Author Topic: Clipped Wings  (Read 8498 times)

LimeTwister

Clipped Wings
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2004, 10:56:54 am »
are you just starting off...writing wise?

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Clipped Wings
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2004, 11:51:56 am »
writing music? or writing lyrics?
i've written lyrics forever, but i don't exactly have ron fair on john shanks to compose some beautiful melody to sing. i do what i can.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

LimeTwister

Clipped Wings
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2004, 11:59:16 am »
i meant writing lyrics.

I'm new with the music, too.

amberbeads

• View Profile
Clipped Wings
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2004, 01:13:19 pm »
yeah, i've been writing for about four years now. it's really funny to look at stuff i did as a freshmen and compare it to what i write now. i almost embarrass myself with how bad i was... i have about 15 sets of lyrics that i consider worthy of becoming songs; some of them have music (written by my best friend, not me this time) but most don't.
writing music is so slow-going. it's so hard to find something that works. even after i think i have something good, i'll suddenly realize it sucks.
how's doing music working for you?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

LimeTwister

Clipped Wings
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2004, 07:04:18 pm »
I feel mean...*sorry about my post.*

okay, it's great...but that's what I want to do for my career, lol.  I usually have to have the music done before the lyrics if I want music to it though...but the music part is easy/fun for me.  I don't read/write music, I do it all by my trusty guitar...which I get a little carried away with.

Lyric wise, I have been writing for almost 5 years...and yea, the stuff I wrote then I want to throw away now...it's so o.O.  But I hate most of the stuff I write, but everyone is like it's sooooo good...and I am like o.O (I am addicted to that o.O face).  It can get very frustrating at times...that's when I have to stop and do something else...one of my problems is I HATE editing.

amberbeads

• View Profile
Clipped Wings
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2004, 04:52:38 am »
out of the fifteen that i consider worthy, i only really like about five. so that kind of sucks. but i write all the time. sometimes i'll just sit down and write phrases i like, and then when i'm actually writing a song i'll go back and pull lines from lists i've made. it works out really well.
i just wish i had composition skills... i can play guitar and piano and read music, but i am not versed in theory at ALL. i really want to make something of myself... music is my passion. it's the only thing that gets me through the day.
and seriously, i can sing. i've been in every musical my school put on in high school. i had the lead in the last. i play talent shows and i sing in my church. i'm honestly not trying to be stuck-up; these are just the facts. sorry that my recording made me sound so bad. (this wasn't directly addressed to you, twister)  :(
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way