Author Topic: The Songs of Harmonium --What will they be?  (Read 15383 times)

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Songs of Harmonium --What will they be?
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2004, 12:16:37 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"

If you kept reading it says that that is NOT the name of the song also i don't think that she would put it like that with papa so early and like all the fast songs in the beging and also i don't think ameriteen will be on we both messed up the person that said that she took it off might be right i think it could be a b-side

If you kept reading you'd see that HE said it wasn't the name of the song :roll:

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2004, 12:40:21 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"

If you kept reading it says that that is NOT the name of the song also i don't think that she would put it like that with papa so early and like all the fast songs in the beging and also i don't think ameriteen will be on we both messed up the person that said that she took it off might be right i think it could be a b-side

If you kept reading you'd see that HE said it wasn't the name of the song :roll:

sentence does my you read make sense, with be force may you the

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2004, 07:56:05 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"

sentence does my you read make sense, with be force may you the

C's sentence makes perfect scence, if you didnt understand it,.... well, i'll be nice and sum it up..

i said
11[Quail Dude Squaw -- not final name, but working name -- from the interview http://www.nessaholics.com/pages/katia_tricia_interview_aug_7.html ]

then blueglove said 'if you kept on reading it siad it isnt the name of the song'
then TSE said in reply to blueglove 'if you kept on reading, you'd notice that Andrew[me] said that 'quail dude squaw' wasnt the final name to that song.'

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!!! 8O  :?

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2004, 12:39:18 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
C's sentence makes perfect scence, if you didnt understand it,.... well, i'll be nice and sum it up..

It wasn't C's sentence I was saying that didn't make sense :?

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2004, 07:01:13 pm »
Andrew and Scotty love me! :D

Scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2004, 07:33:16 pm »
Andrew and Scotty love me! :D

who doesnt :D

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

clairybeary88

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2004, 12:09:09 am »
i think it would b soooo ausome if she put some of her earlier songs on there as well. does ne1 have her newer stuff on mp3, like papa and all those? i would really luv 2 have those!

Xenophanes

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2004, 12:47:39 pm »

1Private Radio
2Morning Sting
3C'est La Vie
4White Houses
5Papa
6San Francisco
7Ameriteen
8She Floats
9Afterglow
10[title not known|the other new song she wrote]
11[Quail Dude Squaw -- not final name, but working name -- from the interview http://www.nessaholics.com/pages/katia_tricia_interview_aug_7.html ]

I just read that interview again, and I came across a passage that I found interesting:

...There's actually two new songs on the album that no one's ever heard before...[R]ight now [one]'s being called "Quail Dude Squaw...

Before there were the two blizzard songs (of which White Houses is one),  there were these two new songs...one of them the Interlude/Qualylude/Quail Dude Squaw that she mentioned as being hard to play in the interview, and which Kulp included above in his list. The other she simply refers to as a "new song that no one's ever heard before"...therefore, assuming that Ameriteen is off, there will be 11 tracks on Harmonium:

1. Morning Sting
2. C'est La Vie
3. Papa
4. Quail Dude Squaw
5. (Second totally new song)
6. San Fransisco
7. White Houses
8. Private Radio
9. (Second Blizzard Song)
10. She Floats
11. Afterglow

The second totally new song takes the place of Ameriteen.

Of course, then there's Nessa's post from the o-board saying that she "just wrote two new songs that are bumping some old ones off". These two new songs that she had just written are the blizzard songs, of course. The question that this raises, however, is the one that has never been answered: what are the "old ones" that got bumped off? From the surmised track lists that we can come up with, all songs likely to be on Harmonium, even without the blizzard-bumping :razz:, are present and accounted for. Plus, in the interview already mentioned twice above, when asked if there would be any old songs on Harmonium, Vanessa replied "...Afterglow's kinda old..." If you read that section of the interview, it seems to say that Afterglow is the oldest song on the album. Everything else that might be deemed old (e.g. Papa, C'est La Vie) she's performed live, and therefore isn't really "old". Plus, even if Afterglow, Papa, C'est La Vie, or She Floats were considered old enough for two of them to be the "old ones" being bumped off, then there would have to be two more completely new songs on Harmonium that she hasn't told anyone about yet....

Now, as I was just writing that, it suddenly dawned on me that that's a very real possiblility. While it seems unlikely to me that any of the four "old" songs mentioned above would comprise the two bumbped off, if they do, then there must have been, at the time of the interview, two more completely new songs in the works, which would now be providing the extra songs needed to make at least 11 tracks on Harmonium. (this assumes that there will be at least 11 tracks)

What I had originally intended to claim is that there were two more completely new songs in the works, and those have now been bumped off in favor of the blizzard pair.

