Author Topic: Super Bowl 38  (Read 17291 times)

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2004, 09:24:09 pm »
Quote from: "Maverick"
I love how some people act as if their all involved in watching sports, and as if they know everything about it, and then just take the side of the winning team.

and I love how some people get pissed off because their team doesn't win and assumes that everyone else is just going along with the other team because they won...when they truely have no idea.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2004, 09:26:54 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
omg, ahh I feel so bad for saying it was funny with the whole Janet Jackson thing, I had nooo idea it wasn't supposed to happen. They said on the news that it was a "costume malfunction".. poor Janet. I feel so bad for her. And Justin that jerk just stared at it, and didn't bother to hide or do something, just stared like it was part of the act. That dog. lol

I saw it tho, I can't believe they didn't sensor it.. now on the news they are.

Edit: Shelly beat me to it, haha

I still don't think it was an accident.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Blake

• **BANNED**
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2004, 09:52:40 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
Quote from: "Maverick"
I love how some people act as if their all involved in watching sports, and as if they know everything about it, and then just take the side of the winning team.

and I love how some people get pissed off because their team doesn't win and assumes that everyone else is just going along with the other team because they won...when they truely have no idea.

No actually I am far from pissed. I am very happy. We turned around completly from that wicked 1-15 season to go all the way to the super bowl, and they performed as some called it, one of the best super bowl games ever. We came close, and we held the Patriots tight. It was a great game, and I mentioned no names, it's just funny how some people are suddenly interested AFTER someone wins.

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2004, 03:18:03 pm »
Quote from: "Katia's Lover"
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
No one gives Carolina any dap, but I think they can win, they've already slayed three hype machines (Tampa, St. Louis, Philly) this season, why not a fourth? LOL.

Fair point.  But here's why Carolina WON'T win Super Bowl XXXVIII:

The Patriots aren't a "hype machine".  Name TWO superstars on that team and you'll be our lucky winner.  They play as a team, much as the Panthers do.

The Patriots know what it's like to come into a Super Bowl as an underdog, and they saw first hand what happens when a team gets too cocky as the Rams did two years ago.  They're not going to make the Rams' mistake.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has been able to run on the Patriots this season.  Is Del Homme good enough to win if the Panthers can run the football and he only has to throw 14 times?  Yes.  Is Del Homme good enough to win when he has to throw 25 times?  No.  He's used to being able to just take the incomplete passes, and tee it up another time.  On 3rd and 8--because the Pats have such a good run defense--he's not going to have that option.  

Patriots by two touchdowns.

Hate to say I told you so...

BUT I TOLD YOU SO.

Well ... Tom Brady, Antwoin Smith, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri, Ty law ... oops ... I guess I named more than two superstars (and yes, I did know who they were before the game started). Does that mean I don't win?

I wouldn't call 92 yards on 16 carries as not being able to run the ball either, not to mention the touchdown.

Jake Delhomme threw for 323 yards and three touchdowns. After completing only one of his first nine passes, he settled in and went 15-24.

By all rights, 29 points should be enough to win a agame -- any game. The Panthers just fell a bit short at the end. The game really could have gone either way.

All boasting aside ... the 14-point prediction was nothing more than a farce. You told no one anything. lol

Topher

PS: If there are any disputes on those statistics, try this link:

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20040201_CAR@NE
Ti Amo Michelle!

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2004, 04:35:13 pm »
i thought it was cool how Ricky Proehl tied it up for the Panthers at this superbowl against the Patriots and how two year ago Ricky tied it up for the rams against the Patriots. he's an awesome dude. too bad both those teams lost to the patriots. weird how their kicker won it for both their superbowls. although i thought their kicker sucked most of the game  :roll: . i guess he pulled through in the end. i was hoping it would go into over time but i guess not... oh well. interesting game in the second half.

i still say the Rams vs. Patriots super bowl was a better game though  :wink:

Amanda

LimeTwister

Super Bowl 38
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2004, 06:50:06 pm »
ricky's sister use to be a local news anchor here...she quit cuz she is taking care of her children...

but i don't know why you need to know that.

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2004, 07:15:36 pm »
Quote from: "topher8467"
Quote from: "Tha Blingster"
No one gives Carolina any dap, but I think they can win, they've already slayed three hype machines (Tampa, St. Louis, Philly) this season, why not a fourth? LOL.

Fair point.  But here's why Carolina WON'T win Super Bowl XXXVIII:

The Patriots aren't a "hype machine".  Name TWO superstars on that team and you'll be our lucky winner.  They play as a team, much as the Panthers do.

The Patriots know what it's like to come into a Super Bowl as an underdog, and they saw first hand what happens when a team gets too cocky as the Rams did two years ago.  They're not going to make the Rams' mistake.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has been able to run on the Patriots this season.  Is Del Homme good enough to win if the Panthers can run the football and he only has to throw 14 times?  Yes.  Is Del Homme good enough to win when he has to throw 25 times?  No.  He's used to being able to just take the incomplete passes, and tee it up another time.  On 3rd and 8--because the Pats have such a good run defense--he's not going to have that option.  

