Author Topic: Swimming Pool  (Read 3541 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Swimming Pool
« on: November 08, 2004, 09:47:32 am »
Has anyone else seen this film, and if so, what's your take on it?

freshlettuce

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - essaychic
    • View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 10:30:57 pm »
Haha, Nicole and I went to see this and dragged along her younger brother who had wanted to see Freddy vs. Jason instead.

My take on this film?

Young, hot French girls with rockin' bodies like to sleep with UGLY French men that are old and perverted.

loveplasticlove

• Moderators
  • You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - loveplasticlove
    • View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 02:00:41 am »
Quote from: "freshlettuce"
Haha, Nicole and I went to see this and dragged along her younger brother who had wanted to see Freddy vs. Jason instead.

My take on this film?

Young, hot French girls with rockin' bodies like to sleep with UGLY French men that are old and perverted.

SERIOUSLY! too much titty! and the guys EWW haha remember the corny guy with the boner in the speedo! That's my fave part!
"I'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exist."  -Marilyn Manson
SuperScientific: I have a eggroll to shove in your rice patty lol

BWilli

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 04:32:04 am »
okay....but what about the story?  who was Julie really?  and who was Julia at the end?  and what was with that finaly scene where Sarah is waving to Julia, then waving to Julie?

freshlettuce

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 10:35:46 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
okay....but what about the story?  who was Julie really?  and who was Julia at the end?  and what was with that finaly scene where Sarah is waving to Julia, then waving to Julie?

Okayokayokay, I'll be serious for a second.

I was definitely scratching my head at the end and wondering what really happened and what was simply made up in the author's head.  It's been over a year since I've seen this film so I may have forgotten key details, but that whole time that she was in France could have been imagined, and she needed the inspiration of the French country side to be able to write a different kind of book than she usually does.

freshlettuce

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 10:40:12 am »
Quote from: "loveplasticlove"

My take on this film?

SERIOUSLY! too much titty! and the guys EWW haha remember the corny guy with the boner in the speedo! That's my fave part!

Haha, that was a classic moment!  I was like, what's that thing in his swimsuit?  I honestly had no idea at the time.  Damn, when did we see that movie?  Geez, you'd think it was 2 years ago.

But another great part was when the author got naked for the old gardener and we saw her muff which was totally ungroomed.  (Yikes!)  Is that the best irony or what?

BWilli

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 11:35:14 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"

Okayokayokay, I'll be serious for a second.

I was definitely scratching my head at the end and wondering what really happened and what was simply made up in the author's head.  It's been over a year since I've seen this film so I may have forgotten key details, but that whole time that she was in France could have been imagined, and she needed the inspiration of the French country side to be able to write a different kind of book than she usually does.

yeah...that's a lot of people's theories as well....that she made Julie up while she was in France...and it was just so she could get a story for her book....

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Swimming Pool
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 08:20:22 pm »
nicole and i discussed this film before --- my take -- could they get any uglier french men to be naked on film? gross!!! It makes way more since on the dvd -- when you watch the extras ...
so rent it
xoxo

freshlettuce

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2004, 01:29:35 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
nicole and i discussed this film before --- my take -- could they get any uglier french men to be naked on film? gross!!! It makes way more since on the dvd -- when you watch the extras ...
so rent it
xoxo

I'll watch the extras only if you promise there aren't 10,000 deleted scenes on it featuring the French girl having more sex with ugly, French men.  :icky:

Where was Olivier Martinez when they were making this film? Ugh.

BWilli

• View Profile
Swimming Pool
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2004, 09:59:14 am »
the only extras are the delted scenes...there are a lot, but mostly of Sarah just walking around...