Author Topic: Something Wicked This Way Comes (the book)  (Read 1686 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Something Wicked This Way Comes (the book)
« on: March 30, 2004, 08:56:16 pm »
Has anybody read this book!? Or is reading it!? I am reading it now & it is really good, tho I get confused when Ray Bradbury starts using all of those confusing words & I'm like "huh!?" lol but I get the story & everything, but yeah what did you guys think of it if you read it? or if you are?

I'm almost done tho! I'm reading it for part of my 700 pages I gotta read for English. I actually got to meet Ray Bradbury that was back in like 7th grade tho haha I have his autograph in one of my books by him.

But I had a question. The only part of the story I'm a little confused about is he mentions The Illustrated Man. Isn't that another book? Because I remember we read a book about an Illustrated Man in 7th grade by him but I dunno if it was called that. I didn't come across it at the book store.

AND the title of this book is in the trailer for the new Harry Potter Movie, what is up with that? I was all  8O when I saw it, lol.

jjthefourth

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • ICQ Messenger - 50609941
    • MSN Messenger - jjthefourth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ConcordSix
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jjthefourth
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jjthefourth.com/
    • Email
I LOVE that book!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:22:48 pm »
Hurray!  Another Bradbury reader!  I LOVE that book.  I actually got to see the play version he made last fall.  Amazing piece of literature it is, just screams of imagination!

And the title of the book is taken from Macbeth, so that's why they used it in the Harry Potter trailer, because the line is uttered by one of the witches in the play.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Something Wicked This Way Comes (the book)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 05:19:23 pm »
I <3 Bradbury!  I haven't read his stuff in a while, I should dig it out again.  I wish they had gone through with the movie version of Farenheight 451 with Bruce Willis.  The 1970's version was good though.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach