Author Topic: Harmonium booklet insert /poster thingy discussion  (Read 9826 times)

Sharona PianoBea

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • PianoBea Music
Harmonium booklet insert /poster thingy discussion
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2004, 09:07:13 pm »
I bet the "pretty girls in dresses always look sad" thing was written by Stephan.
"We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams."

www.pianobea.com
www.yoursharona.com

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2004, 09:10:12 pm »
Have might have... It sort of looks like his handwriting but it's a little hard to tell.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - chunkiechuck17@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/chunkiechuck/msredd.html
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 09:04:40 pm »
Quote from: "AFallingStar"
I have found SO many typos in this book......  :?

Also I dunno if anyone else has said anything about this, but on half a week it's, "THAT HE brings before he runs," not "DADDY". Now the million dollar question....WHO is "he?"

Your's says "Daddy?" Hmmm... strange. Mine says he.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 08:47:20 am »
Quote from: "Ms.Redd"
Quote from: "AFallingStar"
I have found SO many typos in this book......  :?

Also I dunno if anyone else has said anything about this, but on half a week it's, "THAT HE brings before he runs," not "DADDY". Now the million dollar question....WHO is "he?"

Your's says "Daddy?" Hmmm... strange. Mine says he.

no, you misunderstood.
thats not what she meant.

she was refurring to when we though the lyrics were "daddy brings before he runs" ...
all the booklet thingys say "that he", which is correct.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 09:22:12 am »
Oooh, I see. ( I wasn't around for some time, so I'm a wee bit outta the loop here, mind you. ;) )

Yeah, I love the CD totally. It's a lot more mysterious then Be Not Nobody...

Her songs have so many possible meanings...

Oh, and my sister, my husband and me all think that Ben and me running away helped inspire her to write Who's To Say. (You know, she obvsiously knew if she ever signed on to her site... there was apparently that MALLORY IS MISSING!! thread bumped to top the whole while....)

Not to say that she called them up and asked for the whole story and background, but think of it how she wrote Annie. She knew a girl, Victoria, and she was inspired to write about it.

For example:

...shine so bright when you're around...
(how we felt but) they tell us slow, we're too young, you need to wait (which is what our parents continually told us no matter what the circumstances) Well speeds the key and they don't know who we are (becoming so sick of being told how to love and fall in love, feeding the fire to young, so called fast love) who's to say we're not good enough, who's to say that this is not our love (obvious ever present emotions)

mother don't tell me friends are the ones that I lose, cause they'd bleed before you (something I was told was that I need to keep my friends, mainly those who were female, anybody but Ben) sometimes family are the ones you choose, its too late now, I hold on to this life I've found (double meaning I think here, I choose Ben to be my family, the life that I've found and I'm not going to choose my old family over him, my new family)

whos to say we won't burn it out, whos to say we wont sink in doubt, whos to say we won't fade to grey, who are they anyway, they don't know (this whole part is about not being given the chance to fail, therefore not being given the chance to succeed, as well as dismissing the pain it causes to look positively ahead)

and you say we're too young but maybe your too old to remember (something SO true) and I try to pretend but I just feel when we're together (we were allowed to be together with parents and groups but were basically commanded to not feel anything) and if you don't believe me you never really knew us ("we're not too young, why don't you have that faith??") you never really knew (at all)

you and I packing up my room, we feel alright, (THIS DID HAPPEN... Ben and me went back to my house, went upstairs and threw my clothes into suitacases and garbage bags totally calm and ready to do what we were about to do) but we're not welcome (we felt nobody could accept us) soon we'll be driving (2month road trip here we come...) cause they don't know who we are. (feed the fire too much, it explodes)

whos to say we won't stay together, whos to say we're not getting stronger (now that we're gone we'll have our chance to be successful) whos to say I can't live without you (we'll show them now) who are they anyway, they don't know (and this is where their arrogance to accept us brought them)

....stand up boy, I shine so bright when you're around (we showed 'em, and no one can tear us apart anymore.)

Now, I know she didn't know that what she wrote was right on the nose, but I certainly believe that she got an idea or two for this song from what happened.

Anyone else think so?

MyStellarParadise

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iHUMPforrestGUMP
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/cubannena914
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2004, 11:05:49 am »
oh yeah, i remember on the OMB all the post about u, so yeah, its possible that its about u, thats cool....
Speeding into the horizon
Dreaming of the sirens
Wishing for broken glass on a highway
It could be so easy

The Wreckage~Vanessa Carlton

TurnOnTheStars

• AOL Instant Messenger - xTurnOnTheStarsX
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2004, 11:25:00 am »
im thinking whos to say is about her own relationship which could be very similar to yours

Lord Star

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 07:46:27 pm »
From what I know

She said that its a very personal song, so maybe its just a coincidence that you can relate soooo much to Who's to Say.

