Author Topic: Some Help  (Read 2717 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Some Help
« on: January 02, 2005, 08:41:39 am »
Well, a couple of months ago after my Grandfather had his surgery I thought he was going to get better.

A month ago I found out the cancer had come back.

The doctors said with high doses of Chemo he had 6 months.

2 weeks later those 6 months turned to 3 months.

A week later it was day by day.

My Grandfather died the day before Christmas Eve. My life feels so empty now without him. I can't sleep because I saw him die in front of me and its scary seeing that over and over again every day.

What pisses me off is that the Mortuary gave us the smallest room of all, when we booked and paid for the Chapel room. They didn't expect us to have so many people, they opened another but that still didn't help. The cards with the prayers were also wrong. And they rushed us during the burial.

My grandfather was the kindest man, I loved him so much, I miss him more than anything.

I'm very close to all my family, and this is the first person that I've known and loved very much who has died. It has been very hard and I cry every day but my tears don't help ease my pain.

How did you get through life after the loss of a loved one?

I dont know if I'll be coming back, I do want to read what you all have said, and I know some of you might pray for my grandfather.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
Some Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 12:12:51 pm »
My God.... I'm so sorry.... I have no words right now......... That's too sad.... My grandmother has died and I miss her.. It's hard to live with it...
I really don't know what to say... I'm so sorry......

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Re: Some Help
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 05:58:05 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
Well, a couple of months ago after my Grandfather had his surgery I thought he was going to get better.

A month ago I found out the cancer had come back.

The doctors said with high doses of Chemo he had 6 months.

2 weeks later those 6 months turned to 3 months.

A week later it was day by day.

My Grandfather died the day before Christmas Eve. My life feels so empty now without him. I can't sleep because I saw him die in front of me and its scary seeing that over and over again every day.

What pisses me off is that the Mortuary gave us the smallest room of all, when we booked and paid for the Chapel room. They didn't expect us to have so many people, they opened another but that still didn't help. The cards with the prayers were also wrong. And they rushed us during the burial.

My grandfather was the kindest man, I loved him so much, I miss him more than anything.

I'm very close to all my family, and this is the first person that I've known and loved very much who has died. It has been very hard and I cry every day but my tears don't help ease my pain.

How did you get through life after the loss of a loved one?

I dont know if I'll be coming back, I do want to read what you all have said, and I know some of you might pray for my grandfather.

I can relate to a lot of this. I'm deeply sorry for all of this. My grandmother died in March of '04. She was the coolest old person ever, a Vanessa Carlton fan, and the first person to ever believe in my love of music. When she was dying, I would record songs for her on my tape player and she would listen to them in her hospital room. Also, one time when she was on so much morphine, she lost most touch of reality, mumbling incohernitly, but she leaned over to my mom and said to her "Tell Ky I love her," which was the last thing she ever said that made sense. I never went to the hospital, because I always was too afraid. So, I think being there when your grandfather died shows a great strength. For a long time, I felt horrible because I decided I was too scared to see her in such a bad condition. When she died my thoughts toward music were "What's the point now?" Looking back, I think that I've matured a lot since then. I didn't give up on music, fortunately. After awhile, it inspired me to work even harder. You'll be able to find something in you to keep going that your grandfather would be extremely proud of. Good luck. You'll be in my prayers.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Some Help
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 06:47:09 pm »
Awwww..... *hugs*

My grandfather died last year. I saw him the last time he was awake. He couldn't even speak. It was so sad. When we left, he went to sleep and never woke up. Time has made things better. Even though I regret that he isn't gonna see me graduate, I remember all the fun times we had together.

Just get lots of hugs and don't be afraid to cry.

Dunno if you're Christian or not... but there is a wonderful song by Jeremy Camp called "I Will Walk By Faith." The chorus is really powerful if you listen to the recording....

And I will walk by faith
Even when I cannot see
Because this broken road
Prepares you will for me

Your family is in my prayers. I hope you're feeling better soon. I know how much this stuff sucks. :-\
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

bigvato187

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bigvato187@hotma
    • View Profile
im so sorry
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:21:53 pm »
hey amanda im so sorry about your grandpa and  also, im so so sorry that i  was a jerk  to you, I hope you could forgive me   :cry:

Chloe

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - evanessa831
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Nessaholic831
    • View Profile
    • Email
Some Help
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 10:07:58 am »
Awwww Manda.... *hugs* I know how this feels. My grandma was diagnosed with colon cancer, hepatitis C, and diabetes in the same week back in 2002... she had colon surgery and chemotherapy has been cancer free since early 2003, but she needs to have a liver transplant. She can't get one till she's been cancer free for at least 5 years. I look at her today and wonder if she's even the same person I used to know. It's hard.

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. Just remember that he's not suffering anymore and he's happy and always watching over you. Hang in there

Things are going crazy and I'm not sure who to blame...
November 9th 2004...H a r m o n i u m!!!
Spare me just three last words, I love you is all she heard...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Some Help
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 04:04:40 pm »
Everyone handles grief differently. I can't really help as far as telling you how to deal with it because it's probably different for you than it was for me. My grandfather died when I was 10 and I remember not crying at all until they played Ave Maria at the funeral and then I just started crying uncontrollably and couldn't stop crying. I cried so much that I had a sore throat for the rest of the day. I've also had many friends die young too so death has become very common in my life. I've also had to face my own mortality when I was 13 so I know it from both sides.
I'm sorry to hear of your story but I can assure you that it will get better.

Julie

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - juls21487@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - golddust214
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juls21487
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/julie214
    • Email
Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 05:58:24 pm »
Well, my dog, Chip died when he was 11 on May 14th, 2001 and it was one of the hardest and saddest days of my life.  He is family no matter what anyone says.  Pets are just as much your family as your parents are in my opinion.  Anyways, time healed, but I still miss him so much.  It really has left a hole in my heart but I know I will see him again in Heaven and that is what helps the most...knowing I will see him again.

I'm so sorry for your loss and all I can do is send an e-hug your way.
"If only I could get into that corner of your head."