Author Topic: Third Album Almost Done?  (Read 16507 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2005, 12:38:16 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
i think it would be kool to hear nessa do a more pop sounding song. I DEFINATELY don't want her to become a pop princess, but it would be kool to hear her do a more pop like song  :D  I like the song Me Aginst The Music by Britney, which i read in previous posts that the Matrix wrote. It would be kool to hear nessa sing sumthin like that.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2005, 12:45:05 pm »
LOL. i didnt mean i like Britney i just meant that i like the song. I dont like her voice or the way she sings it. I just like the song. well i really only like the courus part.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2005, 12:46:36 pm »
i didnt mean that i want nessa's whole album to be like that. I just meant that i thought it would be kewl to hear her sing a song like that. I would only want to hear one song like that... because i perfer nessa's type of music of course a hell of a lot more.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 09:28:22 pm »
How about Private Radio?  That is easily the poppiest thing she's done, IMHO.  SJ&VC already outdid the Matrix.

And Brian, I thought that was a Wachowski brothers reference.  

Dan/NS

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2005, 12:47:15 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
The Matrix are a group of songwriters that have written songs for Avril Lavigne (Complicated, With You, Sk8er Boi), Britney Spears (Me Against The Music, Toxic) Liz Phair (Why Can't I, Extraodinary, etc) and I believe they worked with Hillary Duff. I forget. Those are the only notable artists and songs I can remember off the top of my head. But they're known for writing chart topping songs. I like some of the work done by the Matrix. And remember how Vanessa promised that everyone would recognize this next CD? As her second CD even? I think with a songwriting group like the Matrix behind her, she may have her next hit even if it's not through means we would wish her to have it. But everyone's (Including myself) been bitching about her not getting the recognition and air play she deserves and this may be the means to let her do so. So I don't see what the big fuss is. It's music, and it's not the first time she's co-written with anyone before.

Haha, I keep editing this post. But Linda Perry is a pretty big name herself as well, she produced P!nk's Missundaztood which sold very well, and she produced Christina Aguilera's last album... right? Or at least co-wrote a few songs with her, and that did extremely well too. If Vanessa's working with people such as Linda and The Matrix, one could only assume that she's preparing to kick MTV in the balls.

If they have balls.

my opinion-

i dont WANT her to kick mtv in the balls. i want her to stay far away from MTv. because they suck. and don't even play music. and when they do its annoying fabricated people from the radio. i also hate the radio because they only play what is 'popular' and what is popular isn't always good. its just trendy. and entertains people that don't seek out music for their own tastes, just take whats given to them. (for the most part and what i said is totaly generalizing, but yes.)
[/end rant]

ehem.
i think she should let out her dark twist and go underground. :) *looks around* are people gonna start throwing things at me now?? hmm.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2005, 04:14:44 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"
And Brian, I thought that was a Wachowski brothers reference.  

Dan/NS

so did I...I was wondering what Neo had to do with Vanessa  :razz:

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2005, 07:12:35 am »
I think a lot of us thought that "Private Radio" would've made a perfect second single and would've brought a lot of people into listening to Vanessa that hadn't been already.  It was a new sound and certainly pop-compatible.  Perhaps a move in that direction (at least for the next single) could be a great idea!
Dustin

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2005, 07:36:57 am »
I would definately like to see Vanessa experiment with some genres for a few tracks on VC3... We definitely need a more radio-friendly first single than White Houses. I know a lot of people that like the song, but it didn't have the mass appeal that ATM or OD had. I think it would be cool to see Vanessa do something a bit more rock-influenced or maybe something pop/R&B-ish. But only for a few tracks on the CD. If she just keeps on making the same kind of music, I'm afraid I might get bored.
Joe

desperado

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 11:00:41 am »
I think if she is going to strive to be on TV anywhere, she should focus more on VH1 than MTV. I think VH1 would embrace her more, and give her more exposure and time.

