Author Topic: 10/30/2004: TLA - Philadelphia, PA (review)  (Read 22616 times)

smokedog90

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - supermick33
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - supermick13
    • View Profile
    • Email
10/30/2004: TLA - Philadelphia, PA (review)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 06:47:35 am »
What time did her set start?

Lexxy

• MSN Messenger - lexxy07111@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XXthisbitterpill
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/golden_sun_xoxo
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 07:08:56 am »
a crappy 30 second recording of Ordinary Day (here)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 07:19:58 am »
oh wow, i had such a great time  :D
hearing Morning Sting again was great, i heard the words and was like yay, i remember that part!
 :razz:

sucks though cause i HAD a tape recorder with me all up until the parking lot, then i got scared cause it wasnt mine(my brothers) and i thought they were going to search you and stuff..
so...
yeah i left it in the car :( which i regreted later cause they really didnt check you  :cry:

anywho i snuck a camera in and was snapping a few photos here and there. i think i got like 2 of the low millions and a bunch of Vanessa.
i gotta go get them developed, then i'll scan them!

....more later, i gotta go now!! :x

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 09:59:15 am »
ok so heres my whole day.

>>
blah blah blah, blah blah blah
so my parents drive me to my sisters appartment and then my mom desides to go with me and my sister because my brother-inlaw couldnt come .. so my dad just stayed at the appartment and waited for us to get back..

blah..

so the traffic was HORRABLE i thought i was gonna be late.. but it turns out we got to the parking lot place thingy at about 8:50 so we still had some time.
blah blah parked, freaked out, left my recorder in the car shamefully. put the camera in my moms purse and blah we walked like 1 block and were there, that parking lot was really close.
blah so we're in after seeing that they didnt really check people  :evil:
so anywho got the camera from my mom and told them im going as close to the front as possible, and blah blah i did. but was like i'd say about 5-6 rows of people from the stage. basically only moved up a tiny bit between those people & low millions part by the way, Low Millions RoX0Rz! wOO! :D  i <3ed nikki and elanor and the other songs too (100 blouses etc.) anywho i noticed i saw katia, and i was like is that katia?? then during the low millions show the guy from LM talked to her or something saying she was at the last show, and then i was like oh, it must be katia then  :lol:

after the LM show, i still couldnt move forward :-\
and there were strange people sitting on the floor next to me and it made me feel uncomfortable like i was gonna trip over them :?
so anywho randomly i see nicole turn around and say "Andrew!" and then motion for me to come over there, so there was my excuse to get up front so i was like weeeee, excuse me can i get through, and BAM! up front!
Thank yoU!!!!1
and blah blah blah i talked to people while waiting for Vanessa to come on.
 and then Vanessa just came on and sat down right away and started playing Papa without saying anything before :-\
but wOO nice song for an intro

papa --
of and she'd do these little things on the piano before each song and even while she was talking, it was so cool, but at first i was freaking out i thought, AHHHH! shes doing a new song!!!!!!!!!!!! then i was sadly mistaken  :oops:
 san francisco was great
ordinary day with devide and conquer lyrics! wonderful
 who's to say magical :wink:
 swindler ! yay!
 white houses! woo!
 afterglow sexy
 morning sting !! AH!!!! I was freaking out.
woOOOOO!
to be able to hear it again was such a great thing. as she sung it i was just so happy. i heard a line and thought - oooo i remember that.
<333333
It was great!

c'est la vie was done on the special piano, and she told us a story about how she accidently pressed the wrong thing on it and it started like playing a demo and she was worried that people might think that she was a lip-sinker(yeah i cant spell it) and it was funny cause shes like you never know who does that now a days ::coughsimpsoncough:: :wink:
it was great it sounds cool on that piano thingy

wanted was sexy

she float ooo so great, i wanted her to scream, but of corse she didnt.  :wink:  8)

rinse :: sexyyyy she told the story about her friend and blah blah blah.

half a week before the winter was great! right before it she said that her family was here, and that her HaWBtW was her mother's favorite song off the new album.she also mentioned that when she watches vampire movies that the moment when a vampire was just about to bite your neck, she thought it would feel wonderful  8O woah. yeah strange.. lol :lol:  she said like "well oh corse then the blood comes out and its horrable, but right at that moment, it just looks like it would feel good" or something like that.

annie was great. just so wonderful :D  i loved it :wink:
she mentioned about Victoria and that she's 4 and a half and that when she visited her or something, she held onto her neck and just wouldnt let go and she was whispering the words to her song into her ear, and it made her[vanessa] cry.

the wreckage --well she said how it wasnt a secret anymore about how its a secret track, and that we shouldnt stop after #10.
it was great, she said that shes like the worst driver ever and that her mom can prove it :wink: and that how she used to have dreams about just getting indo a car accident just for thrills. heh.

a thousand miles
she said she'll be playing this song for the rest of her life :lol:

*encore*
yeah she left the stage and the lights went off, but everyone kept on clapping and she came back like 1 minute later and played Twilight
twilight was great.
at the end she did a few poses and left.
the whole thing was so great, it's the best live performance thingy i've ever been to!!!!
i mean that.

i managed to take ...i'd say about 10 pictures of vanessa.
i cant get them developed today cause the place is closed on sunday, but i will very soon, i just hope the scanner quality is alright, and that the pictures turned out good :-\

bleh oh yeah and my toes were going numb near the end from stanging so long :-\
but its alright i just ignored it and i actually did forget about it because of Vanessa's wonderful music :razz:

grr stupid concrete floor.
and it WAS hot in there, Vanessa even said it was hot, lol she started playing a song then like 3 seconds into it and stoped and said it was hot :-\
thankfully they put the AC on but meh didnt help much
anywho

afterwards i went to the doorway outside thingy where i saw they were selling VC stuff!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
the Hoodie was sexy so i bought one!
and i got a Patch too.

but OMG!!! anyone else buy the Hoodie??????

