Author Topic: Rachel Yamagata comparison... kinda funny.  (Read 5172 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Rachel Yamagata comparison... kinda funny.
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:59:54 am »
"If Vanessa Carlton intrigues you but is ultimately too squealy and Gilmore Girlsy for your taste; or if you're a Fiona Apple fan who wonders what the Zoloft Queen would be like if she was just as depressed as always but reasonably functional otherwise, then Ms. Yamagata just might be your bag of sadness." -Matthew Gonzales

taken from a review from Indianapolismusic.net

I think it's pretty humorous without being rude... I must admit, VC is a little Gilmore Girlish and squealy =P

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:44:04 pm »
well i love racheal yamagata, but i love nessa way more. she is perfection and i dont appreciate calling her "squealy". but everyone is entitled to opinion, so i guess its fair enough.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 08:45:04 pm »
I  happen to like V's voice, mine isn't dissimilar from her own actually, and I still would call her squealy. I don't really think it's an insult, but she does have a childish whine to the sound of her voice sometimes. It's not ugly, I actually kinda like it.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Re: ....
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 09:06:45 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I  happen to like V's voice, mine isn't dissimilar from her own actually, and I still would call her squealy. I don't really think it's an insult, but she does have a childish whine to the sound of her voice sometimes. It's not ugly, I actually kinda like it.

You realize, of course, that now that you've made that comment, people are going to be wanting to hear your voice, right? 8)
Dustin

TSE

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - somniloquence@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TSE455
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - i88bugs@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 10:53:22 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"

You realize, of course, that now that you've made that comment, people are going to be wanting to hear your voice, right? 8)

You realize of course, we have.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 10:18:05 pm »
Quote from: "TSE"
Quote from: "zurielshimon"

You realize of course, we have.

Ah, yeah?  Let me go find that.... :D

Here you go:  aitch tee tee pee colon slash slash double-yoo double-yoo double-yoo dot nessaholics dot com slash media slash o dee dash noelle dot em pee three
Dustin

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 02:11:38 pm »
www.myspace.com/noellenc

i was gonna delete collide bc i don't really think it's good, but someone msgd me and said they really liked it so i guess i'll keep it there

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 02:13:18 pm »
Unfortunately I have a form of tonsilits and I did while i was making the 2 covers other than vc's ameriteen which is over a year old now..... i've been having voice problems (pitch and especially strength) for awhile =(

I also added a cover I did of "This Time" but it's not showing up yet, I guess it takes awhile. It's not a perfect cover by any means and my keyboard is a b*tch to try and play sharps and flats on which is the reason the piano playing doesn't have much "finesse" I guess you could say. It sounds too echoey and weird bc of all the layers I added with harmonies and such.. sorry. You can make fun of it =P

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 03:04:02 pm »
Your voice is very pretty! I just listened to your cover if "This Time" and I love it! I like how you sort of changed it up a little in the singing. It's very good.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
Oh hey, thanks, I didn't know it was up yet. It said it'd take 24hrs. lol.

carachan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 03:23:31 pm »
...  Wow.  You have an AMAZING voice...I love it...  Love it, love it, love it~  It's like...Vanessa but prettier.  Not that Vanessa's is bad, it's just...sometimes not a pretty voice.  It's a good voice, and suits some of her songs, but, especially on the demo tracks, which is what I've been listening to most by her, it's not *that* pretty.  Kind of whiny.  And this is like...her...but a prettier version?  Haha, I'm rambling now, in an attempt to explain what I mean.  Ah well.

Do you have any songs of your own?  I want to hear more~  Haha, I love it.  ^__^

It's weird though...listening to it, it, at some parts, sounds like it *could* be Vanessa, but isn't...

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 04:00:46 pm »
Aw, that was really nice :) I really appreciate everything you said, it made me smile. Yeah, I think Vanessa and I do sound similar but she has a more gritty voice; when her voice gets kinda raspy and crackly, I can't really mimic that if I try. It's ok though :)

I do have songs I've written, but I'm kinda shy about that sort of thing because I don't really think I'm the best songwriter. I did write a song recently that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I can't seem to get it to work right on my computer in mp3 format. It's weird. Maybe soon though.

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2005, 04:24:49 pm »
holy crap noelle.  I'm pretty sure I'd heard your voice before but wow, it's beautiful.  SoCo cover too... love love As You Sleep.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 02:12:06 pm »
aw, thankya :) I love that song

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Ameriteen (cover)
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 05:47:59 pm »
Wow...I really like the cover of Ameriteen, that was beautiful...great cover, your voice is definetly beautiful.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...