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2005, 02:53:12 pm »
I prefer Vanessa's music to be more like rock.... I consider BNN to be this kind. Few songs like ATM and oD were more like pop... but UNSUNG, just awesome. I know new songs are a littel bit too sissy and pop. However, I hope they will by arranged in a way that fulfills my needs.... I'm being egoistic. Well I'm sure I will like this album. And I hope it will be more successful.
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2005, 09:36:36 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"
who are the matrix?

VERY funny, Brian! 8)

To me, the whole Matrix thing is ridiculous.  Vanessa can write great songs.  She has proven that twice now. The Matrix wishes they could come up with something as inspired and catchy as ATM or OD.  If, as VC has said, she is not a "pop princess",
working with pop's biggest assembly line makes no sense.  The only way it DOES make sense is if the record company demanded it, or she did it as an olive branch.  Probably a command from the Interscope bean counters.  Imagine what the next songs might be about!

Dan/NS

Inspired and catchy as ATM?

Catchy, yes,

Inspired, hardly.

I love ATM, but in all honesty, it's a fluke. And even Vanessa recognizes that. In one of the video interviews done with RollingStone when she first came out she even admitted that she had massive writers block when trying to finish that song. That's why the same descending pattern appears over and over again through out the whole goddamn song. And that's also why the song consists of just three chords for the most part. Why do people not realize this?

I most likely committed blasphemy by saying that, haha, but that's just how I feel. I don't mean to offend anyone by bashing ATM, because I'm not. It's just not the end all and be all of songwriting. I'm totally going off topic and ranting. Sorry.

And STARGirl, I do agree with you for the most part. But I believe MTV and VH1 are necessary evils to a degree.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2005, 10:06:21 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
I think a lot of us thought that "Private Radio" would've made a perfect second single and would've brought a lot of people into listening to Vanessa that hadn't been already.  It was a new sound and certainly pop-compatible.  Perhaps a move in that direction (at least for the next single) could be a great idea!

I totally agree.

Im dissapointed with A&M records... she had tree singles from Be Not Nobody...and only one from Harmonium? I thought that Harmonium was much better than BNN and that not only private radio, but any other song on there was more than suitable to be a single

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2005, 09:18:35 am »

Catchy, yes,

Inspired, hardly.

I love ATM, but in all honesty, it's a fluke. And even Vanessa recognizes that. In one of the video interviews done with RollingStone when she first came out she even admitted that she had massive writers block when trying to finish that song. That's why the same descending pattern appears over and over again through out the whole goddamn song. And that's also why the song consists of just three chords for the most part. Why do people not realize this?

<<Because there are more than three chords in the song, that's why.  And why would 3 chords be a bad thing?>>

I most likely committed blasphemy by saying that, haha, but that's just how I feel. I don't mean to offend anyone by bashing ATM, because I'm not. It's just not the end all and be all of songwriting. I'm totally going off topic and ranting. Sorry.

<<<Who said ATM is the be all and end all of songwriting?  Not I.  Look, if you just want to defend The Matrix, fine.  I doubt everything that they have done came off the top of their head(s).  What IS your point, being crapping in this thread?

Dan/NS

i_miss_santa

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - eyes_all_spread@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2005, 09:34:15 am »
thanks for postin info on new album!:)
pete
i dont really miss god but i sure miss santa claus!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2005, 04:13:22 pm »

Catchy, yes,

Inspired, hardly.

<<Because there are more than three chords in the song, that's why.  And why would 3 chords be a bad thing?>>

<<<Who said ATM is the be all and end all of songwriting?  Not I.  Look, if you just want to defend The Matrix, fine.  I doubt everything that they have done came off the top of their head(s).  What IS your point, being crapping in this thread?

Dan/NS

There's a reason I said for the most part, which leaves room for other chords, thanks. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just simple.

My only point, is that people insist that Vanessa's working with other people will never be able to top songs she's written like ATM, but I disagree. For example, musically speaking, White Houses blows ATM out of the water.

Being crapping in this thread? ...huh? Either way, I appologized if I came across as rude or insulting already in that previous post. So excuse me for just stating an opinion.  :?
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.