Author Topic: Rent (the movie)  (Read 8991 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« on: August 08, 2005, 04:30:11 pm »
Novermber 3rd

Wooo, I'm excited... original cast and everything.

Amanda

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 02:52:41 pm »
i hope they do a good job with the movie.  i saw the musical on broadway in march and it's FANTASTIC. i'll most likely end up seeing this regardless of reviews.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

skyestar

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lintitinwe
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 12:20:43 pm »
i'm so excited. i'm curious to see how rosario dawson does as mimi. i'm absolutely in love with adam pascal. sadly they pushed the date for it to open nov 11 in LA & NY and nov 23 nationwide.

GeNuInEwAnNaBe69

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 04:43:40 pm »
I really love the play.  I am really hoping they stay true to the story though, if it is too ostentatious I will be really dissappointed.
"So just remember all you not-so-giant-squids out there, there is no such thing as a little squid, just little nets."
-Jon Stewart

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 06:16:28 pm »
Sarah Silverman has a bit part in it, so I shall see it.
Joe

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 07:50:11 pm »
Quote from: "GeNuInEwAnNaBe69"
I really love the play.  I am really hoping they stay true to the story though, if it is too ostentatious I will be really dissappointed.

Yeah I agree, but I think they'll try to make it as close to play as possible, not too showy, just.. vamped up. haha

Though I'm sure they had to cut out some things in order to get that PG-13 rating... I thought for sure it was going to be rated R.

Amanda

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 07:32:33 am »
Is it a movie musical or just a movie adaptation of the play's plot??

I've never seen it but my 1st yr roommate in college listened to all the songs... I didn't like her. I think the song "Seasons of Love" is one of the corniest things I've ever heard, lol...

but I'll probably want to see it still

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 03:05:18 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Is it a movie musical or just a movie adaptation of the play's plot??

I've never seen it but my 1st yr roommate in college listened to all the songs... I didn't like her. I think the song "Seasons of Love" is one of the corniest things I've ever heard, lol...

but I'll probably want to see it still

It's a movie musical with the original Broadway cast (with the exception of one person). And yeah.. some find Seasons of Love's lyrics cheesy, but I think it fits well with the musical's main themes about life, and surviving in the world the characters must live in. There's some really good songs regardless, so you should definitely check it out.

Amanda

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 06:51:54 pm »
Um, so I'm in love with this sountrack. I can't wait to see it!!
My friend and I are dressing up for the movie. I'm dressing as Idina in Over the Moon except I'm wearing cow ears and a cow spotted shirt that says "Moo with me". My friend is dressing as the character Mark with the emo glasses and scarf. It's going to be fun, because who doesn't love being a Renthead.

Amanda

skyestar

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lintitinwe
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 10:56:42 pm »
oo yay! i saw it on wednesday and loved it!
i was actually really impressed with rosario dawson's portrayal as mimi, but i guess that's what actresses are for.
everyone in the theatre was as into it as i was and a girl next to me was sobbing really hard , i actually hugged her. i recommend it to anyone. (well anyone that likes musicals and is not afraid to cry)

JazzyManda

• View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 09:31:16 am »
Haha. I saw it yesterday with a friend of mine who is a huuuuge Renthead (she just recently saw it on Broadway). We were probably the most obnoxious people in the theater. We sang along to every song, we Mooooed really loud, and we cheered when Angel first came out in drag because that's just what you're supposed to do.

I can't wait to see the actual show when it comes to town in March.

I loooved it. I didn't cry because movies never make me cry, but my friend was bawling. *sigh* It really was a sad movie, but also very funny. I loved Idina Menzel's character: "there will always be women in rubber flirting with me"

Amanda

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2005, 12:42:01 pm »
saw it last night!  I absolutely LOOOOOVED it!  I cried - as did most people in the theatre.  I'm absolutely in love with it!  Anyone who hasn't seen it, go see it!
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

WhiteHorses69

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 11:31:40 am »
I LOVE RENT!....i saw the play last year!  Isat front row center, it was great...i had the libertyof having authentic spit from the cast land on me, jkjk.....you get what i mean, anyway, when i heard that they wree making a movie i couldn;t wait for it to come out.  However, i have to say that i liked the play much bettre then the movie.  No affense, but there wasn't as much singing in the movie as in the play, and in addtition, the dancing in the play more than i did in the movie.  Don;t get me wrong though, the movie was awesome.

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 01:31:34 am »
movie was nothing compared to the play.  they took away from jonathan's entire story, it was sad.  and rosario can't sing, her acting was okay but her performance in out tonight was disrespectful.  i think everyone should see the play =)  It is a great story!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Rent (the movie)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 06:20:24 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
movie was nothing compared to the play.  they took away from jonathan's entire story, it was sad.  and rosario can't sing, her acting was okay but her performance in out tonight was disrespectful.  i think everyone should see the play =)  It is a great story!

I must stick up for Rosario.  She was BY FAR my favorite part of this film.  Granted, I haven't seen the play, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::