Author Topic: 2nd single?  (Read 39853 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Re: Make sense to me
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2004, 03:51:36 pm »
Quote from: "Afterglow"
:oops: I can't imagine a video for Private Radio.. I can't understand the lyric.. I need to study more and San Francisco would be a great single :lol:

I'll explain the lyrics to you. It's really, really straight-forward.
She can't sleep. She's up all night thinking about this guy she's totally in love with. She refers to the "song" he "plays" in her head as her "private radio."
That's it. The whole song.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
Take it easy
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 03:54:09 pm »
8) I'm not an Anti-Private Radio, I love it but I think it's not a song for a video. In Be Not Nobody I didn't like Ordinary day as a single but I loved the song, I loved the video but I'd prefer " Rinse " to be. It is my opinium.. O.K.! Get it as I freak
 :lol:

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

Xenophanes

2nd single?
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 04:24:22 pm »
I really think that Private Radio is just too short to be a single...barely 3 minutes! I think that Who's To Say has a good chance of being the next single, because...

a) It has a "poppy" enough feel to it to be such
b) She's been playing it, and not Private Radio, live in South America and live on Sessions.

I'm certainly not anti-Private Radio; I would love to see it be a single, but not the second one...just too short! :(

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Re: I think it's gonna be..
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 08:05:22 pm »
:o I was thinking and I think you're right. Streets have no name should be a single. But I think Vanessa can't do it because it's not her song. I think  :lol:

that rubban stutar guy did 'flying without wings' and it was a single and on the radio and made a music video, and that song belongs to westlife.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Lord Star

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 12:41:22 am »
Ok maybe it's Who's to Say....

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004, 06:41:53 am »
Quote from: "STARGiRL"
:o I was thinking and I think you're right. Streets have no name should be a single. But I think Vanessa can't do it because it's not her song. I think  :lol:

that rubban stutar guy did 'flying without wings' and it was a single and on the radio and made a music video, and that song belongs to westlife.

Lenny Kravitz released American Woman, Trisha Yearwood released How Do I Live?, Madonna released American Pie, Aerosmith released Come Together... the list goes on, she could release that song if she wanted to.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

Lord Star

• View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 01:12:18 am »
Who's to Say! ahehehe

Ok now I think "Who's to Say" will be  the next single because they're promoting Who's to Say.... with the backup vocals of Pharell Williams IN THE BIO section... just a thought

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
Thoughtless
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 01:22:15 pm »
:lol: I think Who's to say will be a single anyway. But I'm sure Private Radio will be too. :lol:

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

Lord Star

• View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 02:02:39 am »
Im hearing backup vocals in Who's to Say, but the voice sounds like a girl....

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 03:35:28 am »
Even though Who's To Say is my favorite song, I have to agree that Private Radio may be the next single....

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 04:13:08 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

Lenny Kravitz released American Woman, Trisha Yearwood released How Do I Live?, Madonna released American Pie, Aerosmith released Come Together... the list goes on, she could release that song if she wanted to.

God forbid the day she releases Streets Have No Name- she would be cut down so badly for it, oh and its not on the album either. PRIVATE RADIO ALL THE BLOODY WAY!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 05:07:02 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
Quote from: "amberbeads"

God forbid the day she releases Streets Have No Name- she would be cut down so badly for it, oh and its not on the album either. PRIVATE RADIO ALL THE BLOODY WAY!

WTF?  Why is that?

If Jessica Simpson can cover "Angels", Britney Spears can cover "Satisfaction", Uncle Cracker can cover "Drift Away" and 311 can cover "Love Song" then Vanessa Carlton can sure cover "Streets Have No Name" and make it a hit.

You overestimate the elitism of the average consumer, Rosie.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 06:12:52 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Yeah, that is a bit harsh Rosie...I think V's cover of Streets, with the (exception of Aerosmith) is better than the covers listed above by andrew

If it was going to be on the album, which we all know it isn't, it definately has the potential to be released as a single and become a hit.

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2004, 08:24:03 am »
I think logically the second single should be Private Radio, since it was originally going to be the first one, but I'm hoping it'll be San Francisco or Who's To Say, I think they could both do very well (and they're my favourites!)

About the Streets Have No Name thing, I see where Rosie is coming from. It's not that the cover isn't good - which it is! it's brilliant! - it's just that a) if she released that as single she'd be eaten alive by critics and b) she has much better songs (her own songs!) in the album that she can release instead of that and cause a much better impression. Just my opinion.

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

amberbeads

• View Profile
2nd single?
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2004, 08:27:43 am »
Quote from: "neos"
I think logically the second single should be Private Radio, since it was originally going to be the first one, but I'm hoping it'll be San Francisco or Who's To Say, I think they could both do very well (and they're my favourites!)

About the Streets Have No Name thing, I see where Rosie is coming from. It's not that the cover isn't good - which it is! it's brilliant! - it's just that a) if she released that as single she'd be eaten alive by critics and b) she has much better songs (her own songs!) in the album that she can release instead of that and cause a much better impression. Just my opinion.

c) IT'S NOT ON THE ALBUM!!!
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way