Author Topic: Shannon Thomas  (Read 325277 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #900 on: October 09, 2006, 09:58:12 am »
Lyrics to Intruder?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #901 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:26 pm »
I've lost my vision
You've made me hopeless
And I lie in bed, afraid
And I wonder
Why I can't sleep
And I don't care to dream

Chorus:
Intruder, don't come here
Steal my dreams & birth my fear
Intruder, won't you please leave me alone
Where's my thoughts? You hid them
They're not this nightmarish
And I'm begging you to let go
To let go

My head is clouded
I cling onto sadness
As I witness this eclipse
I must wonder
Why I can't flee
From what isn't really me

Chorus

There's no way that I can escape my mind
There's no way that I can leave behind
The enemy that comes from the inside
I don't have the strength to try
I don't have the strength to try

Please leave me alone
I'm begging you to let go

Chorus

:wink:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #902 on: October 09, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »
I <3 Intruder  :D

unsungmelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbrokenxshardx
    • View Profile
    • http://www.icified.livejournal.com/
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #903 on: October 09, 2006, 02:37:48 pm »
Beautiful lyrics!  :D

dA - LJ

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #904 on: October 09, 2006, 03:38:58 pm »
Thanks guys.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #905 on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:31 pm »
i'm so jealous. you're amazing.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #906 on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:51 pm »
I know envy is a bad thing... but you're just that amazing.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #907 on: October 10, 2006, 10:57:53 pm »
I'm jealous of shannon. She's beautiful and talented! I wish you could play around southern california *sniff*

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #908 on: October 11, 2006, 06:03:00 am »
While I am admittedly flattered, you don't know the whole story.  Hopefully what I put out in the world is great...but it takes me awhile to completely finish anything I believe is worth sharing.  Right now I am in the middle of writing several songs that have me stuck.  So in my case, the key to being "amazing" (or perceived as anything close) is knowing when something is good enough to be considered done.  And it does not come easily for me most of the time.  I have confidence issues because it always seems like other artists (like Vanessa) are so much more naturally talented than I am, but I really want to be an inspiration to anyone who's ever felt like an underdog...anyone who wants to do something, but feels like they can't.  I didn't even THINK of trying to write a song until I was about 21 because I didn't think I COULD.  It seemed so impossible.  So it's pretty cool to be able to prove yourself wrong over & over again, one step at a time.  I just want you guys to know that I certainly appreciate your wonderful comments, but anything "amazing" that comes out of me is the result of simply the desire to create something great - no matter how long it takes.

I hope you understand my point.  This is such a long post!  lol
The fantasy

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #909 on: October 11, 2006, 07:52:06 pm »
Of course we understand you...

And be sure, you lassie make a really nice stuff....

And believe, soon we'll see you at the Grammy show and you'll get the award of NEW BEST FEMALE ARTIST, NEW BEST SINGLE, NEW BEST ALBUM....

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #910 on: October 11, 2006, 09:42:17 pm »
wow well I think I do know what you mean. I mean, I write music too, and it takes /such/ a long time for me to finish a song. I have so many tunes that aren't finished and never will be. But maybe that's the point of art... to find what means something to you and what means something to others. I actually have a song that's just for me.. and that's pretty important. And I don't think writing songs is every easy.. for anyone. I mean I'm sure there are some geniuses, but even vanessa carlton has to run into some obstacles sometimes. The only artist I've heard of who writes music in one sitting is Fiona Apple. I'm sure there are others, but I bet it's pretty rare. The reasons I think you're AMAZING is because what you /do/ put out there for the world to hear is /actually/ admirable. It's not fluff. It really does mean something to US and that's hard to achieve. Most artists (including myself) run into cliches or express themselves withouth conveying any deeper meaning beneath the surface. Does that make sense? You have musical, as well as poetic talent... and then there's something else in between that you have, that most don't. not sure what it is, but keep it up. it rocks! and this has been a very lengthy reply...

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #911 on: October 12, 2006, 05:13:58 am »
A lengthy, but LOVELY response.  I have been telling myself the same thing, but it's nice to hear it from someone else - makes it seem like I'm not just trying to make myself feel better.  The truth is every artist has their own way of creating and there's no right or wrong way to do it.  What's important is that we keep trying 'cause once we put something out into the world that people can appreciate, it is SO COOL.   :D
The fantasy

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #912 on: October 12, 2006, 06:37:10 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
While I am admittedly flattered, you don't know the whole story.  Hopefully what I put out in the world is great...but it takes me awhile to completely finish anything I believe is worth sharing.  Right now I am in the middle of writing several songs that have me stuck.  So in my case, the key to being "amazing" (or perceived as anything close) is knowing when something is good enough to be considered done.  And it does not come easily for me most of the time.  I have confidence issues because it always seems like other artists (like Vanessa) are so much more naturally talented than I am, but I really want to be an inspiration to anyone who's ever felt like an underdog...anyone who wants to do something, but feels like they can't.  I didn't even THINK of trying to write a song until I was about 21 because I didn't think I COULD.  It seemed so impossible.  So it's pretty cool to be able to prove yourself wrong over & over again, one step at a time.  I just want you guys to know that I certainly appreciate your wonderful comments, but anything "amazing" that comes out of me is the result of simply the desire to create something great - no matter how long it takes.

I hope you understand my point.  This is such a long post!  lol

I totally understand what you're saying.  I feel the same way too  :?

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #913 on: October 12, 2006, 06:53:10 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
What's important is that we keep trying 'cause once we put something out into the world that people can appreciate, it is SO COOL.   :D

Seriously! Gosh, one of the best feelings ever.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shannon Thomas
« Reply #914 on: October 13, 2006, 05:25:19 am »
Tim, you have inspired me to not be so hard on myself!
The fantasy