Author Topic: Interpol  (Read 3747 times)

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Interpol
« on: September 08, 2005, 10:43:43 am »
I have pit tickets for the show tomorrow in Dallas. Should be a great show. I love their cd.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Alecs

• View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:10:50 pm »
The show was awesome and the crowd sucked! A bunch of statues... We're rocking and they're just standing there getting annoyed or something... Morons... These stuck up beaaaatches walked up in front of Tiff and blocked her view and just stood there still... like rods... :roll:

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 08:09:16 am »
wow someone FINALLY posted about interpol. i love them with a severely dangerous passion!!
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Alecs

• View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 03:32:36 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
wow someone FINALLY posted about interpol. i love them with a severely dangerous passion!!

nice.... 8)

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:51:05 pm »
:lol:
yes, i'm weird you don't need to tell me.  oh wow, have you seen their video for "evil"? the puppet kindasortareally freaks me out. 8O

Alecs

• View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 12:46:10 pm »
:lol:
yes, i'm weird you don't need to tell me.  oh wow, have you seen their video for "evil"? the puppet kindasortareally freaks me out. 8O

yeah it's kinda scary huh? 8O

:wink:

Jacket

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:20:28 pm »
I love love love love LOVE Interpol! And yeah, the music video for Evil freaks me out too...Of course, all puppets freak me out but yeah.
I took the road less travelled. Now, where the hell am I? Thank you vampires01 for the icon! Even if you're an alien, I still luff you! BWAAHAHHAA I GET TO MEET VANESSA CARLTON AT THE WICHITA FALLS PERFORMANCE!!!! OCTOBER 21ST

badsrx7

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 08:23:31 pm »
love 'em.

saw them at jones beach during the summer opening for the pixies.

they're a little boring on stage.. but they do have an atmosphere about them.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:32 am »
Wow, no one's posted in here in a long time.
They FINALLY came to FL; I saw them in Orlando last night.
Simply.fucking.amazing.

It was at Hard Rock Live at Universal, Orlando.  My friend and I got in the front row on the rail.  I couldn't even believe our luck!

They played all their well-known songs (Evil, Slow Hands, C'mere, Heinrich Maneuver) and, of course, many other songs, like my favorite, "Not Even Jail".

They are excellent performers, Paul doesn't move around a lot, but the rest of the band does so it makes up for it.  Besides, Paul looks comfortable and it just fits with how he sings.  

His voice sounded absolutely amazing.  Definitely one of the best live voices I've ever heard.  I thought it sounded seductive on CD, but this was unparalleled!

Paul also looks so much better in person than in pictures.
When he looked our way, I got that "zOMGz!~!!1 fangirl!!1!~" feeling.

If you enjoy their music at ALL, it is a MUST that you go to one of their shows.  They're relatively cheap, and the show was absolutely mind-blowing.

Alecs

• View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 08:47:58 pm »
Wow, no one's posted in here in a long time.
They FINALLY came to FL; I saw them in Orlando last night.
Simply.fucking.amazing.

It was at Hard Rock Live at Universal, Orlando.  My friend and I got in the front row on the rail.  I couldn't even believe our luck!

They played all their well-known songs (Evil, Slow Hands, C'mere, Heinrich Maneuver) and, of course, many other songs, like my favorite, "Not Even Jail".

They are excellent performers, Paul doesn't move around a lot, but the rest of the band does so it makes up for it.  Besides, Paul looks comfortable and it just fits with how he sings.  

His voice sounded absolutely amazing.  Definitely one of the best live voices I've ever heard.  I thought it sounded seductive on CD, but this was unparalleled!

Paul also looks so much better in person than in pictures.
When he looked our way, I got that "zOMGz!~!!1 fangirl!!1!~" feeling.

If you enjoy their music at ALL, it is a MUST that you go to one of their shows.  They're relatively cheap, and the show was absolutely mind-blowing.

That's awesome! I just got their new cd yesterday. It's really good!

Alecs

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Interpol
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 07:30:07 pm »
yeah, I'm really, really loving OLTA.
"Rest My Chemistry" is about Paul getting clean from coke and it's just a great song in general.
Right now I'm dithering among RMC, Pioneer to the Falls, and All Fired Up as my favorites.
Apparently, Paul went to rehab for his coke addiction and doesn't even drink anymore because his life was so out of control when he was using and drinking.

There's a great article that mentions this that a fan translated from German.  It's sad and amazing.  I'll post it here or PM it to you, if you're interested.

Anyway, I didn't mention it before, but in "Obstacle 1" Paul forgot to sing the first line hahaha.

I also hear they're planning a 2008 spring tour, but it's not officially confirmed yet.
Geez, I hope I get to see them again.
This was definitely the best concert I've ever been to, and I go to a LOT.
That is of course, aside from Vanessa, but she holds a different spot in my heart entirely hahaha.

Whoa I am still giddy from this concert!
I'll pray to God (aka Paul lol) that they come back to FL sooooon.