Author Topic: M. Night Shyamalan  (Read 3311 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
M. Night Shyamalan
« on: May 04, 2004, 06:09:35 pm »
There are 2 words for this guy.  Pure genious.  He's the writer and director who did The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs.  Now he has a new movie, The Village, that looks to be outstanding.  I love his work for so many reasons (other than the fact he casts Joaquin Phoenix.  Yum.) His use of color, camera angles, cinemetography, music, suspense, dialogue...  Anyone else a fan?

Check out http://thevillage.movie.go.com  it's got movie info and hidden extras.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:12:44 pm »
he does what Stephen King movies try and FAIL to do.
Unbreakable sucked ass tho.
But the Sixth Sense & Signs are amazing! I cant wait for The Village.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 06:16:26 pm »
I agree about Unbreakable.  The plot was kind of boring.  But I think it's his best visually.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

BWilli

• MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 03:35:40 am »
very talented writer and director.  i've liked all his films so far, even Unbreakable....that may be because Bruce Willis is one of my fav. actors though

xxjenniferxx

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/xsorealx/Jesus.html
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 06:23:14 am »
SIGNS was very very weird but something about it gave me the chills...i never imagined it to be an alien movie also...

BWilli

• View Profile
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 08:55:34 am »
Quote from: "xxjenniferxx"
SIGNS was very very weird but something about it gave me the chills...i never imagined it to be an alien movie also...

thats the brilliance of it......he didn't focus too much on the aliens at all.....B...E...A...utifilly done....

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
my fave
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 05:53:57 pm »
Unbreakable is actually my favorite M Night Shyamalan film.  I like the "realistic" hero concept.  I look fwd to The Village.  M Night is one of the few original writer/directors out there.  His movies really make me think andscare me in a non-nightmarish way! (kinda like the Twilight Zone )
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

BWilli

• View Profile
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 05:09:42 am »
As if this guy isn't freaky (in a good way) enough........I saw him on TV yesterday morning and he was talking about his past films....

get this.......

The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs...and now The Village, all have the same running time of 107 minutes, which he says was not planned.....each script was different in length by like 20 to 30 pages....how weird is that shit........ 8O

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 06:35:42 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"
As if this guy isn't freaky (in a good way) enough........I saw him on TV yesterday morning and he was talking about his past films....

get this.......

The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs...and now The Village, all have the same running time of 107 minutes, which he says was not planned.....each script was different in length by like 20 to 30 pages....how weird is that shit........ 8O

wow, that's odd because usually one page of screenplay equals one minute of film.  After editing, etc, shouldn't all the screenplays be 107 pages?  Freaky.

BWilli

• View Profile
M. Night Shyamalan
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 03:33:04 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
Quote from: "BWilli"

get this.......

wow, that's odd because usually one page of screenplay equals one minute of film.  After editing, etc, shouldn't all the screenplays be 107 pages?  Freaky.

what are you?  some sorta screenwriter?   :razz:

technically your right....one page = one minute.....but when shooting a movie, there will always be some extra shots they add in, or vise versa.....