Author Topic: Brooks College  (Read 2019 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Brooks College
« on: June 21, 2004, 08:13:59 pm »
Okay since I assume that it will take forever for them to "contact me" does anyone here know anything about Brooks College? Like:

How much it is to get in

How hard it is to get in

What classes are you required to take if your going to a Community College for two years then transfering over to be in Graphics Designe

etc. etc. I just thought I'd post this here since I can't seem to find the answers on their website. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LimeTwister

Brooks College
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 08:34:33 pm »
okay! first thing is first...

You're going into community college...which means you will have a degree, I'd say try to use that at first.  If you don't feel like you're making what you think you could make, then think of the other 2-3 years of college.

Next, you have to be somewhat talented to do graphics...It gets hard and frustrating sometimes...I know you don't have to be, but I am going to ask...are you good in art?  I know there are a lot of graphic people out there that aren't, but you have to at least have a vision for things.

Also, you're the number one sig requester of all time...If this is what you're going into you might want to at least attempt to make your own.  They will, of course, teach you what you need to know, but it's better to get a running start.

If you're going to transfer, you're going to be focused mainly on core requirements that are given by the university.  Those all depend on the university.  A little search on google for  "Brooks College" got me these sites.

http://www.brookscollege.edu/

http://www.brookscollege.edu/graphicdesign.asp

Check them out and good luck!

Joey

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Brooks College
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 08:54:07 pm »
I have decided I want to go to Oxford and study psychology under an apple tree....
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

LimeTwister

Brooks College
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 08:55:30 pm »
Quote from: "sayyouwould"
I have decided I want to go to Oxford and study psychology under an apple tree....

good plan!

sayyouwould

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - xsayyouwouldx@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sayyouwould
    • View Profile
Brooks College
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 09:16:45 pm »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
Quote from: "sayyouwould"

good plan!

You know it brotha.
I rely on my illusions to keep me warm at night

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Brooks College
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 04:43:03 pm »
Thanks Limey that helped a lot. I was just interested in it. It wasn't a for sure thing. But I mean I can't like hand draw that well but on the computer I think I'd be good at it.

And I tried sig making. I know how to do all that (except for actually getting it so I can post it on a board, I can never figure that part out) so I think I'd be okay. It's just a thought of something I might be interested. Nothing yet for sure.

Thanks for the help!