Author Topic: USC football!  (Read 12798 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
USC football!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2003, 05:00:57 pm »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
USC can get no love, LOL. They are #1 in both polls but are going to finish #3 in the BCS so they get no shot at the national title ... kinda sucks.

BCS Rankings

I've read that if Notre Dame would have beaten Syracuse or Hawaii had beaten Boise St. that USC would have won.

A shame that four teams that no one cares about have such an impact on the national championship...

Yeah, because Syracuse won that screwed ND's value as an opponent for USC ... and I dont know how in the hell Boise State and Hawaii figured into things, but it is true that Boise State also helped LSU in the computers.

The death nell was the fact Oklahoma fell to #3 in both polls because USC needed the extra point.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
USC football!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2003, 05:20:04 pm »
USC can get no love, LOL. They are #1 in both polls but are going to finish #3 in the BCS so they get no shot at the national title ... kinda sucks.

BCS Rankings

I've read that if Notre Dame would have beaten Syracuse or Hawaii had beaten Boise St. that USC would have won.

A shame that four teams that no one cares about have such an impact on the national championship...

Yeah, because Syracuse won that screwed ND's value as an opponent for USC ... and I dont know how in the hell Boise State and Hawaii figured into things, but it is true that Boise State also helped LSU in the computers.

The death nell was the fact Oklahoma fell to #3 in both polls because USC needed the extra point.

USC defeated Hawaii early in the season.  Hawaii's loss hurt USC's SOS once again.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
USC football!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2003, 05:42:08 pm »

BCS Rankings

USC defeated Hawaii early in the season.  Hawaii's loss hurt USC's SOS once again.

Ah. I hate SOS.

I had an idea though about the BCS...

It would be kind of cool to bring back margin of victory but have it balance with SOS. So if you have a bad schedule stregnth, but you blow people out like you should, it shouldn't hurt you. However, if you have a tough schedule but only win all of your games by 3 points, it shouldn't hurt you either unless someone with a similar schedule stregnth outperformed you.... I dunno, just an idea.

It would be like a combined rating SOS - MOV = SOS/MOV rating, which I think would be a little more fair than just going on SOS, since it would benefit everyone.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
USC football!
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2003, 06:13:17 pm »

BCS Rankings

Ah. I hate SOS.

It would be kind of cool to bring back margin of victory but have it balance with SOS. So if you have a bad schedule stregnth, but you blow people out like you should, it shouldn't hurt you. However, if you have a tough schedule but only win all of your games by 3 points, it shouldn't hurt you either unless someone with a similar schedule stregnth outperformed you.... I dunno, just an idea.

It would be like a combined rating SOS - MOV = SOS/MOV rating, which I think would be a little more fair than just going on SOS, since it would benefit everyone.

Unless I'm mistaken, most of the computers that used MOV in their rankings back before it was taken out used that kind of system.

I've got another good idea about the BCS.  Throw it out the freakin' window.

Have a playoff.  Every single sport the NCAA offers--including football in I-AA, DII, & DIII--carries a playoff.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
USC football!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2003, 06:17:47 pm »

BCS Rankings

Ah. I hate SOS.

Unless I'm mistaken, most of the computers that used MOV in their rankings back before it was taken out used that kind of system.

I've got another good idea about the BCS.  Throw it out the freakin' window.

Have a playoff.  Every single sport the NCAA offers--including football in I-AA, DII, & DIII--carries a playoff.

Yeah, but you know people would whine and cry about a playoff too  :roll:. It would be cool though.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2003, 10:01:44 pm »
i just have to reply to this from the other thread that was locked... lol

Quote from: "Steveau"
woohoo. Great job Syracuse and Boise State for knocking SC outta the Sugar Bowl. Go LSU! Remember Trojan fans, there's no crying in football! LMFAO

lol, Steve, no rubbing it in our faces. Have you looked at the bruins? theyre not even in the top 25! lol. sorry, but your football team sucks. (sorry, lol, luv ya, but i couldnt resist).
USC is the #1 in the AP poll and the coaches poll. about the BCS poll... get rid of the C in it... and that sums it up right there! about 3/4's of people think that USC deserves to be in the sugar bowl more than LSU and Oklahoma! the whole bowl system is messed up this year and the results wont mean much.
but i guess on the bright side the rose bowl is literally 5 minutes from my house (i see it everyday) and it'll be easy to go to the game.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 01:13:55 pm »
The Trojans are going for the national championship for the third year in a row!  :D
So far... 2 for 2!

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 02:54:49 pm »
Sorry Venti, it ain't happening.  :lol:

UCLA actually has a decent team this year. We're in the top 25 now!  :dances:

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 04:13:04 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Sorry Venti, it ain't happening.  :lol:

UCLA actually has a decent team this year. We're in the top 25 now!  :dances:

We'll see.... haha
Top 25? wow! (not)

I'm going to the SC games against Cal and Arizona! soooo excited!

James Bond 007

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
However
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2005, 02:41:16 pm »
They haven't even started Pac 10 play yet. There are some tough teams in the conference, like California and Oregon who will give them some trouble.

the name is Bond, James Bond

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Re: However
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 03:21:15 pm »
Quote from: "James Bond 007"
They haven't even started Pac 10 play yet. There are some tough teams in the conference, like California and Oregon who will give them some trouble.

Well they kicked Oregon's ass! Arizona State wasn't the best game, but still... they're 4 for 4! I'm going to the next game (Arizona) and Cal!

Sept. 3, 2005------Hawaii------------W 63-17
Sept.17, 2005-----Arkansas---------W 70-17
Sept. 24, 2005----Oregon------------W 45-13
Oct. 1, 2005-------Arizona State----W 38-28

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2005, 12:46:38 pm »
Arizona State gave them that game. I don't think they should be ranked #1 after stinking up the joint last week. They're not going to get away with only playing half a game much longer.

James Bond 007

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
However
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2005, 12:14:07 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
Quote from: "James Bond 007"

Well they kicked Oregon's ass! Arizona State wasn't the best game, but still... they're 4 for 4! I'm going to the next game (Arizona) and Cal!

Sept. 3, 2005------Hawaii------------W 63-17
Sept.17, 2005-----Arkansas---------W 70-17
Sept. 24, 2005----Oregon------------W 45-13
Oct. 1, 2005-------Arizona State----W 38-28

True. However in my post, they had yet to start the Pac 10. Give them credit for they're playing well. The ASU game was pretty good but Cal might be their toughest test yet.

the name is Bond, James Bond

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 10:37:36 am »
in the last 27 games, they haven't lost!
and they're going to beat the irish today!

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
USC football!
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2005, 05:06:37 pm »
That was a bad call. Leinart fumbled and the ball went out on the 3 yard line yet they give them the ball on the 1 foot line.