Author Topic: Yum yum  (Read 9031 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Yum yum
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2003, 12:30:27 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
we have something somewhat similar to bread and sauce - it's called a bread boat, and it is one of the best inventions EVER. It's a hallowed out loaf of rye bread, with ranch dressing in the middle. you take the hallowed out bread, break it up, and dip it in the dressing. hmmmmmmmfriggenhmmmmmmm  :D

EDIT: i forgot French Fries with gravy. Do not even think that it is disgusting, because it is not! it's yummerful!

ok rye bread is gross i know i am jewish and i should love it but -- YUCK -

i do however love poutine --- yum yum (it's a quebec thing) poutine is french fries with cheese curds and thin (turkey i think) gravy on top - the cheese gets all melty its delicious!!!! yum yum yum!!! (cheese curds are kinda like cottage cheese without the liquid around it...just the little yummy pieces of cheese) - in montreal and quebec city (canada) they serve it everywhere (from 5 star resturants to mcdonalds) YUM YUM YUM!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Yum yum
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2003, 01:06:32 pm »
Cheese curds are the best!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2003, 06:45:56 pm »
cheese curds = total sock rockage man.

i had poutine when i was in old quebec when i was 12, so i don't really remember what it tastes like :-P

Lucy-san

Yum yum
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2003, 07:00:46 pm »
theres a new quebec?  :?

poutine is nasty!....gravy = vomit

dont they have it at new york fries everywhere? it should definitely not be as widespread as it is.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2003, 07:18:49 pm »
lol, well if they have it in NYC, i still wouldn't have it that much since i live about 4 hours away:-P

And i think the Old Quebec just means....ummm.....i'm not sure :-P but my trip wasn't that great, most of montreal is nice, but they're not too fond of Americans in that particular place.

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
Yum yum
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2003, 01:43:56 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
Everytime I'm in Little Italy . . .

Well, every time I'M in Little Italy I - Nevermind, I've never BEEN to Little Italy.

I hate everyone.

Lucy-san

Yum yum
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2003, 06:19:51 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
but my trip wasn't that great, most of montreal is nice, but they're not too fond of Americans in that particular place.

aww thats too bad...I think theyre just defensive because they're a minority maybe?...I dunno...I hope that doesnt reflect all of Canada's outlook  :x

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2003, 08:21:22 pm »
lol, no, it doesn't! i think it's just because most of the people we encountered were elderly and  didn't care for young Americans, but i've been to Montreal before and everyone was really nice to us.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2003, 06:56:58 am »
i am guessing when she says "old quebec" she means quebec city....

people in montreal are super nice to everyone people in quebec city have a reputation for being nasty - however they were nice to us - they dont speak too much english - not like in montreal - but when i tried to speak french they tried to help me...

xoxo

POUTINE is not sold in the US - they dont really even sell curds....
:(

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2003, 02:59:20 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i am guessing when she says "old quebec" she means quebec city....

people in montreal are super nice to everyone people in quebec city have a reputation for being nasty - however they were nice to us - they dont speak too much english - not like in montreal - but when i tried to speak french they tried to help me...

xoxo

POUTINE is not sold in the US - they dont really even sell curds....

yeah, my teacher in 7th grade called it Old Quebec, that's how i'm used to saying it. it wasn't that they were horrible, they just weren't nice, and if we did try to say something in french they would get really offended that we said it wrong. oh well.....ooooh they sell cheese curds at Tops.  :D

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2003, 06:44:52 am »
we do not have a "tops" here in the south....

they dont even sell curds at the farmers market....

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Yum yum
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2003, 01:45:15 pm »
what?!?! there's no Tops in the south?!?! tsk tsk, what is this world coming to? lol, tops is an awesome grocery store, with every kind of food created.

I forgot to add quesadillias. i heart them sooo much :-P chicken quesadillias are the best.