Patriots by two touchdowns.

Hate to say I told you so...

BUT I TOLD YOU SO.

Well ... Tom Brady, Antwoin Smith, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Adam Vinatieri, Ty law ... oops ... I guess I named more than two superstars (and yes, I did know who they were before the game started). Does that mean I don't win?

I wouldn't call 92 yards on 16 carries as not being able to run the ball either, not to mention the touchdown.

Jake Delhomme threw for 323 yards and three touchdowns. After completing only one of his first nine passes, he settled in and went 15-24.

By all rights, 29 points should be enough to win a agame -- any game. The Panthers just fell a bit short at the end. The game really could have gone either way.

All boasting aside ... the 14-point prediction was nothing more than a farce. You told no one anything. lol

Topher

PS: If there are any disputes on those statistics, try this link:

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20040201_CAR@NE

While I predicted Pats by two TDs earlier, I ended up changing my mind a little and making a bet on Thursday to take Carolina +7.  I still thought the Pats would win, but by less than seven.  

And only one of the players--Tom Brady--you mentioned were superstars.  A kicker.  You mentioned a kicker as a possible superstar?  I mean, he's great, don't get me wrong... but a kicker as a superstar?!  Please.  And Ty Law is great.  But we all know "superstars" don't play on defense--it's a shame, but true.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2004, 07:18:30 pm »
omg you guys- my Choir teacher wrote cbs & mtv a letter about the half time show, telling them that there was too much exposure, & that it was inapropriate & stuff.. I don't remember all of what she said she wrote but yeah, haha she so rocks for doing that.

She was like "i'm not watching mtv for awhile" lol

But yeah, everyone was talking about the whole Janet thing at school today, I sware.. everyone knows it was on purpose..

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2004, 08:41:52 pm »
omg you guys- my Choir teacher wrote cbs & mtv a letter about the half time show, telling them that there was too much exposure, & that it was inapropriate & stuff.. I don't remember all of what she said she wrote but yeah, haha she so rocks for doing that.

She was like "i'm not watching mtv for awhile" lol

But yeah, everyone was talking about the whole Janet thing at school today, I sware.. everyone knows it was on purpose..

Well yeah..haha, of course it was on purpose.

Lets see, MTV produced the show..Britney and Madonna make out at the VMA's. JT rips Jackson's shirt..Yeah their all about publicity..

HAHA! Jay Leno just said...Wow it was ironic, a Jackson getting molested for once...Then later he said they called it a "Wardrobe Malfunction" and he said, what were both boobs supposed to pop out?

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2004, 10:47:37 am »
They admitted it was a set-up didn't they? Yuppers, they did. Like that wasn't obvious!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

topher8467

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 330591060
    • AOL Instant Messenger - narruc67
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Author0804
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/author0804
    • Email
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2004, 06:10:42 pm »
While I predicted Pats by two TDs earlier, I ended up changing my mind a little and making a bet on Thursday to take Carolina +7.  I still thought the Pats would win, but by less than seven.  

And only one of the players--Tom Brady--you mentioned were superstars.  A kicker.  You mentioned a kicker as a possible superstar?  I mean, he's great, don't get me wrong... but a kicker as a superstar?!  Please.  And Ty Law is great.  But we all know "superstars" don't play on defense--it's a shame, but true.

No biggie on the prediction, even Vegas blew the point spread.

Yes ... a kicker can be a superstar, especially one with two winning Super Bowl field goals in the final seconds of each (and, possibly more to come). Here's a good rule of thumb by which most players are considered true superstars: Will they end up in the Hall of Fame? Will Adam Vinatieri end up there? I'd be very surprised if he didn't.

Dick Butkas, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Mean Joe Greene (not really all that mean, from what I hear), and Jack Lambert are all defenseive players who could be labled as superstars. Although the definition of superstar can be a debateable one, Ty Law would have to be considered one as far as active players are concerned.

Topher
Ti Amo Michelle!

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2004, 06:48:04 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
They admitted it was a set-up didn't they? Yuppers, they did.

Whoa they did? I never heard that.. maybe it'll be on the news later, I haven't watched it yet today...

LimeTwister

Super Bowl 38
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2004, 06:54:27 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
They admitted it was a set-up didn't they? Yuppers, they did.

Whoa they did? I never heard that.. maybe it'll be on the news later, I haven't watched it yet today...

i think Janet did..I think I heard that on CNN...

Personally, I think Janet and JT should have to pay the fine...not CBS.

Laura

• View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2004, 07:29:27 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Personally, I think JT should have to pay since he is the one that did it.. Janet is probably the innocent one.. but I am probably being biased since you all know how I feel about him- lol

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 38
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2004, 07:32:46 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Personally, I think JT should have to pay since he is the one that did it.. Janet is probably the innocent one.. but I am probably being biased since you all know how I feel about him- lol

well, i think if was Jt and Janet's little idea. Janet posted on her website that she promised something big, and unexpected. or something like that (that's what the news keeps saying) so i think both of them were in on it.

i say they should both pay for it

Amanda