Author Topic: "Vanessa Carlton Has Legs!"  (Read 2995 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
"Vanessa Carlton Has Legs!"
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:53:41 am »
http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=31623
July 21, 2004

Apparently, young piano player Vanessa Carlton had another life before she became a Pop star - that of a ballerina.  And in her upcoming video for her new single, "White Houses," she finally gets to prove it.  Carlton told MTV, "There's a bit of schizophrenia in the video.  I'm a musician who just sits there forever, and I'm someone who likes to jump around and move. I actually have legs!"  In the video, while Carlton sits at her piano and sings, another version of herself gets up and dances around and on the piano.

Of the song itself, she said, "It's about jealousy, it's about losing your virginity, it's about living on your own.  It's a story that most people can relate to, that chapter in your life from 16 to 25, where you're trying to figure out who you are, and you go through all these triumphs and tragedies on a daily basis, and how they shape you. It's really the journey of one girl and her perception of her environment and how she starts out as a wide-eyed person, but everyone gets hardened by life, but not necessarily to the point where you can't feel anymore — all these things, in one little snapshot of a song."  "White Houses" is the first single from Cartlon's upcoming disc Harmonium, which hits stores on October 19.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 10:09:03 am »
why exactly does she hold onto his secrets in white houses? why not just in her head, or in her heart, or where ever?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 12:09:43 pm »
and they is some nice legs too.... :D

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 12:33:30 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
why exactly does she hold onto his secrets in white houses? why not just in her head, or in her heart, or where ever?

the 'white houses' is like where everything took place, that time in her life
so its like everything that happened in that time stays sealed in that portion of her life
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 01:01:48 pm »
I think "secrets in white houses" refers to her childhood. Remember, Milford is a small country town. White houses are more predominant in the country, as far as my experiences go. All of a sudden, she's in NY in ballet school.

My opinion. NH.com needs to interview her again and clarify this issue.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 01:11:15 pm »
She holds onto secrets in "white houses" because, well, I don't think that is supposed to be taken literally. But it's white houses because white represents purity and innocence. A house is where you keep things that usually you like to keep close to you. So I think what she's saying is she holds on to these secrets that would taint her innocence and purity, in a place where nobody has to know about the secrets, while she appears to mantain her innocence and purity. Wow, I really hope everyone understood that.  :|

And, yes, Vanessa has very nice legs, indeed. Can't wait to see the dancing!
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

mothtoaflame

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004, 11:47:46 am »
I'm glad she finally decided to show off her other talents. She's a beautiful dancer.