Author Topic: Charles and Camilla to be Married  (Read 5530 times)

ChocoNutz

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - popjuliane
    • View Profile
Charles and Camilla to be Married
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 01:07:44 pm »
Quote from: "Scotty"
did I make up that word or is it correct

ha I believe that is Floridian, Scotty... I'm not 100% sure tho

and I'd say it's like calling brazilian people, argentine... not cuz we're both in south america that we're the same people! ;)

Katia's Lover

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GSUCarltonFan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southern-connection.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 01:34:47 pm »
Quote from: "kev222"
Quote from: "Steavis"
Ok, now I mean no disrespect or anything, I'm just really kind of wanting to know so it is respectfully that I ask, exactly what does the monarchy structure of England do these days? I mean parliament takes care of all the issues right? so does the royalty just stay for traditions sake or do they still have some kind of power?

Oh, what don't they do? Without them we'd simply have nobody to attend parties dressed as WWII criminals of war.

-Kev

That's pretty classic.
katiakaysha: you win
katiakaysha: you're right

I'm on a mission to piss the world off.  Is it your turn yet?!

http://losersareentertaining.blogspot.com/

Steavis

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Steavis09@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - A+Name+Perhaps
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Steavis09@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2005, 01:45:39 pm »
so they don't do anything, yet they still get paid? and to think my ancestors sailed all the way over here all those years ago!
Washington is a dreadfully awful place......this I've learned

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 07:43:43 am »
Quote from: "Steavis"
so they don't do anything, yet they still get paid? and to think my ancestors sailed all the way over here all those years ago!

They make their own money, by attending places.

Plus they have enough inheritance to live off of.

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Dora

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessa-carlton.org
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 08:19:31 am »
sily snobby royals  :lol:

the only one I ever liked is Princess Diana...
and her sons

although I've heard extravagant things about them that made me sick...

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2005, 09:14:22 am »
Personally, I have a great respect for Her Majesty the Queen and the Royal Family.  Although they are no longer in control of the day-to-day government of the country, they do a lot in the way of foreign diplomatic relations and for the welfare of the Kingdom's citizens. :)
Dustin

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2005, 11:42:31 am »
Quote from: "em one twenty-five boy"
Why don't you think Charles will become King?

And furthermore, this union is horrible if he ever intends to become King. He'd be the head of the Church of England. He married someone who divorced her husband! What does that say about his religious role?

Quite frankly, it seems to me that it would be easier to disestablish the COE. That's long overdue anyway.

Lmao, stop acting like you are so clued up about the Church of England or Britain. Charles divorced Diana so i don't think he'll have any problem with their 'union'- he's been sneaking around with ye olde Bowles for ever and a day.  His 'religious role' is basically non existent.

How would it be easier to disestablish the church of england? They have been trying to reform the HoL for as long as i can remember (and a few centuries before that!) and they still haven't come up with a solution- disestablishing the church would not only contradict hundreds of years of tradition but would make it very hard to reform the HoL.

I think Scott probably thinks Charles won't become King because the Queen is a long way off dying- he might even die before her! The royal family have a great history of long living women!

Oh and to all of the Americans criticising the Monarchy- The role the monarch plays is now merely constitutional but you can see evidence of the monarchy's influence everywhere in this country-the post, our coins, the justice system, the opening of parliament, i could go on forever. When Americans criticise the monarchy it only makes me laugh because you're all OBSESSED by it! Which news channels keep dragging Diana's death through the cheesy 'documentaries' again and again whenever some new pictures are found? Who has tv specials on our monarchy? The monarchy are just more celebrities for you to gossip about.  Point made!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2005, 12:00:28 pm »
And taken!

I think you're absolutely right about America's obsession with the British royalty.  When in comes to focussing on them in the various media, The UK I'm sure puts out more different stories on them, but we probably have a greater output of material when you multiply the time broadcasting or space used printing it by the number of people it reaches than even the UK does!  At least it wouldn't surprise me if we do.
Dustin