So, in conclusion of perhaps the longest post in my life, it seems to me (seems to me, mind you, this is a fairly presumptuous leap on my part, I think) that there are the two most likely possible track lists for Harmonium:

A. What I have listed toward the beginning of this post, in which case two completely new songs, never heard and never mentioned (besides the post saying that two old ones were bumped off), are the ones being bumped off Harmonium
B. What I have listed, except minus two of the "old", but not really "old" songs: Afterglow, Papa, C'est La Vie, etc.

I'm hoping that it's A. Of course, as I said earlier, this is very presumptuous on my part, I think...and plus, I sort of changed my conclusion mid-post, so I'm not sure how sturdy this opinion is...

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2004, 01:37:09 pm »
Quote from: "Xenophanes"

1Private Radio
2Morning Sting
3C'est La Vie
4White Houses
5Papa
6San Francisco
7Ameriteen
8She Floats
9Afterglow
10[title not known|the other new song she wrote]

I just read that interview again, and I came across a passage that I found interesting:

...There's actually two new songs on the album that no one's ever heard before...[R]ight now [one]'s being called "Quail Dude Squaw...

Before there were the two blizzard songs (of which White Houses is one),  there were these two new songs...one of them the Interlude/Qualylude/Quail Dude Squaw that she mentioned as being hard to play in the interview, and which Kulp included above in his list. The other she simply refers to as a "new song that no one's ever heard before"...therefore, assuming that Ameriteen is off, there will be 11 tracks on Harmonium:

1. Morning Sting
2. C'est La Vie
3. Papa
4. Quail Dude Squaw
5. (Second totally new song)
6. San Fransisco
7. White Houses
8. Private Radio
9. (Second Blizzard Song)
10. She Floats
11. Afterglow

The second totally new song takes the place of Ameriteen.

Of course, then there's Nessa's post from the o-board saying that she "just wrote two new songs that are bumping some old ones off". These two new songs that she had just written are the blizzard songs, of course. The question that this raises, however, is the one that has never been answered: what are the "old ones" that got bumped off? From the surmised track lists that we can come up with, all songs likely to be on Harmonium, even without the blizzard-bumping :razz:, are present and accounted for. Plus, in the interview already mentioned twice above, when asked if there would be any old songs on Harmonium, Vanessa replied "...Afterglow's kinda old..." If you read that section of the interview, it seems to say that Afterglow is the oldest song on the album. Everything else that might be deemed old (e.g. Papa, C'est La Vie) she's performed live, and therefore isn't really "old". Plus, even if Afterglow, Papa, C'est La Vie, or She Floats were considered old enough for two of them to be the "old ones" being bumped off, then there would have to be two more completely new songs on Harmonium that she hasn't told anyone about yet....

Now, as I was just writing that, it suddenly dawned on me that that's a very real possiblility. While it seems unlikely to me that any of the four "old" songs mentioned above would comprise the two bumbped off, if they do, then there must have been, at the time of the interview, two more completely new songs in the works, which would now be providing the extra songs needed to make at least 11 tracks on Harmonium. (this assumes that there will be at least 11 tracks)

What I had originally intended to claim is that there were two more completely new songs in the works, and those have now been bumped off in favor of the blizzard pair.

So, in conclusion of perhaps the longest post in my life, it seems to me (seems to me, mind you, this is a fairly presumptuous leap on my part, I think) that there are the two most likely possible track lists for Harmonium:

A. What I have listed toward the beginning of this post, in which case two completely new songs, never heard and never mentioned (besides the post saying that two old ones were bumped off), are the ones being bumped off Harmonium
B. What I have listed, except minus two of the "old", but not really "old" songs: Afterglow, Papa, C'est La Vie, etc.

I'm hoping that it's A. Of course, as I said earlier, this is very presumptuous on my part, I think...and plus, I sort of changed my conclusion mid-post, so I'm not sure how sturdy this opinion is...

or maybe the song getting knocked off the list is the 'new' Interlude.
and not ameriteen?
huh..
you didnt think of that now did you.
or maybe ...just maybe..
there are 12 songs on the CD..   or 13, or 14 or 15!!?!?!
huH?

maybe she'll release the songs she 'took off the list' on the new singles CD's .......hmmmmm.....

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2004, 04:12:41 pm »
hopefully there's more than 10 though... :?

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2004, 05:46:26 pm »
Maybe "White House" is about how George W. Bush won't be re-elected.
Joe

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2004, 06:14:07 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
Maybe "White House" is about how George W. Bush won't be re-elected.

or maybe its not.
GO PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH! WOOO!!!!! :twisted:
[just because you dont like him] :D

nahh, its most likely about sex.  :twisted: