Author Topic: Vanessa on TRL August 11th/White Houses Video Thread  (Read 37356 times)

Julie

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - juls21487@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - golddust214
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juls21487
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/julie214
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2004, 09:27:20 pm »
I was so excited for her premiere!  I love the song and the video!  Beautiful!!  She was adorable on TRL today!

I thoughter Harmonium was coming out on September 28th, they changed it to October 19th?   :roll:
"If only I could get into that corner of your head."

Xenophanes

Vanessa on TRL August 11th/White Houses Video Thread
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2004, 09:37:58 pm »
Quote from: "Steveau"
now we know what that guy in the green body suit was doing. He was onbiously either the rope operator or manually propping her up on some of the anti-gravity moves.

Well...I'm not sure now. I was watching it again, and it looks like the part where she rises up from her back is in slow motion. In the frame before that, it shows her push off from the ground with her arms. So it might actually just be her sort of jumping up off the ground, but slowed down so that it looks like she just rises up...I dunno, I'll have to watch it again.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2004, 10:04:07 pm »
Quote from: "Xenophanes"
now we know what that guy in the green body suit was doing. He was onbiously either the rope operator or manually propping her up on some of the anti-gravity moves.

Well...I'm not sure now. I was watching it again, and it looks like the part where she rises up from her back is in slow motion. In the frame before that, it shows her push off from the ground with her arms. So it might actually just be her sort of jumping up off the ground, but slowed down so that it looks like she just rises up...I dunno, I'll have to watch it again.

If it is real without any tricks I'm trying it on ice skates.  LOL  You should see me, I'm insane....not that you didn't already know that.

tylor

Xenophanes

« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2004, 10:25:56 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Quote from: "Xenophanes"

If it is real without any tricks I'm trying it on ice skates.  LOL  You should see me, I'm insane....not that you didn't already know that.

tylor

8O

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2004, 10:47:55 pm »
maybe it's just that my TV screen is messed up and the picture isnt clear... but i'm pretty sure that's not a guy in a white shirt in the corner, I think it's just a fake mannequin. or else, is there another person I haven't seen?

and also... listening to the video it sounds like she's saying "cracked leather seat", but in the CD rip, it sounds like she's saying "black leather seat".
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2004, 12:19:33 am »
On the TRL voting site you can vote if you just put in a fake birthday- and none of the other information- so just click random numbers and enter a random year and you're away. Who's gonna start the voting thread?

Oh, i also think that she probably would be able to do a lot of those moves- however, on that high stag jump she moves in a way that really looks like she's on wires- even though she could do that herself, so maybe they just tampered with some of the effects to make it look sort of matrix-y.

P.S do you know if anyone capped her appearance on TRL- and not just the video? I would be SO grateful if anyone has, i would love to see it since the international people won't get the chance any other way.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Blake

• **BANNED**
    • View Profile
    • http://www.LinkinPark.com
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2004, 12:45:05 am »
OH MY SIDE!!!!!!!!

I just saw it.

I'm speachless. *putting it on DVD*

Sig & Av By LJ User: Shinodaguitar

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2004, 05:35:31 am »
:!: Ok peeps - about the White Houses d/l available @vanessa-carlton.net

Is it me - or is the sound a bit scratchy in places? Sounds ordinary loud :o

DutchNessaHolic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton2003.tk
lol
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2004, 06:35:32 am »
yeah , it has some gliches in it.

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2004, 06:37:47 am »
does anyone have video of vc on TRL?

CheapandEvilgrl

• AOL Instant Messenger - Littlefish81
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2004, 07:32:27 am »
I didnt notice her looking like she was on wires or anything, and I think shes a strong enough dancer to leap that high. However, I guess for the slow motion perfectness effect they could have used ropes or a hidden guy partnering her. I didn't notice it at all though. *is oblivious*

I was in the city a was gonna try and stand outside TRL but then my dad picked me up and made me go home because it was supposed to thunder really bad. Of course, when I got home it was barely drizzling. *hates parents who don't realize she is 23 and won't die in the freakin rain.*

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2004, 07:35:25 am »
Quote from: "CheapandEvilgrl"
I didnt notice her looking like she was on wires or anything, and I think shes a strong enough dancer to leap that high. However, I guess for the slow motion perfectness effect they could have used ropes or a hidden guy partnering her. I didn't notice it at all though. *is oblivious*

I was in the city a was gonna try and stand outside TRL but then my dad picked me up and made me go home because it was supposed to thunder really bad. Of course, when I got home it was barely drizzling. *hates parents who don't realize she is 23 and won't die in the freakin rain.*

Nothing she does on there would be IMPOSSIBLE... just VERY hard.

Either way, I love the video.  Must get it on TRL!
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman

CheapandEvilgrl

• AOL Instant Messenger - Littlefish81
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2004, 08:33:29 am »
oh dear. I am now determined to learn the dance.
Ive got the last 16 bars down so far.  lol its pretty crazy

I thought she would do more traditional ballet but I kinda like the jazz/ballet combo.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2004, 09:22:02 am »
Quote from: "CheapandEvilgrl"

I thought she would do more traditional ballet but I kinda like the jazz/ballet combo.

Yeah, i thought so too. Some of the stuff is very contemporary though- mixed with yoga etc, i really like it!
"I'm all about the wordplay."