Author Topic: Cow Tipping  (Read 17014 times)

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2004, 10:22:27 am »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Someone didn't pay attention in class. In fact i believe in the picture he is indeed jumping over his imaginary fence...or not.

Hmmm. So its that great eh? I might have to hire it out now. I always deliberately avoided seeing it because I've never seen a Brittish film that I've really liked (well, at least not one that doesn't star Robert "The Legend" Carlyle).

-Kev

Oooh i love it, but in a very girly way- you're a LOTR boy- however it may bring a tear to your eye. Its GREAT.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2004, 10:22:52 am »
Someone didn't pay attention in class. In fact i believe in the picture he is indeed jumping over his imaginary fence...or not.

Hmmm. So its that great eh? I might have to hire it out now. I always deliberately avoided seeing it because I've never seen a Brittish film that I've really liked (well, at least not one that doesn't star Robert "The Legend" Carlyle).

-Kev

I go to his old school on a saturdays the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (RSAMD) for piano they have his picture up on the wall with a thank you and a signature Alan Cumming also went to that school.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2004, 10:30:56 am »
Colin Firth went to my school! My best friend bumped into him in Boots over christmas (she ADORES him) and was in total shock. She just pointed and went "Oh my fuckin' god its colin firth!" in the most stupid voice you can imagine.

Jack Dee came from my school, along with Wayne Bridge the famous footballer-oooh yeah. Right, back on topic!

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Cow Tipping
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2004, 10:41:47 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"
I go to his old school on a saturdays the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama (RSAMD) for piano they have his picture up on the wall with a thank you and a signature Alan Cumming also went to that school.

Killer. Nobody famous ever came from my school. In fact, after Gary Lineker and Lee from Big Brother (oh the fame) I think I'm more famous that anyone from Leicester :-\

Jack Dee came from my school, along with Wayne Bridge the famous footballer-oooh yeah.

Aha! Was it your dad who once told Wayne Bridge that he'd never make it as a pro footballer? lol. I thought somebody had told me about it but I couln't for the life of me remember who it was. I thought it must have been a dream or something.

Quote from: "Rosieposy87"
Right, back on topic!

I don't think there's much more that can be said on cow tipping.

-Kev

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2004, 11:11:48 am »
Quote from: "Scotty"

Killer. Nobody famous ever came from my school. In fact, after Gary Lineker and Lee from Big Brother (oh the fame) I think I'm more famous that anyone from Leicester :-\

Well, like we were expecting more... :roll:

Quote from: "Kev222"

Jack Dee came from my school, along with Wayne Bridge the famous footballer-oooh yeah.

Aha! Was it your dad who once told Wayne Bridge that he'd never make it as a pro footballer? lol. I thought somebody had told me about it but I couln't for the life of me remember who it was. I thought it must have been a dream or something.

Yup, it was indeedy. He now has his old text book hidden in the back of one of his filing cabinets. He nearly cried when he saw good ol' wayne come on in the Argentina game! Oh and last year at Presentation Evening Bridgey was the guest speaker. Who did we get? Some laaaame head of a charity, lol.

kev222

• VCUBs
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Cow Tipping
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2004, 11:29:17 am »
Oh and last year at Presentation Evening Bridgey was the guest speaker. Who did we get? Some laaaame head of a charity, lol.

lmao. Yep if there's anything the world needs it's less charities and more professional footballers... Oh wait :?

Seriosuly though, it's a cool story to have to tell. Even though your Wayne will never eclipse our Gary ;)

-Kev

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2004, 12:47:25 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
P.S It is also blatantly your fault for attempting to tip a cow in the first place, one word- FOOL.

I agree.  I take full blame for youthfull stupidity.  But god damn, you ever seen a 12 year old leap a 6 foot fence in a single bound?  It's fucking funny.

And @ Pete - BS.  Maybe that happened once, but as I have repeatedly stated... I live in KENTUCKY.  My uncle owns a horse farm and had dairy cattle, I had 2 friends growing up who lived on farmland one of who was within bike riding distance from my house (the other was a few hours away, but we used to go there on weekend sometimes).  I am quite familiar with cattle and I have NEVER seen a cow suffering significant damage from being knocked over.  Mostly they just go Moooooooooo and get back up.  Fuck, I've SEEN cattle fall over on their own when trying to graze in a pack on an awkward spot on a hill!

