Author Topic: Rogue Traders  (Read 2099 times)

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Rogue Traders
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:41:04 am »
Never thought I'd like a dance/techno band or whatever it is they are but their songs are just so catchy.

Some people may remember Rogue Traders remix of INXS's One of my Kind but since then they have added a female vocalist to their group.
None other than NEIGHBOURS yep its another one (dont roll your eyes because shes actually pretty good and is doing better than Delta at the moment) Natalie Bassingthwaite (Izzy Hoyland).
I think shes the only good thing on Neighbours at the moment and also the current top 50 over here because the rest is crap, I mean that Crazy Frog made it to number 1  8O  HOW?

Anyway back to RT, they are originally from England I think but they are concidered Australian now because they have been over here for ages, won an ARIA, are nominated for several more and Natalie is Australian.
Their debut single off their new album (released this Sunday) Voodoo Child did really really well over here; making it to number 4 and Way to go- Rogue Traders new single entered at number 15 this week.

Their official website has been revamped and they have added the 2 videos of Voodoo Child & Way to Go, you can also listen to their CD (not sure if its just clips or the whole thing) but its worth a look.
http://www.roguetraders.com.au/featuredInfo/home.do

I personally like Way to go better than Voodoo Child but VC seems to be more popular, my little niece Caragh calls it Boobie Child and her & her brother sing along to it lol.

Fingers crossed that they win an Aria this coming Sunday (an Aria is like a Grammy to the Australian music industry)

(ill try and put a WMA of Voodoo Child up in the next few days for you to dl)

Thanks for reading <3
-Katie

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Rogue Traders
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 04:21:11 am »
I got their CD on Tuesday  :D  Its grrrrreat, really Traderish.
There is one slow song; Natalie does a wonderful and beautiful job pulling it off.

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Rogue Traders
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »
I luuuuurve them.

I was photographing the ARIAs, and I think I was most excited when they did the red carpet haha

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
Rogue Traders
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 04:36:47 pm »
Are you going to see them on the Kelly Tour?
Im more excited about seeing them  :lol:

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Rogue Traders
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 03:01:56 pm »
I had to miss them :( I was going to see them as well. Oh well, next time!
Did you like them?