Author Topic: Super Bowl 38  (Read 17292 times)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2004, 06:09:13 pm »
Quote from: "MistrFish"
Janet's boobs made the halftime show a little better. The show still sucked nonetheless.

I agreeeee, it did suck!

(ps- giiian.. you should really get on AIM hunny)
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2004, 07:21:23 pm »
LMAO that was so funny. I can't believe they left it unsensored.. haha but wasn't she wearing a peircing or something? But I think that's the most that's ever been shown on a station like cbs lol

I bet the guys here wanna see pictures.. you know you wan't to.. ya'll are dirrty hah!

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2004, 07:27:14 pm »
Oh & did anyone see the Pink, Britney, Beyonce' commercial yet? I still haven't seen it yet. Maybe I missed it.

I thought it was just hilarious that they did a commercial together.. poor Christina was left out.. I find it funny that they each have something in common with Christina dissin each of them. And now this is what she gets for dissin people like them.. getting left out of one of the biggest commercials for the superbowl, hahaha

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2004, 07:32:19 pm »
New England won!!! Yeah!!! I knew they could do it!

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2004, 07:34:29 pm »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
No one gives Carolina any dap, but I think they can win, they've already slayed three hype machines (Tampa, St. Louis, Philly) this season, why not a fourth? LOL.

Fair point.  But here's why Carolina WON'T win Super Bowl XXXVIII:

The Patriots aren't a "hype machine".  Name TWO superstars on that team and you'll be our lucky winner.  They play as a team, much as the Panthers do.

The Patriots know what it's like to come into a Super Bowl as an underdog, and they saw first hand what happens when a team gets too cocky as the Rams did two years ago.  They're not going to make the Rams' mistake.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has been able to run on the Patriots this season.  Is Del Homme good enough to win if the Panthers can run the football and he only has to throw 14 times?  Yes.  Is Del Homme good enough to win when he has to throw 25 times?  No.  He's used to being able to just take the incomplete passes, and tee it up another time.  On 3rd and 8--because the Pats have such a good run defense--he's not going to have that option.  

Patriots by two touchdowns.

Hate to say I told you so...

BUT I TOLD YOU SO.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2004, 07:37:40 pm »
Ugggh, this really pisses me off!
Joe

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2004, 07:38:29 pm »
My pats did it again!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo happy!!
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Manda

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2004, 07:59:05 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

I'm so psyched!!!

:D

THEY WON, THEY WON, THEY WON!!!

Tom Brady (kick ass job)
Adam Vinatieri (that last kick, he did it!!!)

it was a close game, but they came through!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY!

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

LimeTwister

Super Bowl 38
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2004, 08:15:43 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
Oh & did anyone see the Pink, Britney, Beyonce' commercial yet? I still haven't seen it yet. Maybe I missed it.

I thought it was just hilarious that they did a commercial together.. poor Christina was left out.. I find it funny that they each have something in common with Christina dissin each of them. And now this is what she gets for dissin people like them.. getting left out of one of the biggest commercials for the superbowl, hahaha

considering the lovely price tag for just a 30 second commercial...pepsi decided to air it some other time. :) But can I add I love pepsi and all 3 of those girls :).

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2004, 08:19:52 pm »
Quote from: "Amanda-Panda"
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

I'm so psyched!!!

:D

THEY WON, THEY WON, THEY WON!!!

Tom Brady (kick ass job)
Adam Vinatieri (that last kick, he did it!!!)

it was a close game, but they came through!

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY!

Manda

yeauh!!! it was a great game! i have to give carolina credit thpugh. they did come very close. both teams did awesome

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Manda

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2004, 08:27:25 pm »
they came too close. lol

I was screaming, I did not want the Panther's to win at all!

but when they won those two points, and the score was 22-29, it was close!

then they scored again, and it was 29-29, oh man...I was praying!

but the Patriots did it, thank the lord!

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

sayyouwould

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2004, 08:41:33 pm »
they played an awesome game!!! My mom almost passed out when the scores got tied up.

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2004, 09:12:45 pm »
I love how some people act as if their all involved in watching sports, and as if they know everything about it, and then just take the side of the winning team.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

sayyouwould

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2004, 09:23:27 pm »
Associated Press
NEW YORK -- CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured Puff Daddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance."

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2004, 09:24:01 pm »
omg, ahh I feel so bad for saying it was funny with the whole Janet Jackson thing, I had nooo idea it wasn't supposed to happen. They said on the news that it was a "costume malfunction".. poor Janet. I feel so bad for her. And Justin that jerk just stared at it, and didn't bother to try to hide it or do something, just stared like it was part of the act. That dog. lol

I saw it tho, I can't believe they didn't sensor it.. now on the news they are.

Edit: Shelly beat me to it, haha