Author Topic: Harmonium(New Album Title) Release Date Moved to June...  (Read 21343 times)

Angelcorrine

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Harmonium(New Album Title) Release Date Moved to June...
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2003, 10:52:36 am »
I really doubt that the first single will be out in Janurary, seeing as how Vanessa said that she thinks she just wrote a new first single, so it would still have to be recorded and fiddled with and stuff.  I'm betting that the first singles won't be out til a lot closer to the actual release date.

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2003, 12:35:34 pm »
Quote from: "Angelcorrine"
I really doubt that the first single will be out in Janurary, seeing as how Vanessa said that she thinks she just wrote a new first single, so it would still have to be recorded and fiddled with and stuff.  I'm betting that the first singles won't be out til a lot closer to the actual release date.

Logical...but we can still hope...! :mrgreen:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

irice22

First Single
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2003, 04:29:03 pm »
I bet her first single will be released in early May of 2004.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Re: First Single
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2003, 04:33:17 pm »
Quote from: "irice22"

and i was hoping January. *sigh* oh well, at least it's coming. lol

Amanda

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2003, 04:36:29 pm »
Quote from: "Angelcorrine"

she might have already recorded it :?

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2003, 05:31:28 pm »
this may be a stupid question but, do artists give dates for when they're going to release singles? or do they just do that for albums

Amanda

LimeTwister

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2003, 05:48:39 pm »

she released atm lloooooooong before BnN came out.

jsbachsonata

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - jsbach_sonata@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jsbachsonata
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2003, 07:56:44 am »
there are some different pros and cons to releasing singles way before the album release compared to the pros and cons of releasing singles during or extremely near an album release. A lot of Japanese artists release 2 to 3 singles before the album release, and some British artists are currently following that trend as well. However, this isn't really happening in the US... The ATM single was kind of an exception (for the record company to see the results of the single first), and it turned out well :). Seeing that Nessa already has set such a good reputation with the label, I think the 1st single from her 2nd album will not be like ATM , but it will be released in close proximity with the album.

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Re: ...
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2003, 08:10:15 am »
Quote from: "jsbachsonata"
there are some different pros and cons to releasing singles way before the album release compared to the pros and cons of releasing singles during or extremely near an album release. A lot of Japanese artists release 2 to 3 singles before the album release, and some British artists are currently following that trend as well. However, this isn't really happening in the US... The ATM single was kind of an exception (for the record company to see the results of the single first), and it turned out well :). Seeing that Nessa already has set such a good reputation with the label, I think the 1st single from her 2nd album will not be like ATM , but it will be released in close proximity with the album.

yeah, probably

Amanda

irice22

« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2003, 09:40:36 am »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
this may be a stupid question but, do artists give dates for when they're going to release singles? or do they just do that for albums

Amanda

Yes they do! Their is an adds date which is a date where the record company reccomends radio stations to add the songs. Most radio stations add the song on the date (which is always on a Tuesday) but they can add it before or after if they can get a hold of it.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2003, 11:06:47 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

she released atm lloooooooong before BnN came out.

but didn't she release atm thinking that bnn would come out sooner? i remember the release date on bnn kept getting pushed back.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2003, 02:14:42 pm »

Here people usually release about 2 singles and then they release an album- people trust the music that way. However, sometimes they release the two singles that were made for release and all the album songs are crap fillers. *sigh* But yeah, i would agree in saying that she will probably release the single much closer to the album release.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2003, 03:02:33 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Here people usually release about 2 singles and then they release an album- people trust the music that way. However, sometimes they release the two singles that were made for release and all the album songs are crap fillers. *sigh* But yeah, i would agree in saying that she will probably release the single much closer to the album release.

Right there with ya, Rosie...
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2004, 04:50:36 pm »
Ok I have been thinking is there any volunteers that would be able to distibute the Harmonium cds to over-sea ppl like....me....but others as well :D I am willing and able to pay for the CD,P&P.

When it is released someone should create a thread for the spoilers cause I wanna hear it before I read it :wink: 8)

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2004, 05:10:22 pm »
im hoping for march or april for the release of White Houses.
i mean it IS a new song.. she needs lots of time to perfect it.
i just hope its out before may, cause thats too late :x
april would be cool cause its like my birthday month, and 2 months before Harmonium.. so ...2 months of 1 song to get popular and get people excited for Harmonium sounds good.. not too much time and not too small amount of time.