Author Topic: Ashlee Simpson  (Read 33281 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2004, 09:35:26 am »
Anybody who didn't catch it, check this (crap) out!

http://media.skoopy.com/vids/vid_00318.wmv

Gotta love that band!  That nut up and blames them at the end (like we don't all know exactly what happened) but they were the ones that made it all worth staying tuned! 8)
Dustin

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2004, 12:01:24 pm »
I didn't see it but I just saw something about it on the news. Apparently someone pushed the wrong button (at the end she blamed the band for playing the wrong song). I guess the main thing is that it is SN LIVE and she was lip singing/synching whatever and also she walked off. You gotta keep going, play it off, work it out something.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2004, 12:07:01 pm »
Quote from: "eclv"
I didn't see it but I just saw something about it on the news. Apparently someone pushed the wrong button (at the end she blamed the band for playing the wrong song). I guess the main thing is that it is SN LIVE and she was lip singing/synching whatever and also she walked off. You gotta keep going, play it off, work it out something.

yeah...she shoulda never walked off...

they just did an interview on the radio with her father (also manager), who said she hadn't been feeling well, so they decided to have the track running in the background, then as let just said, someone hit the wrong button.

emmy

• ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2004, 01:55:08 pm »
oh good, thanks for that link, I've been dying to know what happened, I heard a bunch of people talking about it.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2004, 02:45:33 pm »
Hah, she was sick. Niiiiiiiice cover up.

I knew she was a phony... just watched the video, that's pretty funny. And what was up with her dancing? o_O
Joe

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2004, 03:08:40 pm »
haha oops... how embarassing
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

emmy

• ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2004, 04:41:01 pm »
lol she just decided to have a hoe down, hahaha.  riiight.

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

LimeTwister

Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2004, 04:52:39 pm »
Quote from: "Emily"
lol she just decided to have a hoe down, hahaha.  riiight.

lol, i didn't get that.

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2004, 08:45:24 pm »
She rawked the RMAs tonight. She even made a joke of the SNL thing.

All the haters have been pwned.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2004, 09:00:14 pm »
this was posted on the bjmb by one of my good friends:

My uncle works for NBC. He use to intern at about a million different tv shows on NBC while still in college before getting a permanent job on News Channel 4. He saw a lot of everything that went on in each show especially SNL because he loves it!

Anyways, he knows all the tricks on the set especially when it came to the performance part. Half of the musical guests there lip sync at the request of the people in charge, artists you would never think of have done it! Because they just want it to sound right, be good, because after all it's live tv.

Ashlee's dad was on Z100 today saying the reason she was asked to lip sync was because she suffers from acid reflex and her vocal chords were swollen at that time and the producers didn't like how she sounded like a "frog" and her doctor told her not to strain herself. Her drummer was in charge of flipping a switch to start the new song but because of his headphones didn't hear what was playing, so the band just started playing the same song.

so yeah ...  i can see why they would want to use a recording, because either way she would have been criticized. if she sounded like crap people would have complained just as much probably. besides, it's not like she's the first singer to use backup or lip synch.  :razz:

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2004, 09:41:23 pm »
"La La" to Be Next Single
10/29/2004 12:05:16 PM - by geffen

Just announced: Ashlee's next single has just been changed from the previously announced title track "Autobiography" to "La La", you can now listen to a stream of "La La" in the downloads section.

Fuck yes.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2004, 02:15:37 am »
Quote from: "keith"
"La La" to Be Next Single
10/29/2004 12:05:16 PM - by geffen

Just announced: Ashlee's next single has just been changed from the previously announced title track "Autobiography" to "La La", you can now listen to a stream of "La La" in the downloads section.

Woot!! I love "La La"!  :D
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2004, 06:02:04 am »
NO! I wanted Autobiography!
Joe

Corrsgirl1

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2004, 07:46:58 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
this was posted on the bjmb by one of my good friends:

My uncle works for NBC. He use to intern at about a million different tv shows on NBC while still in college before getting a permanent job on News Channel 4. He saw a lot of everything that went on in each show especially SNL because he loves it!

Anyways, he knows all the tricks on the set especially when it came to the performance part. Half of the musical guests there lip sync at the request of the people in charge, artists you would never think of have done it! Because they just want it to sound right, be good, because after all it's live tv.

Ashlee's dad was on Z100 today saying the reason she was asked to lip sync was because she suffers from acid reflex and her vocal chords were swollen at that time and the producers didn't like how she sounded like a "frog" and her doctor told her not to strain herself. Her drummer was in charge of flipping a switch to start the new song but because of his headphones didn't hear what was playing, so the band just started playing the same song.

so yeah ...  i can see why they would want to use a recording, because either way she would have been criticized. if she sounded like crap people would have complained just as much probably. besides, it's not like she's the first singer to use backup or lip synch.  :razz:

Yeah but there's ALWAYS something wrong with here voice!! (just watch here show) mabey a stuipid idea but........if here voice cant take it then why is she a singer???
Pretty Baby...Leave Me Breathless!!!!!!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ashlee Simpson
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2004, 04:40:05 pm »
I was flipping when 60 Minutes was on but from what I saw. When she was at her soundcheck she left crying cause of her voice (losing itor what not). Then the head guy was interviewed and he said that he had no idea she was going to lip sync.