Author Topic: Vanessa Hearings  (Read 52919 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2008, 07:07:28 pm »
My mom hears ATM all the time now, on the radio station that used to play hom all the time. i dont get it. why would they take hom off and play atm again??

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2008, 04:26:54 am »
The store I work at plays "ATM" constantly.

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2008, 07:28:01 am »
so i was at glamour's women of the year awards. they had had short videos preceeding each honoree and i realized condoleezza rice's vid used the "home" outro! :]
formerly fish_for__stars.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2008, 08:11:51 am »
^

awesome! :D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2008, 07:58:42 am »
as im sure most of you do i constantly hear atm on the radio.  i think it's great, im glad it made an impact with radio and is still in decent rotation after 6 years....i also hear big yellow taxi from time to time....

i don't wanna give it
why you wanna give it
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:29 am »
atm on american idol....didn't watch it..i really dont watch tv but theres tons of articles online talking about this girls rendition of atm

and i also hear big yellow taxi on the regular on jack fm here in la(its playing now haha)

ohhh bop bop!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
I heard Big Yellow Taxi at the dentist office when I was getting a root canal a couple of months ago...

prfectbinature

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »
freaked out today when i heard Heroes and Thieves very randomly in Subway. lol the workers stared at me as my friend and i started very loudly singing along. was very fun.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2009, 08:12:59 pm »
my friend told me that he heard White Houses on an XM radio today.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2009, 05:08:28 pm »
Quote from: "Ms.Arwen"
I heard Big Yellow Taxi at the dentist office when I was getting a root canal a couple of months ago...

I heard it at the dentist too!

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vanessa Hearings
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2009, 11:51:40 pm »
I'm going to count this as a Vanessa hearing although it was the Dancing With The Stars band that played/sang it. Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas used Ordinary Day for their Viennese Waltz. Too bad I wasn't home because I would called in and given them all my votes.

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2009, 01:40:32 pm »
My friend told me OD was used in DWTS on Monday night.

Giuliana

• Make me high on lullabies
  • You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2009, 03:55:08 pm »
Guys, I might be an idiot, but what exactly is a Single? I know that Vanessa´s  Ordinary Day, A Thousand Miles, Pretty Baby, White Houses, Nolita Fairytale, Hands On Me are singles, but I don't have very clear what they mean. Sorry 4 the ignorance... also I saw that some people wnanted a video of Vanessa - private radio live, I have one, but without images, if you wanna take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMPf4k8UN0   I personally think that this version of the song (with an extra paragraph and just played in piano) is much more beautiful. What do you say?
Okay, that's all.
xoxo
Chula
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2009, 04:49:38 pm »
I was on a Royal Caribbean cruise and they played a guy singing ATM, but like a rock version. It was really weird.
Peace
Adriann

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2009, 06:29:19 pm »
Guys, I might be an idiot, but what exactly is a Single? I know that Vanessa´s  Ordinary Day, A Thousand Miles, Pretty Baby, White Houses, Nolita Fairytale, Hands On Me are singles, but I don't have very clear what they mean. Sorry 4 the ignorance... also I saw that some people wnanted a video of Vanessa - private radio live, I have one, but without images, if you wanna take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMPf4k8UN0   I personally think that this version of the song (with an extra paragraph and just played in piano) is much more beautiful. What do you say?
Okay, that's all.
xoxo
Chula

In the record industry, a single is a song usually used from a current or upcoming album to promote the album. Singles are distributed through a number of ways; originally, they were packaged as "single" records with one or two other songs and sold before the release of the album. However, this practice has lessened as the internet has made music more readily accessible to the public without paying for it. Also, singles are commonly played on the radio, and with the advent of music videos in the 1980s, video versions of singles have become a common way of distributing the song to the public.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_(music)
formerly fish_for__stars.