Author Topic: music recording/making an mp3  (Read 2885 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
music recording/making an mp3
« on: February 28, 2004, 01:25:46 pm »
ok, i didn't know how to title this but...
well, i have a really nice electric piano (p-120 yamaha) and you can record on it. so, i record songs and things i play on it and i want to get the songs i recorded on to my computer as an mp3 file. the piano has MIDI hook ups and everything, and i know what cords i need to hook it up with but i don't know how to get the recorded music from my piano onto my computer. do i need some sort of music software? i have Band in a Box, but i don't know if that's the right kind of thing. anyone have any advice?

Amanda

JazzyTim

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jazzvibes89
    • View Profile
Re: music recording/making an mp3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 01:56:00 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyManda"
well, i have a really nice electric piano (p-120 yamaha) and you can record on it. so, i record songs and things i play on it and i want to get the songs i recorded on to my computer as an mp3 file. the piano has MIDI hook ups and everything, and i know what cords i need to hook it up with but i don't know how to get the recorded music from my piano onto my computer. do i need some sort of music software? i have Band in a Box, but i don't know if that's the right kind of thing. anyone have any advice?

Amanda

Band in a Box should be fine, Amanda, if you need help setting it getting it to send, you know were to find me,

Tim 8)
jazz: a form of native American music marked by improvisation, propulsive rythms, and polyphonic ensemble playing. in other word, Me
C:\My Documents\My Pictures\JazzyManda2.jpg

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 01:59:32 pm »
Quote from: "JazzyTim"

Amanda

Band in a Box should be fine, Amanda, if you need help setting it getting it to send, you know were to find me,

Tim 8)

but me and my dad tried to hook it up to band in a box before and all it would do is play chords on band in a box through the piano. i don't know how to get recorded music from my piano on band in a box. and i don't know where the manual is! lol

Amanda

JazzyTim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 02:01:57 pm »

Amanda

Tim 8)

but me and my dad tried and hook it up to band in a box before and all it would do is play chords on band in a box through the piano. i don't know how to get recorded music from my piano on band in a box. and i don't know where the manual is! lol

Amanda

you may have a problem, make sure you know where and under what directory you are saving your recorded work, but unless im there i can't fix it!

Tim
jazz: a form of native American music marked by improvisation, propulsive rythms, and polyphonic ensemble playing. in other word, Me

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 02:04:58 pm »

Amanda

Tim 8)

but me and my dad tried and hook it up to band in a box before and all it would do is play chords on band in a box through the piano. i don't know how to get recorded music from my piano on band in a box. and i don't know where the manual is! lol

Amanda

you may have a problem, make sure you know where and under what directory you are saving your recorded work, but unless im there i can't fix it!

Tim

oh like you can really fix it.  :roll:
do you have an electric piano?

Amanda

JazzyTim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 02:06:55 pm »

Amanda

Tim 8)

Amanda

Tim

Amanda

Im an expert, electric piano fixer upper,
and why have an electric piano when you can have a real one?
Tim

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 02:08:58 pm »

Amanda

Tim 8)

Amanda

Tim

Amanda

Tim

because you can record stuff on it. aaaaand, you can make it sound like different instruments

Amanda

JazzyTim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 02:09:51 pm »

Amanda

Tim 8)

Amanda

Tim

Amanda

Tim

because you can record stuff on it. aaaaand, you can make it sound like different instruments

WOW?!?!?
Surly you can't be serious

Amanda

JazzyManda

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 02:12:09 pm »
i am serious, and don't call me Surly

now stop posting in my thread! i need some real advice.   :razz:

Amanda

JazzyTim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 02:13:33 pm »
i am serious, and don't call me Surly

now stop posting in my thread! i need some real advice.   :razz:

Amanda

First of all it is real advice and second i need my number of posts to be boosted, so i can be amung the elite with 100's of posts
Tim