Author Topic: Dead Like Me  (Read 6317 times)

Dead Like Me
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:43:40 am »
Did anyone catch this show during its two season stint on Showtime?  This is one of my favorite shows ever and it got abruptly canceled for no reason other than the new boss that Showtime hired didn't like it.  It got tons of critical acclaim and it had a good enough audience that was consistently growing.

I was just wondering if anyone else shares my pain of never knowing where all those storylines with George and company were going to go.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 08:09:46 am »
I do, I loved the show, specially Roxy.

Dead Like Me
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 08:28:50 am »
WOW!  Seven months later and someone replies! :lol:

They just started showing this show in syndication on the Sci Fi Network, but all of the swearing is censored and some complete scenes are missing because there is too much swearing in them to censor.  I also noticed that they added a scene that wasn't in the original episode, but it was in the deleted scenes on the DVD.  That was probably to make up for all the stuff they had to cut.  The show was kind of lame all censored and edited and with commercails and stuff, but it's cool to see that it's on again.  

This was one of my favorite shows ever.  Good thing that idiot at Showtime canceled it because he had "better" plans.  Yeah...where's your brilliant show Huff now dickhead. :x

I expected more people on a Vanessa Carlton MB would have seen and liked this show because or the dark and sarcastic theme, but maybe not enough people have Showtime.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Dead Like Me
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 07:57:47 pm »
I always see commercials for this on HDnet, but I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll check it out.
Joe

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Dead Like Me
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 02:13:10 am »
I know it is available on DVD here in Aust (1st season), but I can't find a video rental store that has it.  :cry: It sounds like something I might enjoy.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Dead Like Me
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 07:57:47 am »
The show is EXTREMELY dry and sarcastic, and reasonably dark too, but I've still never heard of someone watching it and not liking it--especially girls.  That's probably because the main character is a girl, but it isn't a "girl" show by any means.  I'm a guy and I love it.

For the people that do check it out, there's one thing you should keep in mind.  Even though most people love it right away, if you happen to not like it at first, give it at least for episodes before you quit on it.  It takes the actors and writers a little time to get a good grasp on their characters, but, by the fourth episode, everything is pretty much set. :wink:

I still can't get over how weird it was all censored on the Sci Fi network.  One of the best parts of the show is how the main character mouths off, and Sci Fi censored the heck out of that aspect of the character.

carterrocks

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 05:08:42 am »
I've watched half way through series 2 and i love it.  ROXY!!!  I love her, especially when she threatened to shoot that guy lol OOO what was that women called?  The one that followed the man into the after life in series 1- that was like the saddest episode ever!

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 12:37:58 pm »
Quote from: "carterrocks"
I've watched half way through series 2 and i love it.  ROXY!!!  I love her, especially when she threatened to shoot that guy lol OOO what was that women called?  The one that followed the man into the after life in series 1- that was like the saddest episode ever!

open door's an invitation... I gotta jump!

carterrocks

• View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2007, 12:11:46 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

I loved her!!! Too bad she got fired.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 10:39:28 pm »

She was okay... I liked how she took photos of everybody and categorized them. But I definitely LOVE daisy... she is too great

carterrocks

• View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 04:41:11 am »

She was okay... I liked how she took photos of everybody and categorized them. But I definitely LOVE daisy... she is too great

I liked Daisy too, though she seemed a bit *ahem* loose lol

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 11:40:27 pm »

"knew, blew? Tomato, tomahto!"

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Dead Like Me
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 11:12:08 pm »
I rented it... it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I thought it was okay, but not great.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

carterrocks

• View Profile
Dead Like Me
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 01:52:50 am »

"knew, blew? Tomato, tomahto!"

Lmao...Oh I saw the woman who Daisy replaced on CSI MIAMI, she set fiire to her own house...