Author Topic: 10/7/2005: UB Center For The Arts - Buffalo, NY (review)  (Read 22801 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
10/7/2005: UB Center For The Arts - Buffalo, NY (review)
« on: October 07, 2005, 08:01:08 am »
The gang's all here except for Steve.  We're not sure if it's general admission yet but I hope it's not because it's going to suck standing outside in the rain.  More updates to come.

[discussion]
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 05:54:33 am »
Set List from last night, full review will be posted later:

Papa
San Fran
Ordinary Day
Who's To Say
Put Your Hands on Me
The One
C'est La Vie
Annie
This Time
Best Behavior
Rinse (which she didn't play)
Winter
ATM
Twilight

EDIT:
So the show was great, the auditorium was pretty full, people buying tickets at the door were seated in the balcony.  Our seats were 8th row to the waaaaay left, but we had a great view.  Unfortunately no pictures were allowed and the Event Staff were being bastards about it.

Same old jokes and stories really, nothing particularly new, she's going back into the studio next month to work on VC3.  We tried to get a meet and greet set up for us but unfortunately that was a no go.  

The best thing she said all night was right before ATM.  She goes "and for those of you who don't really know who I am and are just here to check me out, yes, I'm 'that girl'"

That's really it, I'm sure Brian and Ivy will post more once they get home.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 06:30:57 pm »
Word.

The show was great, but the security guards were fucking assholes.

I got the original set list :mrgreen:

She sang "Annie" which was cool to hear again since it's been since April since we've heard it live.  Ivy had never heard it played though so she was excited to hear it.  We think this took the place of "Wanted" which was sung at the New Hamp show last Tuesday.

Like Nikki mentioned, Rinse is on the set list, but wasn't played, possibly to the length of "Annie".

She didn't say "fuck it" before C'est La Vie, however she ended cursing later in the show b/c she forgot the words to this time.

Lizzie, who told me quite a few times to shut up b/c she was recording, didn't even press record on the dang recorder.   :x

Hangin' with Nikki and meeting Steve was very cool.  two more peeps to add to the list.

There was a meet and greet for adult faculty onlye (why?) and V was pretty much rushed out of the place 30 mins after the show.

We drove around for a few trying to find the tour bus, then Ivy realized she didn't have her cell phone.  Turns out she left it on the seat and we had to go back to get it.  I did the embarrasing thing of knocking on an unlocked door.

We gave the pleasure of V to Nicole, Krys and Jess by calling them during the show.

I don't think the audience was all that receptive of V.  bitches.  they don't know talent.

The show was fuckin' awesome, even though no pics were taken.

I have a few group shots that i'll post in the "recent pics" thread later in the week.

iKnowWhatYouDid

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mbiddy001
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 07:04:47 pm »
That show was effing SWEET. I only wish it was longer, but we still got to hear all the new songs, which was amazing.  We saw Vanessa for the first time after the show, which was really really awesome.  I'm getting some pics from the concert from my friend's digital camera soon.  I also got a couple recordings,and getting them to sound better with some audio program.

Cameron13

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:09:03 pm »
Quote from: "iKnowWhatYouDid"
That show was effing SWEET. I only wish it was longer, but we still got to hear all the new songs, which was awesome.  We saw Vanessa for the first time after the show, which was really really awesome.  I'm getting some pics from the concert from my friend's digital camera soon.  I also got a couple recordings,and getting them to sound better with some audio program.

<---thats one of the pics iKnowWhatYouDid was talkin about

Anyway, kinda bummed she didn't play Rinse.  But everything else was great.  I'm so glad she played Best Behavior.

>>Is a guy<<

iKnowWhatYouDid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 06:27:31 am »
Quote from: "Cameron13"

<---thats one of the pics iKnowWhatYouDid was talkin about

Anyway, kinda bummed she didn't play Rinse.  But everything else was great.  I'm so glad she played Best Behavior.

Yea, how did you get that? Haha. It looks so small. And am I taller than Vanessa? Cool beans. ANYWAY, hey did i accidentally take a nessaholic's setlist? I'm sorry, my friend thought we weren't gonna meet her so was screaming i need one, i'm so sorry.

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 06:31:05 am »
how did you guys get to meet her?

iKnowWhatYouDid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 06:50:32 am »
I have no idea, the guy turned other people away and we stayed and he's like "okay do you really want to meet her?" and we're like "uhh yess!" and then he's like "then be quiet" and then she came out, it was so cool.

Cameron13

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 07:25:35 am »
Quote from: "iKnowWhatYouDid"
I have no idea, the guy turned other people away and we stayed and he's like "okay do you really want to meet her?" and we're like "uhh yess!" and then he's like "then be quiet" and then she came out, it was so cool.

Yeah, that was completely random yet so amazing.  Haha, i got the pic from Joe.  :D Anyway, it was really cool.  I got my ticket signed.  I might take a picture of it and host it.  I think it says "Peace, VC"  Cause it looks nothing like "Vanessa Carlton."

>>Is a guy<<

angelheart56

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • MSN Messenger - angelheart567865@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - vcangelsb922
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - angelheart567865
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/angelheart56
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 07:28:44 am »
haha that's awesome. Who's Joe, out of curiosity?

iKnowWhatYouDid

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 07:58:11 am »
Joe is the extremely tall one. He got all the pictures and is currently working on making the recordings sound better... he's really good with computers.

Cameron13

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 08:07:14 am »
Joe is the guy in the back who is like a foot taller than vanessa. lol.  Anyway, here is the pic of the ticket vanessa signed

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Zelos46/Vanessa/IM000362.jpg

It's really big and would exceed the page limit, so there's the link.

>>Is a guy<<

iKnowWhatYouDid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 08:15:03 am »
Ha, yea it's "Peace, VC" i think. I didn't get my ticket signed, but my shirt, and Harmonium cover. She said my shirt was cute, heehee.  I'm getting them all framed.  :D  :mrgreen: :D  :mrgreen:

Cameron13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 08:17:00 am »
I might get my ticket framed.  Maybe not.  Right now its in my wallet.  All safe and sacred.   Hahaha.  Vanessa loved your shirt, which was cool.

>>Is a guy<<

joe0891

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - crazyperson0591@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - crazyperson5k
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - crazyperson0591@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 09:25:04 am »
Concert=Twas awesome.

Anyway, I have some of the pics

http://photobucket.com/albums/y92/crazyguy0891/Vanessa/?action=view&current=Vanessa003.jpg&slideshow=true&interval=3

Not at the highest resolution, or quality, but I'll do more when I have the time.

Oh, the songs should be fixed like, next week. xD

Peso
       -Joe