Author Topic: Joss Stone  (Read 42997 times)

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:24 pm »
she was so pretty, I loved her performance dress:

Image host by PicTiger

I gotta wear shades

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2006, 10:53:27 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "blackvulture"
I saw the video.... was thinking... damn this sounds familiar!

It's the most fuckedup cover of the White Stripes debut single.

For your first single, be original.

The whole album is covers......

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2006, 12:00:47 am »
I just found out I was able to capture these so I did. These performances are different from most of her others because it's not with her current band and there are no backup vocals. I have 2 links for each since some people are limited to one or the other.
The Chokin' Kind:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27749667/Joss_Stone_-_The_Chokin__Kind__Live___VH-1_.wmv.html
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3478B09F543D73B0

size: 30.3 MB

Super Duper Love:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27751279/Joss_Stone_-_Super_Duper_Love__Live___VH-1_.wmv.html
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F59C38EC41FABC20

size: 26.7 MB

For The Love Of You Part 1&2:
http://rapidshare.de/files/27753007/Joss_Stone_-_For_The_Love_Of_You_Part_1_2__Live___VH-1_.wmv.html
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0215C9D605918A3B

size: 34.7 MB

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2006, 05:59:51 pm »
thanx!
 :D

edit:
I can't play those files, I tried with WindowsMP, with VLCplayer, but still doesn't work, which codec should I get?

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2006, 10:29:53 am »
I just got tickets for her House of Blues show in January! WOOHOO

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2007, 07:41:31 am »

Introducing Joss Stone

Joss fans, if you haven't already heard, the acclaimed songstress returns on March 20th with the release of her third CD, "Introducing Joss Stone". AOL Music is hosting the First Listen for the album, click HERE to listen to the CD and check out what Joss has to say about each track! The CD was produced by Raphael Saadiq (D'Angelo, The Roots) and features guest appearances by Common and Lauryn Hill.

Joss will embark on a national tour in the spring, but for those of you who can't wait until then, she will be performing two very special, intimate SOLD OUT shows on January 31st, at the House of Blues in Los Angeles & on February 8th, at the Bowery Ballroom in New York.

Joss, You and Yahoo!

Attention Southern California Joss Stone fans!! Want to be a part of an exclusive major internet event with Joss? Yahoo! Music and Virgin Records want you to join us when Joss takes the stage for Nissan Live Sets in West Los Angeles, CA.

January 29, 2007

7 pm (subject to change, you need to arrive two hours before)

The first 200 fans to email Invites@YahooLiveSets.com will get in the doors for this exclusive taping. Plus you get to bring a friend. Please email us your name, your location, and tell us how much you love Joss. We will contact you if you are chosen to attend.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS

You must be at least 16 years old to attend. Fans under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. You must provide your own transportation and accommodations (if necessary).

This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

This invitation is not transferable, without the express permission of Yahoo!. Yahoo! reserves the right to rescind any invitation, at any time, in its sole discretion.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2007, 07:48:39 am »
I can't hear the previews, it says it's not available in my area :(

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #142 on: January 26, 2007, 04:02:14 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"

Introducing Joss Stone

Joss fans, if you haven't already heard, the acclaimed songstress returns on March 20th with the release of her third CD, "Introducing Joss Stone". AOL Music is hosting the First Listen for the album, click HERE to listen to the CD and check out what Joss has to say about each track! The CD was produced by Raphael Saadiq (D'Angelo, The Roots) and features guest appearances by Common and Lauryn Hill.

Joss will embark on a national tour in the spring, but for those of you who can't wait until then, she will be performing two very special, intimate SOLD OUT shows on January 31st, at the House of Blues in Los Angeles & on February 8th, at the Bowery Ballroom in New York.

Joss, You and Yahoo!

Attention Southern California Joss Stone fans!! Want to be a part of an exclusive major internet event with Joss? Yahoo! Music and Virgin Records want you to join us when Joss takes the stage for Nissan Live Sets in West Los Angeles, CA.

January 29, 2007

7 pm (subject to change, you need to arrive two hours before)

The first 200 fans to email Invites@YahooLiveSets.com will get in the doors for this exclusive taping. Plus you get to bring a friend. Please email us your name, your location, and tell us how much you love Joss. We will contact you if you are chosen to attend.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND MULTIPLE EMAILS

You must be at least 16 years old to attend. Fans under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. You must provide your own transportation and accommodations (if necessary).

This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

This invitation is not transferable, without the express permission of Yahoo!. Yahoo! reserves the right to rescind any invitation, at any time, in its sole discretion.

I'm actually going to be at this taping!

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #143 on: January 26, 2007, 04:51:14 pm »
^I'll pretend I'm not envious.... :oops:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2007, 03:36:48 pm »
I went to the Yahoo taping Monday and it was cool but Joss has bronchitis so it was a bit short. Joss looked awesome and seems to have lost weight.

Joss sang 5 songs and answered 6 questions. It should all be up but I don't know exactly when.

Her songs were Music, Tell Me 'Bout It, Girl They Won't Believe It, Right To Be Wrong, and Jet Lag.

I really like Music after hearing it live.

During the question portion in between questions when they were getting the cameras ready she remembered me and had a small conversation with me. Basically asked how I was and asked me if I missed her.

Here's my recap of the show at the House of Blues Wednesday.

I got there early and tried to watch soundcheck again but I only got to see a few minutes of the band playing until security made me leave so I went upstairs to have dinner.

Joss looked great and was wearing a Tina Turner type short sequined dress that was white with some silver, red, and yellow designs on it. The dress was almost too short considering how high the stage was. She could've flashed the whole front row if she wasn't careful. She came out wearing high heels but quickly decided she couldn't wear them safely and took them off and gave them to the 2 women beside me.

The show was pretty long considering Joss was really sick 2 days ago. Here's the songs she sang (in order):

Girls They Won't Believe It
Head Turner
Music
Put Your Hands On Me
Super Duper Love
Jet Lag
In The Arms Of My Baby
What Were We Thinking
Tell Me What We're Gonna Do Now
Tell Me'Bout It
Baby Baby Baby
Right To Be Wrong

There were a couple of times during the show when she sang a portion of a looking directly at me which was really cool.

I don't have pictures but I was right in front slightly off center and there was a security guy within 2 or 3 feet of me the entire show so there was no way to get a picture. The good thing about having security so close was that I asked him to get the setlist after the show and he ended up getting me the setlist that belonged to Joss.

It was a great show and the only bad part was I didn't get to meet her again and get a picture with her new hair color.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Joss Stone
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2007, 09:10:58 pm »
she sang a song called ..."Put your hands on me"... 8O
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2007, 12:22:21 pm »
Quote from: "joey"

I was thinking the same thing. 8O

Gingernut

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2007, 12:37:47 pm »
Ooh :/ Strange.
That happens all the time though, I mean look how many people have used the title 'Dirty Little Secret'

All American Rejects, Sarah Mclachlan and Bon Jovi.
That's all I know of anyway.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2007, 05:38:25 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"
Quote from: "joey"

I was thinking the same thing. 8O

Totally 2 different songs. Joss doesn't mention the Dalai Lama  :lol:

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Joss Stone
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:46 pm »
It wasn't on the show but she won a Grammy yesterday for R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals: "Family Affair," (Sly and the Family Stone), John Legend, Joss Stone With Van Hunt.