Ms.Redd

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 08:05:13 pm »
Yeah its probably just a big coincidence, but like you said, its really personal for me too.

Either way this is one of the best songs on the CD....

TurnOnTheStars

• AOL Instant Messenger - xTurnOnTheStarsX
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 08:41:18 pm »
Yeah its probably just a big coincidence, but like you said, its really personal for me too.

its my favorite!  :D

Lord Star

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - solarianni
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2004, 11:21:59 pm »
Quote from: "TurnOnTheStars"

its my favorite!  :D

I agree! :D

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 10:01:33 am »
Who's to say is EXACTLY me right now. I can relate to that song so freaking much....omg lol

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

twilightstar530

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - blacklitstar
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2004, 02:44:42 pm »
Oooh, I see. ( I wasn't around for some time, so I'm a wee bit outta the loop here, mind you. ;) )

Yeah, I love the CD totally. It's a lot more mysterious then Be Not Nobody...

Her songs have so many possible meanings...

Oh, and my sister, my husband and me all think that Ben and me running away helped inspire her to write Who's To Say. (You know, she obvsiously knew if she ever signed on to her site... there was apparently that MALLORY IS MISSING!! thread bumped to top the whole while....)

Not to say that she called them up and asked for the whole story and background, but think of it how she wrote Annie. She knew a girl, Victoria, and she was inspired to write about it.

For example:

...shine so bright when you're around...
(how we felt but) they tell us slow, we're too young, you need to wait (which is what our parents continually told us no matter what the circumstances) Well speeds the key and they don't know who we are (becoming so sick of being told how to love and fall in love, feeding the fire to young, so called fast love) who's to say we're not good enough, who's to say that this is not our love (obvious ever present emotions)

mother don't tell me friends are the ones that I lose, cause they'd bleed before you (something I was told was that I need to keep my friends, mainly those who were female, anybody but Ben) sometimes family are the ones you choose, its too late now, I hold on to this life I've found (double meaning I think here, I choose Ben to be my family, the life that I've found and I'm not going to choose my old family over him, my new family)

whos to say we won't burn it out, whos to say we wont sink in doubt, whos to say we won't fade to grey, who are they anyway, they don't know (this whole part is about not being given the chance to fail, therefore not being given the chance to succeed, as well as dismissing the pain it causes to look positively ahead)

and you say we're too young but maybe your too old to remember (something SO true) and I try to pretend but I just feel when we're together (we were allowed to be together with parents and groups but were basically commanded to not feel anything) and if you don't believe me you never really knew us ("we're not too young, why don't you have that faith??") you never really knew (at all)

you and I packing up my room, we feel alright, (THIS DID HAPPEN... Ben and me went back to my house, went upstairs and threw my clothes into suitacases and garbage bags totally calm and ready to do what we were about to do) but we're not welcome (we felt nobody could accept us) soon we'll be driving (2month road trip here we come...) cause they don't know who we are. (feed the fire too much, it explodes)

whos to say we won't stay together, whos to say we're not getting stronger (now that we're gone we'll have our chance to be successful) whos to say I can't live without you (we'll show them now) who are they anyway, they don't know (and this is where their arrogance to accept us brought them)

....stand up boy, I shine so bright when you're around (we showed 'em, and no one can tear us apart anymore.)

Now, I know she didn't know that what she wrote was right on the nose, but I certainly believe that she got an idea or two for this song from what happened.

Anyone else think so?

That's like EXACTLY what my sister and her than boyfriend-now husband did. This new year is the two year mark of when they left! Haha. But yah whenever I listen to Who's to Say I totally think of my sister and her husband cause their relationship is exactly like that. And I feel bad cause my parents are being so stupid about the whole thing. *sigh*

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2004, 04:32:57 pm »
Who's to Say definitely describes my brother and his wife as of August. My dad almost never talks to him anymore, and Alison's (my brother's wife) says they're no longer on speaking terms. 8O (lucky) lol
My dad STILL complains about how my brother was way too young to get married, (he's 22) however, my dad was 25 when he got married! psshh such hypocrites parents are. :wink: The great news about all this is when I get in a serious relationship or if I decide to get married, my dad will go ballistic, but at least I'll know how to handle it a little better.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The Spelling Errors in Harmonium
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 04:26:19 pm »
Is it just me, or did it seem like the lyrics in V's booklet thingy, from Harmonium have a lot of typos?  Like the font change in White Houses, the mispelling of Mahogony in HWBTW, saying "got not secrets though I'm told" in She Floats when it is "God knows secrets though I'm told", also the little ending in Private Radio that wasn't even included in there, and in C'est la Vie it says "the strength within a perfect harmony" when it is "the truth within a perfect harmony" oh well, I just thought maybe she would have proof-read it or something, it really doesn't matter.....

Peace.

:?  :?

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...