Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 56064 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2004, 06:12:40 am »
eh.....she's kinna too dramatic in her performances.....

and why the hell does she have to add, "Yeah, Yeah Yeah" to the end of every friggen song.....that got old and annoying the second she started......

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2004, 07:52:50 am »
Quote from: "Holly"
I think she's the best american idol winner ever!  :D

Tssk, tsssk, what about Kelly??  :wink:
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2004, 02:02:02 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"

I gotta agree with Ghis. Kelly can sing circles around Fantasia and Diana. I voted for Diana 10 times. I hate Fantasia because all she does is sing yeah yeah yeah.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2004, 03:36:25 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "Ghisy"

I gotta agree with Ghis. Kelly can sing circles around Fantasia and Diana. I voted for Diana 10 times. I hate Fantasia because all she does is sing yeah yeah yeah.

I still think Fantasia is the best!
Kelly is awesome... just I like Fantasia more!
I never even noticed the "yeah, yeah, yeah's" lol, i guess i dont get annoyed easily!
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
American Idol
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2004, 04:44:10 pm »
I actually ended up watching and I am glad. I didn't care for the top 12's medly, it was horrible cheese!!

I really liked when Kelly, Diana, Fantasia and Ruben all sang together.

I like Diana but felt that Fantasia was the better singer. Like Holly I too never noticed the yeahs. She does have a different voice and everyone has their own opinions but she, like all the judges say is different. She is not as BV says, another wad of dough spewed out into the cookie cutter.

I think the thing I like most about her along with Vanessa is you can see her emotion in her songs.

I think they will all be fine AI or not.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2004, 05:03:08 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"

I think the thing I like most about her along with Vanessa is you can see her emotion in her songs.

i agree with both statements! like when Fantasia sings summertime and that one she dedicated to her daughter.....everything she's feeling just comes out!

and it's pretty obvious that diana will get a contract too, since a looooot of others have gotten contracts

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2004, 05:25:01 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"

i agree with both statements! like when Fantasia sings summertime and that one she dedicated to her daughter.....everything she's feeling just comes out!

The thing I like most in artists is when they give out a lot of emotion and they're really feeling what they're singing cause it makes the music seem more real! and therefore you feel it too... atleast that's the way i feel!
for example, it's one of the main reasons I love National Product, I can't emplain how powerful their concerts are because of the emotion that Danny exudes. it's awesome!
You can tell Fantasia has it, Vanessa has it, Adam from Maroon5 has it... but I just dont see it in Diana... she has a powerful voice though.

LimeTwister

American Idol
« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2004, 05:36:32 pm »
yes, i have noticed the more emotion you give the more the people like it.

if you can touch people, you can be seen as a better artist.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2004, 11:25:50 pm »

and it's pretty obvious that diana will get a contract too, since a looooot of others have gotten contracts

I didn't feel anything when she sang. I was to busy counting the yeah's. She always got the sympathy of the voters because she always cried at the drop of a hat. I think Diana will sell more records than Fantasia.

To compare Fantasia with Vanessa or put them in the same sentence is an insult to Vanessa. IMHO

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #354 on: May 29, 2004, 12:16:13 am »
I didn't feel anything when she sang. I was to busy counting the yeah's. She always got the sympathy of the voters because she always cried at the drop of a hat. I think Diana will sell more records than Fantasia.

To compare Fantasia with Vanessa or put them in the same sentence is an insult to Vanessa. IMHO

I really doubt Diana will out sell Fantasia! It was obvious it would happen with Ruben and Clay that the runner up would be more succesfull... cause Clay had something special just as Fantasia does too. Diana is a great singer but there is absolutely nothing unique about her... sure she has a great voice, but we already have a Xtina and a Kelly Clarkson who do the same thing but better.... There is no one like Fantasia out right now... so she'll sell more records.
And I put Nessa and Fantasia in the same sentence because they are both emotional singers. I didnt know calling Vanessa emotional was an insult... she feels what she sings, that's a good thing!

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2004, 07:01:39 am »

to each his own :-P i like both diana and fantasia, i would have been happy with either of them winning! i'm curious as to what kind of music diana is going to do, since i don't think she was that strong when she had to sing the gospel/r&b-type music for the finale...i really liked her when they did the big band one, i think those were her strongest performances

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #356 on: May 29, 2004, 03:16:39 pm »

I really doubt Diana will out sell Fantasia! It was obvious it would happen with Ruben and Clay that the runner up would be more succesfull... cause Clay had something special just as Fantasia does too. Diana is a great singer but there is absolutely nothing unique about her... sure she has a great voice, but we already have a Xtina and a Kelly Clarkson who do the same thing but better.... There is no one like Fantasia out right now... so she'll sell more records.
And I put Nessa and Fantasia in the same sentence because they are both emotional singers. I didnt know calling Vanessa emotional was an insult... she feels what she sings, that's a good thing!

I didn't say calling Vanessa emotional was an insult just that comparing Fantasia to her is because they aren't in the same league.

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #357 on: May 29, 2004, 04:18:58 pm »
I didn't say calling Vanessa emotional was an insult just that comparing Fantasia to her is because they aren't in the same league.

lol, i never said they're in the same league. i just said they're both emotional singers...  :roll:

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #358 on: May 31, 2004, 04:46:38 pm »
Dang this discussion is getting heated, lol

I think for once in AI they BOTH will do well. But for some reason I think Diana will SELL more & probably do more popish stuff but Fantasia will BE BETTER if that makes sense.

I personally love them both. I think that Diana is an excellent singer but Fantasia really connects with people.

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
American Idol
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2004, 09:10:27 pm »
Diana should try out for Australian Idol, haha I wish she would move here.