Author Topic: Liza Gibbons just said what the 1st single is!!!  (Read 16392 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Liza Gibbons just said what the 1st single is!!!
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2004, 04:15:32 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"
i just want her to have something catchy and radio friendly so that she succeeds and makes big bucks and in encouraged to make more music....

exactly what i was thinking. aparently there will be some guitar work though. maybe it's be popish

Amanda

Xenophanes

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2004, 06:33:26 pm »
I hope not too poppish. Hopefully, the first new single will reflect the sort of feel that Harmonium as a whole will have...people should finally hear her darker side! :twisted:

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2004, 06:38:36 pm »
yeah it should sound differerent than the BNN singles...i think non fans should hear a different side of her.

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2004, 06:41:11 pm »
I know that we all want to hear a deeper side of Vanessa, and I think she can express deep schtuff through a poppy sound. For the first single, she is going to HAVE to play it safe. She can't go out with some "Wanted" sounding song. I am nervous, yet anxious at the same time. We'll see....
Joe

LimeTwister

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2004, 06:50:53 pm »
i wonder the reaction of a "wanted" song would have...

Xenophanes

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2004, 08:15:13 pm »
Quote from: "Nagyovafan"
She can't go out with some "Wanted" sounding song.

O, Damn! Seeing people's reaction to that would make my day :D My guess, though, is that most non fans' reactions would range from mild surprise to something along the lines of the Pretty Baby ending fiasco...albeit not as unfavorable...

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2004, 05:03:31 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "blackvulture"
Quote from: "blueglove"
who  ever doubted me ha who call it... yea me lol just playing :lol:

*sticks foot in mouth*
I was wrong... but I still dont think its the right choice for summer.

well, they're not all about right choices up there in release nessa music land.

but morning sting is not a radio song to promote ur cd it is a good song but it is not a first single
Peace
-S

LimeTwister

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2004, 05:24:19 pm »
i wasn't talking about morning sting.

JazzyManda

• AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2004, 09:07:51 pm »
why do you guys think it's a winter song? ok, nvm, i can see why you would, but just because she wrote it in winter while it was snowing, and the name is White Houses doesn't mean it's about winter. might be about winter, might not be.
Amanda

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2004, 11:58:23 am »
reminds me of the white house...I'm so weird. lol

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Xenophanes

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2004, 12:11:55 pm »
I've always thought that White Houses had something to do with the roofs of houses being white....walking through a blizzard, Nessa probably would've seen snow covered houses...that's the only reason I can think it has to do with winter. However, I doubt the whole focus of the song is about the weather, or the way that houses look in a blizzard...my guess is that the prase "white houses" comes up maybe once or twice in the song, but the rest focuses on something completely different.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2004, 12:19:27 pm »
For the first single, she is going to HAVE to play it safe. She can't go out with some "Wanted" sounding song. I am nervous, yet anxious at the same time. We'll see....

Exactly. I am worried- like Limey said, they haven't chosen the best songs to release in the past. Its not because i care whether she produces radio-friendly music from a personal perspective, but in order for Vanessa to remain making music for us all to enjoy she has to have commercial success. And as much as i wish it weren't that way, its sadly true. If this single isn't radio-friendly, then i really have no idea what will happen.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Tia

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - littlemisscheekylives@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.graphic-interlude.com
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2004, 01:06:17 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
For the first single, she is going to HAVE to play it safe. She can't go out with some "Wanted" sounding song. I am nervous, yet anxious at the same time. We'll see....

Exactly. I am worried- like Limey said, they haven't chosen the best songs to release in the past. Its not because i care whether she produces radio-friendly music from a personal perspective, but in order for Vanessa to remain making music for us all to enjoy she has to have commercial success. And as much as i wish it weren't that way, its sadly true. If this single isn't radio-friendly, then i really have no idea what will happen.

Sad truths, huh... :cry:
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

I have faith in Vanessa. If she thinks White Houses will be a good first single, then it will be.
and im sure it will.
and im also sure that Vanessa had a little help with choosing the first single too. [she had help picking ATM, oviously everyone loved it, so there ya go,..to her surprise, Rinse wasnt the first single as she had hoped.](im just assuming that vanessa wanted rinse to be the first single, cause you know the album was originally sopposed to be called rinse, and she did make a 'pre-album version' of the song. and at the 'village underground performance' she was going "the single, the single" after she sung it. ... but i donno)

TSE

• MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2004, 01:29:11 pm »
Ordinary Day was going to be the first single, that's what she said at the BMI show and she said "the single the single" before OD, (yes after Rinse but before OD)