Author Topic: the newest message  (Read 5095 times)

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
the newest message
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:42:46 am »
She not going to the studio in august. She's waiting till september. Hopefully the pushing-back-everything-thing won't start again. I'm a little bit dissapointed but we'll see :?
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Spainshhouses

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 07:29:44 am »
i think i may no the reason for this - Stephan Jenkins of Third eye blind is probably producing her album, as you probably no Third eye blind albums are always put back. On one occasion i think the album came out nearly a year after it was suppose to.
"Ms. Jones taught me English, but I think I just shot her son
Cause he owed me money, with a bullet in the chest you cannot run
Now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
I guess I didn't mean it
But man you should of seen it
His flesh explode"

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
the newest message
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 07:42:17 am »
I doubt Stephan will be producing this album. He has work to do with his own band.
And she is so cute. She totally rocks my socks. The thing she said about never holding her head down, even if Stevie gave her that advice I totally appreciate her sharing it with us. I love and admire them both :-)
What a sweetass tour combo, I wish I could've gone :(
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
the newest message
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 09:33:16 am »
sometimes I think it's better if she dosnt co-write :oops: But whatever makes V happy :-)
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

amberbeads

• View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 09:39:44 am »
See, this kind of irks me. Why is it that for an artist to be "genuine" they have to write ALL of their songs? Like, EVERY BIT of their songs? I mean, it'd be great if V could write an entire album of amazingly fantastic songs all by herself. But I'm sure that, since she doesn't view herself as a goddess, she recognizes her own strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, her TRUE strength is writing on the piano. Lyrically, she CAN hold her own but she is not an awesome lyricist most of the time. Vanessa respects and looks up to Linda Perry, so if she wants to co-write with her, I don't think it takes away any of her artist integrity AT ALL.
Sorry. [/rant] :oops:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

Afterglow

• **BANNED**
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - white_houses@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - XxSaturdaysxX
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Mcaofera_wunderschon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.harmonium.rg3.net
the newest message
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:00:56 am »
Hhahahahahaah..... This album will only come out in the end of 2006

Who wants a bet?

But it can change to 2007..... 8)

............ Vou para Europa descobrir alguns segredos da Vida ............

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 12:23:08 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Obviously, her TRUE strength is writing on the piano. Lyrically, she CAN hold her own but she is not an awesome lyricist most of the time. Vanessa respects and looks up to Linda Perry, so if she wants to co-write with her, I don't think it takes away any of her artist integrity AT ALL. Sorry. [/rant] :oops:

I think vanessa is an awesome lyricist.

I do agree that people shouldn't look down because she's co-writing, though.  Co-writing doesn't make a song bad. It usually helps..

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Co-Writing
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 12:39:28 pm »
Personally I think co-writing is fine, as long as the song remains personal to the original artist whom created the song.  Though V co-wrote w/ Stephen on Harmonium, they still remained V's songs, not V and Stephen's songs.  We'll see, V still is an Artist & Musician, even if she is co-writing..

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 12:49:37 pm »
I think its cool that linda perry is collaborating, but I wouldnt want a bunch of linda perr-ishy ballads.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Linda Perry
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 12:52:25 pm »
Yeah, Linda Perry does have talent, but I agree...no ballads, however "This Time" ins't really a ballad at all, you can kinda get that Linda-Perry-feel from it...soo...No Sey.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
the newest message
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 02:29:30 pm »
Vanessa is one AMAZING writter. This Time,Annie, White Houses..were great, but theres something about when V writes a song by herself, magical :-) but Im sure whatever Vanessa co-writes with someone will be Very great.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 02:59:12 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Lyrically, she CAN hold her own but she is not an awesome lyricist most of the time.

I agree with you that collabarating is something good artists do and it should not be seen as a weakness.  Just like great leaders can't do everything on their own, etc...

However, IMO, my favorite lyrics from VC songs were those that she came wrote by herself, interestingly enough.

"As you float the flimsy surface, you should know life lies beneath it"

for example.. I LOVE the imagery on that.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 04:24:50 pm »
Quote from: "Spainshhouses"
i think i may no the reason for this - Stephan Jenkins of Third eye blind is probably producing her album, as you probably no Third eye blind albums are always put back. On one occasion i think the album came out nearly a year after it was suppose to.

She says that she is going in the studio "with" Linda Perry.  That's a strong hint that she will be producing(at least a few tracks).  The release date of an album has less to do with long it takes to record, overdub, mix, master, etc., and more with when the record company condescends to release and promote the album.  In the case of 3eb, I hear that Elektra was/is a sinking ship and so was the album, unfortunately.  
Hopefully, the new VC album coincides with massive TV appearances and a full band tour!

Dan/NS

amberbeads

• View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 05:05:25 pm »
Quote from: "Emmyspiano"
Vanessa is one AMAZING writter. This Time,Annie, White Houses..were great, but theres something about when V writes a song by herself, magical :-) but Im sure whatever Vanessa co-writes with someone will be Very great.

Considering Stephan wrote the majority of the lyrics to Annie and White Houses...

I said V can HOLD HER OWN as a lyricist. I never said she was bad. But she's not fantastic. The lyrics from her new songs, the ones she's debuted on this tour (as well as Morning Sting) are excellent, but lyrics on BNN are quite generic, sometimes sing-songy. I mean, there are lines on BNN that I think are awesome and that I really love, but that doesn't mean the whole song is great, or that she's an awesome lyricist.
Sorry to criticize but that's just my honest opinion. It's not even really criticism, anyways. I didn't say she sucked or anything.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

Spainshhouses

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
the newest message
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 04:40:35 am »
i happen to think it is good for Vanessa to co-write with someone like Stephan Jenkins, the bloke is a lyrical genius, well maybe not but he writes some damn good lyrics and i think that can only help Vanessa.

Anyway, CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE POST A LINK OR UPLOAD TO YOUSENDIT /MEGAUPLOAD the video of Vanessa performing white house on TV with Stephan and Arion from Third eye blind? I have never seen and have been trying to get this for ages now. It was definately up at Vanessa-Carlton.net 3 or 4 months ago. Any help would be great, even a reply would be good.
"Ms. Jones taught me English, but I think I just shot her son
Cause he owed me money, with a bullet in the chest you cannot run
Now he's bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
I guess I didn't mean it
But man you should of seen it
His flesh explode"