Author Topic: Will she extend her schedule to include us?  (Read 3510 times)

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Will she extend her schedule to include us?
« on: October 25, 2004, 05:56:53 am »
Why isn't Vanessa stopping anywhere I can get to on one tank of gas?  The whole St. Louis - Nashville - Memphis region is getting skipped right over.  How can any performer not stop in at least one of them, all of them being famous for their music?!  I wasn't able to get out and see her last time, and I so want to see her this time, but she's making it so difficult.
Dustin

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Re: Will she extend her schedule to include us?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 10:25:06 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Why isn't Vanessa stopping anywhere I can get to on one tank of gas?  The whole St. Louis - Nashville - Memphis region is getting skipped right over.  How can any performer not stop in at least one of them, all of them being famous for their music?!  I wasn't able to get out and see her last time, and I so want to see her this time, but she's making it so difficult.
famous for country music ;)

I think they will continue to add dates but we'll see =)  The US tour is fairly sparce.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

LikeAShootingStar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shannachaleefan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chaleefannat
    • View Profile
    • Email
not so country
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 01:19:48 pm »
We actually have a pretty  good alt. rock, pop scene in Nashville. It's growing by the day. Of course Country is the main staple but lots of rock acts come here. Vanessa could definitely find a venue here no problem. I can think of about 5 off the top of my head. Memphis is way more blues than country....St. Louis from waht I hear has a big rap scene. There's all sorts of music everywhere, just have to look for it. People say Nashville, you think country, but since I live here I don't lol...I think TOURISTS hah
-I will never see the sky the same way. And I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday and I will never cease to fly if held down. Cause I've seen, Cause I've seen, Twilight.-

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 07:11:29 am »
I believe she did play Nashville on her last tour, but I was otherwise indisposed and unable to get away from my work to make it.  Maybe I can talk a local college's student activities council into raising the $25000 to bring her in.
Dustin

LikeAShootingStar

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shannachaleefan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - chaleefannat
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 08:07:27 am »
If anyone could afford it. Belmont could. But I guess Nessa might be a little too liberal for that place lol. But the Belmont Events center would be a great place. She should play some place like 3rd and Lindsley...
-I will never see the sky the same way. And I will learn to say goodbye to yesterday and I will never cease to fly if held down. Cause I've seen, Cause I've seen, Twilight.-

zurielshimon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004, 10:10:28 am »
I remember last year the White Stripes were booked to play at the Ryman and I was all set to go, all I had to do was actually buy the tickets.  Then on the day I went to buy the tickets, I found out that the show had been indefinitely postponed due to a car accident in which Jack's hand was injured.  They were able to reschedule all the other shows except Nashville and one in Virginia.  Sucks!

But yes, I would be more than willing to travel to Nashville to see her!
Dustin