Look at the back of it!!!
it says "HARMONIUIM" they spelled 'Harmonium' wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont care though, its still an awesome hoodie.
but lmao! they spelled Harmonium wrong! wtf? LMAO! thats so pathetic.
 :roll: if you all want i'll take a picture of it, and i can get it up today even cause i'll take the pic with my digital camera.

and WOAH on our way back, my sister got pulled over for speeding (speeding on a highway, and there were sirens[well maybe not sirens, but lights.. ]  :lol:
 :oops: ) yeah its a new car and she's not used to it yet, and it's all smooth riding and hard to tell how fast you're going unless you look at the speedometer.

well it pulled us over and there were two cops (this was the first time i was ever in a car that got pulled over :!:  :oops: ) wow, the guy at the driver seat window said that this was being audio and video taped! wtf? o_O whats up with that? .....weird.. and there was the other cop on the other side of the car and he was shining a flashlight st my face and all around the car and i was so nervious.. O_O ahhh.
blah blah blah $165 ticket  :cry:
that majorly sucks.
but whatever my night was SO awesome except for that minor thingy with the cops.
they're at full force on a halloween night :-\

anyway, WOAH! it was FOGGY!!!!!!!
so freakin foggy on the way back to her appartment! wow.

yeah yeah yeah so we got there, then left to go home, and its like 1:00 am or something  8O
so i basically slept the whole way back, and we got home at like 3:00 AM, but then we had to set the clocks back an hour, so really it was only 2:00 am YAY!  :twisted:  :D  heheh

then i was too tired to do anything so just plopped in bed and slept until now.
weeeeeeee.
so that was my magical day!
and yes, my mom and sister both liked the music!
 :D

if i think of anything else important to say, i will  :)

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 10:09:17 am »
aww Andrew is just so adorable!

You were too tall... that is why I asked you how old you were!  And you are very welcome... I  could tell you wanted to move up so I purposely called you out really loud. :)

I bought a hoodie too but I did not notice the mispelling! I just gawked at it and threw it in my car.  

I am soooooooooooo beat after all this traveling! I will enjoiy my peaceful train ride into NYC for my other show tonight.
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

emmy

• ICQ Messenger - 62879091
    • MSN Messenger - emilyct84@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ieatpijunz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ceruleantown.com/
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 10:12:11 am »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"

it says "HARMONIUIM" they spelled 'Harmonium' wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG *looks at hoodie*
I SO did not realize that!  ROFL!!!!!!!

katiakaysha: I MUST DO MY PEEPEES

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2004, 10:34:19 am »
I'm gonna hafta buy one just for that...

this is pretty crazy, there are lots of mistakes on the liner notes too... Interscope needs a QA dept me thinks.
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Lexxy

• MSN Messenger - lexxy07111@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XXthisbitterpill
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/golden_sun_xoxo
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2004, 10:35:37 am »
after standing since 1PM (my mom made me go to the mall and walk around all afternoon) i felt like falling over, but, here are 3 pictures i took. They arent very good because my camera doesnt take good non-flash pictures and there were like 2 really tall dudes standing in front of me. LOL.

There was a car wreck on the way home and I kept thinking of when Vanessa played "The Wreckage". hahaha

Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
White Houses
Wanted
Wanted 2
A Thousand Miles
Twilight

a few other things...
this morning i woke up and my mom was BLASTING my Vanessa mix cd that i made last night. LOL

and um a picture taken when i was waiting in line. I cut my mom out because i dont think shed want her picture posted haha...i'm on the left and i look like total shit.
click

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2004, 10:39:24 am »
Quote from: "Emily"

OMG *looks at hoodie*
I SO did not realize that!  ROFL!!!!!!!

You guys have to post pics of this (please)!  I wonder if the typo is on any of the other new merchandise...
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2004, 10:46:16 am »

it is kind of hard to see, even on the actual shirt, but there is an extra I in there, that isn't supposed to be there.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2004, 10:54:51 am »
Quote from: "Lexxy"
after standing since 1PM (my mom made me go to the mall and walk around all afternoon) i felt like falling over, but, here are 3 pictures i took. They arent very good because my camera doesnt take good non-flash pictures and there were like 2 really tall dudes standing in front of me. LOL.

There was a car wreck on the way home and I kept thinking of when Vanessa played "The Wreckage". hahaha

Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
White Houses
Wanted
Wanted 2
A Thousand Miles
Twilight

oh yeah!

something i forgot to mention, right as i was walking back to the parking lot after the show, i saw this car ram into the back of the one infront if it!
i was like, oooo, that sucks...heh 8) and i'll get right on that picture!

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2004, 10:56:21 am »
Quote from: "Emily"

it is kind of hard to see, even on the actual shirt, but there is an extra I in there, that isn't supposed to be there.

whoops Emily beat me to it, but i'll take a picture of the whole thing.
:-\

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2004, 10:58:51 am »

whoops Emily beat me to it, but i'll take a picture of the whole thing.
:-\

Hehe, yeah, I couldn't get the whole thing since I just threw the shirt in my scanner.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2004, 11:11:01 am »

front logo

back logo

its nice.
i got a large, but i shouldve gotten an extra large :-\ oh well, it still fits me ok. i'll wear it :)

$25

emmy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2004, 11:14:08 am »
I thought it was a pretty nice hoodie for 25... weren't the hoodies last tour like 40?  Maybe they realized there was a mess up and decided to make it cheaper.