Author Topic: "One Day Left" by Michael Moore  (Read 10179 times)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: "One Day Left" by Michael Moore
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004, 08:07:31 am »
Quote from: "Michael Moore"

To George W.:

I know it’s gotta be rough for you right now. Hey, we’ve all been there. “You’re fired” are two horrible words when put together in that order. Bin Laden surfacing this weekend to remind the American people of your total and complete failure to capture him was a cruel trick or treat. But there he was. 3,000 people were killed and he’s laughing in your face. Why did you stop our Special Forces from going after him? Why did you forget about bin Laden on the DAY AFTER 9/11 and tell your terrorism czar to concentrate on Iraq instead?
         There he was, OBL, all tan and rested and on videotape (hey, did you get the feeling that he had a bootleg of my movie? Are there DVD players in those caves in Afghanistan?)
         Speaking of my movie – can I ask you a personal question before we part ways for good on Tuesday? Why did you and your friends fund SIX “documentaries” trashing me -- but only ONE film against Kerry? C’mon, he was the candidate, not me. What a waste of your time and resources! Sure, I know what your pollsters told you, that the film had convinced some people to vote you out. I just want you to know that that was not my original intent. Funny things happen at the movies. Hope you get to see a few at the multiplex in Waco. It’s a great way to relax.

To John Kerry:

Thank you.
         And don’t worry – none of us are going away after you are inaugurated. We’ll be there to hold your hand and keep you honest. Don’t let us down. We’re betting you won’t. So is the rest of the world.

That’s it. See you at the polls – and at the victory party tomorrow night.

Somewhere...Michael Moore is sobbing with his face in a tub of Ben and Jerry's...and I couldn't be more pleased.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
"One Day Left" by Michael Moore
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004, 08:08:43 am »
Quote from: "tricia"

I would, however, like to read about specific examples about how Bush and Bush alone is the cause of problems in Brazil.  Iraq, sure...Afghanistan, I get it.  Brazil?  I haven't heard a thing.  I'd appreciate being enlightened.

Well since its something you clearly don't have any experience of, i don't expect you to understand.  The decisions your president makes have an indirect/often direct effect on the ways in which our economies work (for instance; Steel, Oil and boycotts on food), the ethical situation in countries (detaining innocent British prisoners in Guantanamo Bay) and our foreign policy (Europe's attitude to the Middle Eastern peace process for example). Moreover, the obvious implication of your decision to go to war- and the subsequent death of 100s of British Troops and hostages. Your country and president affects our life on a daily basis- and not just from a moral standpoint. Thats something people in America seem to forget all too readily.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Scotty

• MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004, 08:12:06 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

I would, however, like to read about specific examples about how Bush and Bush alone is the cause of problems in Brazil.  Iraq, sure...Afghanistan, I get it.  Brazil?  I haven't heard a thing.  I'd appreciate being enlightened.

Well since its something you clearly don't have any experience of, i don't expect you to understand.  The decisions your president makes have an indirect/often direct effect on the ways in which our economies work (for instance; Steel, Oil and boycotts on food), the ethical situation in countries (detaining innocent British prisoners in Guantanamo Bay) and our foreign policy (Europe's attitude to the Middle Eastern peace process for example). Your country and president affects our life on a daily basis- and not just from a moral standpoint. Thats something people in America seem to forget all too readily.

amen. 8)

Fuel is extortionate.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2004, 08:15:26 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

Well since its something you clearly don't have any experience of, i don't expect you to understand.  The decisions your president makes have an indirect/often direct effect on the ways in which our economies work (for instance; Steel, Oil and boycotts on food), the ethical situation in countries (detaining innocent British prisoners in Guantanamo Bay) and our foreign policy (Europe's attitude to the Middle Eastern peace process for example). Moreover, the obvious implication of your decision to go to war- and the subsequent death of 100s of British Troops and hostages. Your country and president affects our life on a daily basis- and not just from a moral standpoint. Thats something people in America seem to forget all too readily.

I specifically asked about Brazil.  I know British and other European troops have died.  Brazil has NO troops in Iraq.  I know Europe has economic problems...so do we.  I wondered if it was more than economy in Brazil.  She sent me a PM about the economic troubles in Brazil, and that was fine.  It was all I asked for.  I know about Europe.  That's why I didn't ask about it.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:22 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 08:17:34 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

I'll be the first to say it:  ??!?!??????????

Nevermind...I get it.  LOL

That's what I get for listening to CDs instead of the radio...

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 08:20:21 am »

I'll be the first to say it:  ??!?!??????????

KERRY CONCEDED.... :!:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 08:21:27 am »
I couldn't stand another 2000.  :?

I'm glad it's finally over.

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 08:24:15 am »
Word. I was so irritated when this morning the Secretary of Ohio said we had 11 days to count the ballots... I was like, screw that. That's just ridiculous.
But props to Kerry, it takes a big man to admit when he's lost.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

tricia

• Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 08:28:20 am »
Word. I was so irritated when this morning the Secretary of Ohio said we had 11 days to count the ballots... I was like, screw that. That's just ridiculous.
But props to Kerry, it takes a big man to admit when he's lost.

It does!

Props to Kerry indeed.  It was a close one.  Both sides gave it their best.