Nature isn't stupid enough to make animals that can't trip and fall without having to be put down.  Maybe your stepfathers customer or whatever was raising meat stock and was OVER feeding them and giving them growth hormones to the point where they were too top heavy.  That happens sometimes, and it's fucking stupid but don't PRETEND like that is the norm, because it isn't.  

NORMAL healthy CATTLE, especially dairy cattle, can fall over and it doesn't hurt them one bit... barring falling on a rock or off a ledge or something stupid like that.

Edit @ Holy - You grew up in a different place.  Don't judge till you've been there.  I can assure there were probably a dozen things you did as a child that I would find stupid or cruel or unnecessary.  The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.

Because you live in kentucky what i say is BS?  I doubt this Andrew,,,Typically the cows die from shock or broken ribs......Its not overfeeding them that makes them top heavy, they just naturally are, The cows you saw fall didnt take a real plummet they probably just tripped up and landed on the stomach mostly.  

Want proof?  And dont ever give me the BS line without verifying your facts first

http://www.digitalo.com/vrml/cowtip.html

http://www.bradstratton.com/FACT/

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/cowtaping.htmlhttp://

And also if nature isnt stupid enough to create an animal that would be extremely injured by falling then why did nature create a giraffe?
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2004, 12:52:01 pm »
just be kind to animlas, lol
they didn't do anything to you, did they?
:headshake:

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Cow Tipping
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2004, 12:52:32 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"

Edit @ Holy - You grew up in a different place.  Don't judge till you've been there.  I can assure there were probably a dozen things you did as a child that I would find stupid or cruel or unnecessary.  The diff between the midwest and the west coast are as different as NYC and Paris.

You once got mad at me for me telling to dont do sometime (ie make fun of depression), now you're telling me don't judge something. Can you say hypocrite?
I know I don't live in a place with cows anywhere near it, but I have lots of family (family in norway, idaho, etc) that has, and that's where I get my judgement about it. Actually my grandparents had a ranch which I spent a lot of time on growing up.... I know I dont have the most knowledge on it, but I have enough to give an opinion if I choose to.
Cows CAN get hurt from cow tipping. Humans CAN get hit from falling down. Someone in my family fell down and was hurt so badly they had a stroke. Yeah... they were old. But can you really be sure that every cow that people tip over is healthy and young, and therefore it won't hurt them?

Actually, you should look up the word HYPCRITE.  Because you apparently don't know what it means.  I would be a hypocrite if I said "I shouldn't tell people what to do" and then i told you what to do.  What I said was "YOU shouldn't tell ME what to do".  And you know what?  I still tand by that statement.  Thereby, making me NOT a hypocrite.

It does mean I have double standards.  In fact, often times I have tripple and quadrouple standards.

And I wasn't doubting your experience with Cattle.... I was doubting your comments about the boredom of people.  You seriously underappreciate the culture of some places where there isn't anything to do but run around in the fields and goof off.  When you're 12, tormenting live stock sounds entertaining.  Don't judge people who grew up in rural settings by the same standards you judge people you grew up with in CA.

I'm not talking about being malicious and TRYING to hurt animals here.  It's just kids being kids.

Edit @ Pete

That is one of the sadest pieces of "research" I have ever seen.  You linked me to three sites with side comments from people who give no background, no evidence and are CLEARLY not scientific or educational sites.  Those are sites run by RANDOM guy.

The opinions of those three websites are no more valid to me than YOUR own 3rd hand acount of a client of your step fathers.

I am giving you FIRST HAND accounts that I have NEVER seen a cow fall over and become seriously injured.  I am not saying it is IMPOSSIBLE.  I am disputing that it is LIKELY.  Because, clearly, it isn't.

As for your comment about cows being naturally top heavy, you should do some more of your "research" on the topic of beef cattle and the heavy use of growth hormones in the beef industry.  It is a pretty big controversy right now not only because of the health of hte cattle but also the health of the consumers.

Cattle are grown to be large and ungainly specifically for a higher meat content.  They are not NATURALLY like that.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2004, 12:56:21 pm »
It IS malicious, It is illegal as well as morally incorrect

kids being kids is one thing, kids hurting animals is another

PS:  theres lots of cows where i live,..Yes massachusetts does have cows
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2004, 01:00:24 pm »
Quote from: "Logikal X"

Technically, it is only illegal if it's not your cow.....
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2004, 01:04:30 pm »

Technically, it is only illegal if it's not your cow.....

