for it to be a good day was that my mom let me scratch off a lottery ticket, whether I won anything or not it was still fun. Now I understand that the likelihood of me winning the lottery is right up there with having a picture taken with Bigfoot and Nessie while being struck by lightning.

I miss the thrill of cheap candy, like a box of Nerds. Now I *am* one.

Not being 5 anymore does have it's advantages, though. I'm not longer such a klutz, back then if I were lost my parents would have put me on a Band-aid box instead of a milk carton. I was the Band-aid poster child. I have the scars to prove it.

I can use big words now and actually understand them (a certain President hasn't reached that particular milestone yet.)

I can drink. Coffee, of course ;)

I'm old enough to swear and know all the good ones. And maybe not even get in trouble for it.

Things got all complicated somehow, I'm not sure how, but I suspect it began the day I was born.

But I still think I'd like a guy that would jam crayons up his nose for me.

i "borrowed" this from my friend Diana, thanks Dee!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach