Author Topic: KT Tunstall  (Read 10736 times)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 12:08:15 pm »
The album bored me out of my mind!!!!
I couldn't get into it at all.  :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 02:11:24 pm »
Really? Take a few listens, I know I have to listen to some albums more than once to really get into them. She's amazing & her performance on Ellen was like really unique & different.

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 10:47:55 am »
I saw her on Letterman a while ago and she played Black Horse and a Cherry Tree all by herself with just a guitar and a drum loop/guitar affects pedal board. It was sooo cool plus her voice has an awesome sound. My brother bought her album and I listened to it and love it. My favorites are Other Side of the World, Another Place to Fall, Black Horse, and Suddenly I See

Amanda

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
KT Tunstall
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:57:52 pm »
I freakin' love her voice!  Holy crap, why did I put off buying her album so long?  Yes, she does have a good sense of melody, and for the most part I like her lyrics as well.  And I've seen video of her playing as a solo ensemble onstage, and that just puts rocks in my socks!  It's one of those things where I understand the concept, but thinking about how to execute it noggles my boggin.
Dustin

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 05:46:38 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
The album bored me out of my mind!!!!
I couldn't get into it at all.  :?

I'm pretty sure you're crazy.
I love KT. I've really gotten into her music :D
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 07:44:13 am »
I picked up her cd a few days ago and I am SO totally in love with her voice and the lyrics. It is an amazing cd!!! Other side of the world and suddenly I see are probably my favorites so far. Black Horse and a cherry tree is a given!  :D

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 10:37:33 am »
I wanted to post a new topic, but I saw that it had been previously done!  :wink:
It's been a long time that somebody wrote something!
I absolutely love Kt tunstall! her new cd has been released since  september 2007. Perhaps someone knows Hold on! the song really rocks, 8O  and the whole cd album drastic fantastic as well !
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

MyMelody

• View Profile
KT Tunstall
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 03:43:58 pm »
Her second album is head and shoulders above her first. Not that her first wasn't good, but Drastic Fantastic is fantastic.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
KT Tunstall
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 03:00:16 am »
Due to budget constraints, I haven't been able to buy any new CDs lately, but I'll certainly put it on my list to check out for when I am again.  Thanks for posting! :D
Dustin

beatriz

• View Profile
Re: KT Tunstall
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 02:12:20 pm »
Her new album, "Tiger Suit" is really good! Very different from her previous works. You can feel the "nature techno" sound that she's used to define the new musical style. I'm not sure if it's her best yet, but I can assure it's worth listening to  :)
My sister doesn't like most of her older songs, but she loves this CD!
So if you didn't enjoy much her other albums, give Tiger Suit a new try  ;)

Nessaholista

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 07:52:02 pm »
My personal favorite track is the "Uummannaq Song" :)

I also love the new sound.

She says: "I really went out of my comfort zone and wandered off further than expected. It made me realize I can do anything. There are no rules, there are no constraints, it’s just about what you’ve got the balls to do"

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 08:18:20 am »
Got to admit that I loved the "old KT" so much more... This album is okay, there's a few very good songs, I'm thinking about "Lost", "The Entertainer" but the production is just too techno for me... Don't get me wrong, it's still good stuff :)

Oh and I guess the other reason why I was a bit disappointed with the record is because Vanessa isn't on it. No co-writing or backgroud vocals or something... I was secretly kinda hoping that :)

Nessaholista

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 02:29:55 pm »
Oh and I guess the other reason why I was a bit disappointed with the record is because Vanessa isn't on it. No co-writing or backgroud vocals or something... I was secretly kinda hoping that :)

Imma dissappointed a little bit too :/

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 08:11:00 am »

Imma dissappointed a little bit too :/

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Her official forum is full of suckers for her new work. I'm sorry to say but a song like "Come on, get in" is nothing compared to "Suddenly I See" per exemple.

Nessaholista

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 09:52:33 pm »
My favorite KT song is 'Black horse and cherry tree'  :)