I know clearly that your first hand experience is incorrect.  And one of those sites is an organization against cow tipping who surely wasnt created just because they think its bad.  Just because you live in Kentucky you must be right though...That my friend is truly the weaker evidence here.  Why dont you call the ASPCA and ask them?  Otherwise you're just being a dufus

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2004, 01:07:55 pm »
LMAO this whole thread reminds me of the scene in the book The Thorn Birds where one of the sons dies because a boarhound falls on him :-P Not to make light of someone dying becuase a boarhound fell on them, but you have to admit, it's not something you hear of everyday.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2004, 02:11:18 pm »
I know clearly that your first hand experience is incorrect.  And one of those sites is an organization against cow tipping who surely wasnt created just because they think its bad.  Just because you live in Kentucky you must be right though...That my friend is truly the weaker evidence here.  Why dont you call the ASPCA and ask them?  Otherwise you're just being a dufus

Dude.  Seriously.  Did you read the site?  Your "organization against cow tipping" is litteraly a guys personal homepage.

www.bradstratton.com

It's a frickin GUY.  One GUY.  I could make a webpage at www.grakthis.com/suckme and call it

SUCKIT

Society for Unilateral Capturing of Itinerant Tree-dwellers

(which would be in direct conflict with the CLIT, coalition for the liberation of itinerant tree-dwellers)

but that doesn't make me an expert on chimps now does it?

But I could have that site up in an hour if I wanted.

You have given me zero evidence except single lines from random websites by random guys on the internet that litteraly have no credentials or expertise on the subject and a 3rd hand source of a guy your step dad kinda sorta once thought he might have possibly known at some point in highschool cause he was related to his sisters promdate.

And at WHAT point did I use me living in KY as evidence of my expertise?  I was simply stating my home of origin to give background to what ACTUALLY makes me familiar with the topic.  Which would be having spend extensive time on three different farms with cattle.

Seriously Pete, on a scale of suck to suck, your argument here SUUUUUUCKS.

Edit @ Pete - How about you call the aspca and ask them how they feel about you eating steak?  Make you a deal.  You call them and ask if you should eat steak bought from your local grocery store.  And if they say "No", then you give it up.  Deal?

---Andrew

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Cow Tipping
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2004, 02:39:39 pm »

Dude.  Seriously.  Did you read the site?  Your "organization against cow tipping" is litteraly a guys personal homepage.

www.bradstratton.com

It's a frickin GUY.  One GUY.  I could make a webpage at www.grakthis.com/suckme and call it

SUCKIT

Society for Unilateral Capturing of Itinerant Tree-dwellers

(which would be in direct conflict with the CLIT, coalition for the liberation of itinerant tree-dwellers)

but that doesn't make me an expert on chimps now does it?

But I could have that site up in an hour if I wanted.

You have given me zero evidence except single lines from random websites by random guys on the internet that litteraly have no credentials or expertise on the subject and a 3rd hand source of a guy your step dad kinda sorta once thought he might have possibly known at some point in highschool cause he was related to his sisters promdate.

And at WHAT point did I use me living in KY as evidence of my expertise?  I was simply stating my home of origin to give background to what ACTUALLY makes me familiar with the topic.  Which would be having spend extensive time on three different farms with cattle.

Seriously Pete, on a scale of suck to suck, your argument here SUUUUUUCKS.

Edit @ Pete - How about you call the aspca and ask them how they feel about you eating steak?  Make you a deal.  You call them and ask if you should eat steak bought from your local grocery store.  And if they say "No", then you give it up.  Deal?

For one its not some guy my stepdad kinda sorta knows.  Its someone he insures since he owns an insurance company and the guy tried to put in a malicious damage property claim which didnt go through because cows arent really of auditory value....Also you have NO evidence, so your argument is WORSE than mine.....And give me a break about the websites...the fact of the matter is these people cared enough to make a website...you DONT, and you ARENT an expert on cows any more than i am just because you live near cows.....You are completely wrong and the fact tthat you think you are correct because i dont have "enough" evidence is a completely failed argument.   You think nature created animals so they could fall down, thats ridiculous, and of course every animal created by nature was created perfectly right because nature never makes a mistake right?  You're being ignorant,,,..maybe someday you will take a five foot plunge in the middle of sleeping and then you can tell me it didnt hurt.   Anyways i gave you three websites i found in two seconds...Try searching for cow tipping on google, i got loads of results and most of them are either a joke of the fact or a site expressing the dangers to the cows and to yourself.

Also why would i ask about whether i should or shouldnt be eating steak when it has NOTHING to do with the argument...Changing the subject because you cant back up your own argument with jack except "Im Andrew and i must know more about cows because i saw one fall when i was younger" ?