Author Topic: another of catchy songs  (Read 3580 times)

nate-smith

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
another of catchy songs
« on: May 08, 2006, 02:20:53 pm »
okay

so ATM proves that the catchier a song is the more radio play it will get. so of V's songs which do you think would get more radio play if given the chance?

i say private radio

-nate
Thanks,
Nate

My heart, your hands, gentle my friend
Break me neatly, numb me sweetly

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
another of catchy songs
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 02:27:39 pm »
on harmonium, i think Private Radio, San Fran, Cest La Vie, or Whos to Say. Out of the new songs.... i think the single should be Best Behavior or PYHOM>

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
another of catchy songs
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 12:00:26 am »
"Private Radio" would have made a great single, along with "Who's To Say"

From the new songs, I agree with the person above me who said "Best Behaviour" or "Put Your Hands On Me". But you never know...she may have a first single lined up that we haven't even heard yet

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
another of catchy songs
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 04:44:34 am »
Private Radio and................. Who's to say definitely.
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

saphire

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 05:57:27 am »
The One and Private Radio.

Who's to say is the favourite song of the most of my friends so i think this one two. C'est la Vie for sure
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

musicnotex

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
another of catchy songs
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 12:53:11 am »
Yep! like everyone else i think private radio would make a great single. Even my sisters like it!

and perhaps, who's to say, pyhom, and afterglow! i think it would esp be quite popular in asia [where i am now] cos there slow tuneful songs with nice lyrics are quite popular.

i like songs like cest la vie, but i dont think theyd make good singles...i dont know if theyd get that sort of airplay atm got?

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
another of catchy songs
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 07:51:55 am »
its kinda sucky you know ....i mean if u look at private radio ...it is so not nessaish...

its so "pop"y...if u know what i mean

its kinda unfortunate that an artist like nesa whos like officially out of the main stream is like forced to put forward songs like this ...just to stay in the limelight ....

but yeah ...private radio,the one,this time,...would defintiely get more radio play...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
another of catchy songs
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 08:10:05 am »
wtf. private radio is an amazing song. she wasn't forced to put out a song like that. if she had been, i'm sure it would have been a single.
Samuel
(he/him)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
another of catchy songs
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 08:44:33 am »
whoah....

dont get me worng...

private radio is an amazing song...

i jus meant the situation is sucky...where she has to put out such songs...

though it does havea tinge of nessa in it ...you know the part about the song being about what happens when the world has gone to bed...

still gothic i'd say...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
another of catchy songs
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 10:34:37 pm »
i think a lot of it is gothic. not just that part. the whole thing is about insomnia, and then there's the deny, oblige part.. that screams nessa.

also, not all of vanessa's good songs are gothic, and yes, a lot of them are poppy. a thousand miles anyone? san francisco?

sorry if you feel like i'm jumping on your back. i'm not trying to. i guess i don't see how you can say it's an amazing song, but it's sucky that she has to put it out. doesn't make sense to me. but whatever floats your boat..
Samuel
(he/him)

another of catchy songs
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 10:31:42 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
wtf. private radio is an amazing song. she wasn't forced to put out a song like that. if she had been, i'm sure it would have been a single.

Definately.

And the tempo of that song goes along perfectly with someone experiencing insomnia.  Your heart-rate is slightly up and your all antsy and stuff.  I think it is a really well crafted song and show's Vanessa's range.  And I'm sure Stephan had a lot to do with that song ending up the way it did as well.

If you want to feel sorry for her "having" to do something, I think it would be more proper to take a shot at the Time Warner commercial.  That's more likely something she didn't want to do, but had to due to Harmonium's weak numbers upon release.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
another of catchy songs
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 11:36:39 pm »
private radio is an amazing song...

i jus meant the situation is sucky...where she has to put out such songs...

I think Private Radio is a song that has great potential to be a hit, because it has a really catchy melody, and it's well-crafted, and fun to listen to.

However, I think what joey meant is that it kinda sucks that other amazing songs, for example, She Floats, just aren't seen as "suitable" singles for the market. It's unfortunate. But I guess that's the way it is. That Vanessa is capable of writing "hit"-type songs like ATM etc. and other fantastic songs like Wanted, The Wreckage etc., that aren't necessarily suitable for singles, really shows her talent and scope as a writer.
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

musicnotex

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
another of catchy songs
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:18:38 am »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
However, I think what joey meant is that it kinda sucks that other amazing songs, for example, She Floats, just aren't seen as "suitable" singles for the market. It's unfortunate. But I guess that's the way it is. That Vanessa is capable of writing "hit"-type songs like ATM etc. and other fantastic songs like Wanted, The Wreckage etc., that aren't necessarily suitable for singles, really shows her talent and scope as a writer.

totally agree with that...i mean V is a very versatile writer of songs...she can write ones that are catchy like atm, pretty baby, and private radio, which is good, cos then if they are released as singles theyd definitely increase her airplay. but at the same time she rocks at writing unconventional, darkish songs, which really show her maturity and talent as a writer. so i guess both are good, and i wouldnt worry too much about whether v's music is 'poppy' or not, as long as she's not being forced to produce ONLY poppy songs or only a certain type of song to suit the market, you know? like as long as she has freedom to develop and continue writing the songs she wants to write, whichever style they are, i'm happy...