Author Topic: This Is Very Important To Me  (Read 55353 times)

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
This Is Very Important To Me
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 01:51:22 pm »
There is no way you can conserve it... people who should notbe getting married right now are.. people who do not take it seriously... like Britney or to stay in the US.  Many marriages do not even last, but gay people who really love eachother and live together well are not allowed?  What bullshit ...

And I think it would make a difference if you had a gay realtive or friend... to see that someone you love is denied rights that everyone should have.
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 01:56:51 pm »
i know gay people and have nothing against them, but marriage is a vow between a "man and a woman" ....  I think they should get their own form of unionship.  Anyways i could really care less overall so i signed it for nicole  :D
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

sayyouwould

• MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 01:57:18 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "TSE"
Sorry guys, but I'm with the vultureboy. . .

<3

Quote from: "sayyouwould"
If god didn't want them to be gay he wouldn't have made them gay. Explain that to me please.

God did not make them gay, he gave man free will, and far too often man chooses sin over righteousness.

How is that a sin? When did god say it was wrong for them to get married or even have sexual relations? I think it's stupid how you people get so opposed to something that will probably never affect you. If you don't have family or friends that are gay what does it matter to you? Why don't you want them to be happy? Are you that cruel that you want to see people hurt?
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 02:00:17 pm »
Quote from: "loveplasticlove"
There is no way you can conserve it... people who should notbe getting married right now are.. people who do not take it seriously... like Britney or to stay in the US.  Many marriages do not even last, but gay people who really love eachother and live together well are not allowed?  What bullshit ...

And I think it would make a difference if you had a gay realtive or friend... to see that someone you love is denied rights that everyone should have.

*applause* i'm SO with you Nic

so you fall in love with someone of the same sex... who cares?! people get married because there in LOVE. it doesn't matter who with. and getting married would also help these people get financial benifits that getting married comes with.

as for gay relations being against the Bible... God's the one who INTENDED that person be gay right? that's just my oppinion...

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 02:06:07 pm »

Damn right.  Don't call it marriage... I don't care, but allow them to form a union and give them the same benefits as married couples.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 02:08:28 pm »

*golfclap* nicely said, nicely said. I don't think that religious opinion should play a part in a constitutional decision at all. Just because you are religious does not mean that the rest of america has to be. I think that's what President Bush is doing too much of. Goodness, how can you deny someone basic rights just because you don't agree with them? And marriage is a basic right, in my opinion....to me that is extremely unconstitutional, and un Christian for that matter. You're shunning someone just because they don't go along with your beliefs, yet one of the main Christian teachings is to accept everyone and treat everyone the same. Just my opinion though...

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 02:13:58 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"
Damn right.  Don't call it marriage... I don't care, but allow them to form a union and give them the same benefits as married couples.

You know what?
We have that in France.
It's called "PACS" (not sure if this means anything) but any couple can have it (gay or not). It's not a marriage thing but you can have the same benefits and stuff (except adopting a kid which is still a big issue).
Maybe Bush should pay a visit to our president and talk about it? ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2004, 02:16:29 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
How is that a sin? When did god say it was wrong for them to get married or even have sexual relations?

*claps* thats just a winner right there.

Lev 18:22
"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

Rom 1:27&32
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

LimeTwister

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2004, 02:17:33 pm »
I just want to know, who died and made Bush God?

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2004, 02:20:22 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Bush.. God... haha. I'd have to shoot myself if that were true
Gina

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2004, 02:23:18 pm »

Bush is not God, he is the elected leader of out country.

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2004, 02:23:53 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"

Bush is not God, he is the elected leader of out country.

I cannot wait til the next election when I can vote...
Gina

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 02:24:22 pm »
i signed this petition nicole.  i am an ally of the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgendered community.  i think that outlawing gay marriage should primarily be dealt with state by state as it is at this point and has nothing to do with the federal government; therefore, bush is allowed his opinions but i believe has no right to set one standard for the whole country declaring gay marriage wrong.  

i have gay friends. one of my closest male friends is gay- but nonetheless he is the most beautiful, open, loving people i have ever met in my life.  it breaks my heart to think that if he were to fall in love, he would not be allowed to marry his boyfriend.  who are we to judge what is love and what is not?  

in fact, if gay marriage is outlawed, i think marriage in general should be as well.  

i don't mean to offend.  you can believe whatever you want to believe.  i believe that adding an amendment to the constitution not allowing gay people to marry is ignorance.

kelley
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004, 02:24:50 pm »
Quote from: "Gina"

Bush.. God... haha. I'd have to shoot myself if that were true

ditto :-P

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2004, 02:24:56 pm »
yep even Vanessa agrees Bush needs to go byebye :)

I wish one of his daughters was a lesbian so he would have a little more compassion!
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol