Author Topic: Official Vanessa Pictures Thread  (Read 671849 times)

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re: Official Vanessa Pictures Thread
« Reply #2865 on: February 04, 2011, 11:41:47 am »
Oh well I though it was. Oopsie

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2866 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:00 am »
It's okay - I did too, aha.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:38 am »
Do you know if there are any snapshots from her session?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2868 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:54 am »
Not as far as I know, no.

But I've emailed the lady saying I think she's wrong about that picture being from V's shoot and if she knows if/when they'll be posting the pics from her shoot, soooo we're just waiting for her reply.

I wonder if V's doing a 'Pleased to Meet You' type thing for this album? That would be so awesome.

pswik91

• View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: February 04, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
I think that would make the album so much more personal, just like how Harmonium was. One can only hope.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2870 on: February 05, 2011, 01:08:55 am »

Not a super new photo, came of here: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/toplists/simple_pleasures_new_york_stars_favorites/simple_pleasures_new_york_stars_favorites.html   (6/12)

On her last album, Carlton even mentioned it in a song, "Nolita Fairytale."

A long walk is something I do not only for peace of mind but for my writing as well. It's inspirational. I walk across town from where I live in Nolita on the lower East Side to the Hudson River. I have this pathway I've carved out for myself that allows me to avoid people and cars, to avoid the urban chaos. When we get to the river I can imagine that, in certain places, we're in Newport, R.I. In other places, it seems like we're in Paris. When I sit on a park bench over in Battery Park City it looks like a fantastic postcard. It's a precious view to me, and one of the reasons I wanted to move to New York in the first place.

I always take my walks with my 14-pound, long-haired dachshund, Lord Victor. He's a wizard dog, like a little man in a dog suit. I gave him his name because there's something very regal about him. He seems English, like he should have an ascot and a pipe, like the lord of the manor. Yet, at the same time he's very humble and I want to keep him that way, so I don't share with him that he has a title. I don't want it to go to his head.

Our walks have helped me come out of my shell. I feel more maternal with him, which is the first step.

I got Victor when I was touring with Stevie Nicks for a few years. She has been a real mentor to me. She knew I was sick of being an island on tour and I saw her little support system of puppies. She had two Yorkshire terriers. She told me, "Dogs are like people." She said to get one would be a gift to myself. "It will change your life," she said.

The walk we take, which lasts over an hour, is actually more like a march. It's fast and with purpose. I got a lot of the ideas for my new album from these marathon walks. I always take notes during them.

Victor seems to love the walks as much as I do. When we're out, he'll find the only stick in the area around my apartment and keep it with him the entire time. To see him with this massive stick in his mouth looks hysterical. Together, we make a motley crew.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/toplists/simple_pleasures_new_york_stars_favorites/simple_pleasures_new_york_stars_favorites.html#ixzz1D4da3xMy

I also really really hope there is a Pleased2MeetU bonus disk, but that photo from the back did fool me into thinking it was V

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: February 05, 2011, 03:19:51 am »
Wow, that's very nice to know. I think V and I have a common denominator.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2872 on: February 05, 2011, 04:12:31 am »
Wow, that's very nice to know. I think V and I have a common denominator.

I think that's what's so great about her.  I too feel a common denominator with her, not in this area, but others.  Love the photo and article, thanks!
~Sara~

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: February 05, 2011, 06:14:23 am »

Here's the Icon CD:

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

LauraH

• View Profile
The song may be over, but the music never ends.